Help with my training

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
xQuetos
New User

Help with my training

Post by xQuetos » 07 Aug 2016, 21:29

Hi guys

So I just wanted your take on my training routine and maybe if it needs to be changed a bit. I practice football everyday for around 3 hours, is this enough? in these 3 hours I work on a bit of everything passing and shooting against wall, dribbling through cones, juggling/freestyle, first touch.. .I also always try and workout at home 3 days a week doing body weight stuff and also using dumbbells that I have at home is 3 days enough to see much improvement in size and strength?

I'm around 6ft and weigh about 65kg which is pretty skinny so I'm trying to get stronger and bigger for football. Would a split like this be ideal for a football player?

Monday - Back and Biceps
Wednesday - Chest and Triceps
Friday - Legs, shoulders and abs.

At the moment I don't do much cardio or sprinting drills even though I play left wing, naturally I'm pretty fast but maybe I should include some into my routine? I also would like some advice on my diet, I try to eat clean and barely ever have sweets, fizzy drinks or junk food but because I'm skinny I really want to gain some weight so what foods won't make me tired and sluggish for training but help gain some mass?

Thanks
Last edited by xQuetos on 08 Aug 2016, 19:55, edited 1 time in total.

expert
Site Admin

Re: Need some help

Post by expert » 08 Aug 2016, 08:42

Hello and welcome to the forums.
xQuetos wrote:I practice football everyday for around 3 hours, is this enough? in these 3 hours I work on a bit of everything passing and shooting against wall, dribbling through cones, juggling/freestyle, first touch.. .
3 hours is a lot in my opinion. Most teams don't train that long and there are usually more breaks during team practice.
It might be productive to work on specific drills for 1-2 hours but at higher intensity.
Anything else you can do to become a better athlete is good. Weight training and sprints are helpful if you at least 13 or older.
15-20 minutes of jogging is a good start for any routine so you can warmup before the actual exercise.
Good luck!

xQuetos
New User

Re: Need some help

Post by xQuetos » 08 Aug 2016, 14:36

Yeah it's quite a lot but I'm 17 so trying to push myself and improve during the summer holidays plus I'm always bored sitting inside. Thanks for the reply will take it all onboard

RobertW
New User

Re: Help with my training

Post by RobertW » 31 Jan 2019, 10:01

There are many great ways to train. One way is attending a soccer camp in America or Europe. In America there is a camp that bring European Coaches over from the biggest clubs in Europe to America. https://europasoccercamp.com/

Firafootballfitness
New User

Re: Help with my training

Post by Firafootballfitness » 13 Mar 2019, 00:49

If you can keep a high intensity for 3 hours straight that is insane. However if you feel sluggish during training it may be better to have a short intense workout than a long low intensity workout. It all depends on how you feel. Another thing you could do is schedule a 1hour and 30 session in the morning and later on a short intense workout. Try different things but try to keep it intense and active.

For the gym. The plan you have now is good. If you like that stick to it. If you want to try something else you can also do a upper body and lower body split. It would look like this.

Day 1 Upperbody
Day 2 Lower Body
Day 3 Upperbody
Day 4 Lowerbody
Day 5 Upperbody
Day 6 Lower body
Day 7 Rest

For diet you want to have a calorie surplus. Which means eat more calories than you burn. Some food you can eat are brown rice, sweet potato, oatmeal, chicken, fruits, avocado, carrots to name a few.

Check out my blog for a post on hydration https://firafootballfitness.com/?s=Hydration