JDefoe- Some insight on technical skills

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
jdefoe
Forum groupie

JDefoe- Some insight on technical skills

Post by jdefoe » 18 Jun 2015, 15:15

After taking part in some national training camps and observing high level coaches I came to an obvious but important realization. If you want to play high level football you must have near perfect technical skills. I accompanied a friend of mine to a tryout for a 3rd division team and I realized that during a drill all mistakes were tactical and not technical. My advice is to play with the ball against the wall every single day at high pace. There are other articles here that I've written on this but that's your starting point. Once you have the technical skills you can learn the tactical later.

expert
Site Admin

Re: JDefoe- Some insight on technical skills

Post by expert » 20 Jun 2015, 09:16

Hey JDefoe. :)
Yep, that's a good way to look at it.
Also, coaches tend to care more about tactical mistakes since they can direct/instruct you right there on the spot.

jdefoe
Forum groupie

Re: JDefoe- Some insight on technical skills

Post by jdefoe » 20 Jun 2015, 11:57

expert wrote:Hey JDefoe. :)
Yep, that's a good way to look at it.
Also, coaches tend to care more about tactical mistakes since they can direct/instruct you right there on the spot.
I agree with you there. Like you said I think that tactical mistakes are more coach able but technical not so much. From my experiences, many coaches are not that great at coaching technical skills because it came so easy to them.