Help Creating a Training Routine

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
Shawn2600
New User

Help Creating a Training Routine

Post by Shawn2600 » 14 Apr 2015, 18:43

I'm 15. My strenghts are shooting and speed. My weaknesses are footwork, keeping posession, and I'm small. I want to improve a lot. My goal is to make it to make varsity 2015-2016 year college and plan in the MLS on the Galaxies and go from there. I play central mid. I have 1- 4 hours to practice. I do body weight training ( for half a year now). I've only been playing for 2 years. I haven't played on a team this season. I want to improve on footwork, speed, tactics. I want to improve my strenghts and make my weaknesses my strenghts. I practice 2 hours per day 4 days a week but I want to practice 4 hours a day ( 2 sessions per day) 5 days a week. I practice with my bro ( age 10). i would like any help possible: links, etc.

expert
Site Admin

Re: Help Creating a Training Routine

Post by expert » 14 Apr 2015, 19:58

Hello Shawn and welcome to EF.
Hey sounds like a very ambitious plan. My suggestion would be to play organized ball as much as possible.
Practicing alone is good during the off-season but you really want to be playing all year around if you plan to make in college and further.
Anyways, nice to see somebody new around here and most importantly good luck! :)

Shawn2600
New User

Post by Shawn2600 » 15 Apr 2015, 19:27

Thanks. I'll be playing organized ball next year. It's off-season for me right now. Right now I'm trianing to make varsity for my highschool. Then I'll join my local club in the fall of this year also. I've found a lot of good stuff on here. Right now I've pretty much devised a routine, I just have trouble sticking to it. I love this site though. If you have any more advice for me, I'd be glad to here it.

expert
Site Admin

Post by expert » 17 Apr 2015, 23:21

Thanks, Shawn. Yep, I know what you mean. It's hard to practice on your own without getting distracted. It can be enjoyable too, once you start to see improvements. So yeah, just keep at it! :)