ScottS4's new routine

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
scottS4
Veteran Member

ScottS4's new routine

Post by scottS4 » 05 Feb 2013, 07:01

Since the outdoor season starts in less than 3 months, I think it's time for me to get my sh*t together and start serious training again. I recently did fitness testing with my team, and I was nowhere near where I was before, or where I should be. I feel like I've been coasting since November, and thats just not acceptable. Here is my plan for the 6 weeks or so, and I'd like to know what you people think.

Team sessions: (all I've been doing since November, no individual training)

Monday: 1 hour fitness session, usually lots of running, sprinting, cardio etc.
Wednesday: Indoor men's league game
Friday: 1.5 hour technical session, usually drills, and a 30 minute 5 a side at the end.

Personal sessions: (will start immediately)

200 push ups, 200 abs, 50 chin ups: 3/4 days per week
Tuesday: Olympic lifting routine,
Thurday: Weight lifting
Friday: Olympic lifting routine,
Sunday:Weight lifting
Static stretch every night

-The olympic lifting routine consists of deadlifts, shrugs, hang cleans, and one other exercise that's name I can't remember
-The weight lifting will be tailored towards speed and power, but will obviously incorporate the whole body. I'm going to switch from high weight low reps, (what i used to do) to low weight high reps.
-The push-ups/core/chin-ups will be done sporadically throughout the day, every alternating day.

additional, optional sessions:
Tuesday morning (2 hour drop in soccer)
Thursday evenings (1.5 hour practice with my old club team)
1 cardio session per week
juggling daily

What do you all think? At the moment its hard in my country to play soccer due to the weather, so thats why its so workout heavy. Do you think I should lighten it or what? My main goals are to improve speed and power, improve core strength, tone rather than bulk my upper body, and improve cardio.

p793
Veteran Member

Re: ScottS4's new routine

Post by p793 » 05 Feb 2013, 13:20

Yo man, could you post the olympic lifting and weight lifting routines in full?

heiky0711

Post by heiky0711 » 06 Feb 2013, 00:44

Nice, all the best for your training :D

My Latest Football Vlog: https://youtu.be/AAmtqY6kjFM
Subscribe my YT channel: http://bit.do/theheiky11
My blog http://soccer-tricks.blogspot.com

scottS4
Veteran Member

Post by scottS4 » 06 Feb 2013, 01:57

Well I went to the Tuesday morning drop in this morning and wouldn't you know it, I reaggravated an old injury and I'll probably be resting for atleast a week. God fu**ing damn it.

And of course, I get the call tonight from the head coach, asking if I can play for the first team tonight. (I play for the reserves) And I had to decline. fu** sakes, why does sh*t like this happen?