Practice shooting in your room

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
nick117
Veteran Member

collin wrote:so let me give you a good example, so what your saying is that if a baseball pitcher practiced throwing with a golf ball then he would not improve? you guys are crazy, of course he would improve, a smaller ball takes more skill and accuracy
your example is so far off base it's not even funny.
if you were right then why don't we all go juggle marbles smaller the better right? hell lets go have baseball players throw them too. maybe basketball players can learn to dribble with bouncy balls. football players can learn to throw them as well.

take note that none of those things are done and that's why your thought process is stupid.

desire10
Veteran Member

nick117 wrote:
collin wrote:so let me give you a good example, so what your saying is that if a baseball pitcher practiced throwing with a golf ball then he would not improve? you guys are crazy, of course he would improve, a smaller ball takes more skill and accuracy
your example is so far off base it's not even funny.
if you were right then why don't we all go juggle marbles smaller the better right? hell lets go have baseball players throw them too. maybe basketball players can learn to dribble with bouncy balls. football players can learn to throw them as well.

take note that none of those things are done and that's why your thought process is stupid.
Wait I've got one - Does Valentino Rossi practice his hairpins on a tricycle?

Seriously though, nicks right. Just think for a minute Colin, if you try and instep drive a tennis ball, you always gonna contact it with the top of your toes, your foot just can't get that low. Same for passing, if you try and hit a nice firm push pass, the ball comes off your very lower arch, practically your sole.

Juggling is fine, Because the contact area can remain the same, thus the technique is very similar. You get better because you have to be more precise with a tennis ball, and them transferring back to a big ball is that much easier.
Everything you need, is already inside.

collin
Veteran Member

maybe that is what they said when pele played with rolled up socks, but fu**in look at him now. Also, about the juggling thing, you can also juggle with your intstep, and thats pretty damn close to the same touch as shooting it. Also, take bare feet into mind, obviously if you use shoes its going to hit under the heel. Bare feet not so much, depending on how big your foot is i guess, but mine is just fine and i wear 9.5. Also, not everyone strikes with their laces, who says you can't practice placing shots with the inside of your foot? Clearly if you try to shoot a tennis ball with your laces you are an idiot

nick117
Veteran Member

if you try it with the inside of your foot you're an idiot. similarly 1 pro making it big while playing with the only ball he could make until he was 15 or so doesn't show any evidence that it's in the slightest bit beneficial. simply put the idea of using a tennis ball for anything but dribbling and juggling is just moronic. i don't know how to express it any clearer for you.

Every single last part about kicking a tennis ball is different from a real ball EVERY single part it's not like 1 thing is off it's the size,the way it moves, the texture, the angles you will get, everything it's just not a smart idea.