yes
80%
no
20%

Total votes: 5

Miilleniium

why is it important to have a rest day?

Post by Miilleniium » 29 Jul 2011, 15:33

every day i have to do something to improve my skills, if i dont practice with the ball i have to do footing or abs, somedays i practice footing+abs+3hours practice :o so i haven't had a day of "Rest"since like a month or more.
My skills are a lot better since i practice by myself since like a week ago so if i take a rest i'm worried that i wont improve and other kids out there are getting better while i'm not :roll: so you guys are the ones that know about this subject so i'll wait for your answers

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 29 Jul 2011, 19:26

If your playing seriously ever day and you don't rest your body will break down. I don't know if your going high intensity ever day but at one point i had high school 5 days a week then 2 pick up games on the weekends and after a few weeks of that my body was done.

willz17
Sophomore Member

Post by willz17 » 29 Jul 2011, 21:31

You need to let your body have a rest so in the long term your body doesn't break down when you playing a important match.

desire10
Veteran Member

Post by desire10 » 30 Jul 2011, 01:53

It's not only for your body, but your psyche. Symptoms of overtraining range from physical strain, to mental strain - mental fatigue, exhaustion, depression. Your mind needs a rest as well, if your training non stop, your body will not only suffer, but your motivation will suffer. You won't feel like training anymore. I can always train better knowing that "today's my only session, and I'm resting tomorrow, I'm gonna go all out!". Quality over quantity, and give yourself breaks! You deserve it!
Everything you need, is already inside.

scottS4
Veteran Member

Post by scottS4 » 30 Jul 2011, 04:48

your body breaks down if you don't rest, thats a fact. for some it takes longer, but its inevitable. it happened to me during preseason this year. after a solid month of soccer 10 times a week, i was at a stage where after a couple of sprints, i was gasping for breath and had my hands on my knees.

a few years ago there was a member here called "mufc21," who claimed to train 5 or 6 hours a day. after a while, he made a topic saying that he felt tired all the time. his "solution" was that he needed to work on fitness more. that was obviously not the case, his body had just been pushed to the max and needed serious rest.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 31 Jul 2011, 17:47

For your muscles to grow, they first need to be broken down.

When you over strain a muscle, the fibres tear and break. Over the next few days, your body gets rid of muscle fibres that are past the point of repair, fixes any with minor damage, and grows more fibres (fast twitch) or improves the functionality of the fibres (slow twitch)

Miilleniium

Post by Miilleniium » 02 Aug 2011, 03:17

Thanks everyone for your answers! I tooked friday and saturday as rest days and on sunday I practiced 3 hours alone and could go like 1 more hour and didn't seem like I was sweating a lot, and desire10 you're right at one day I didn't wanted to practice anymore. After that practice I went to play out and played really really bad! I don't know why! It may be because they were older than me but that really made me feel horrible :( days ago I go out there and dribble 2 players and then make a goal with a tiny porter and everyone just wanted me in their team (kids younger and the same age as me). Today I practiced 1 hour and went out to play like 30 minutes, again with older people than me and kids with the same age as me, played better than yesterday but not as good as days ago :( The only reason that comes to my mind is that I played good with people of my age and when It comes to people older than me I just can't seem to drrible them and dribble is definitely my strongest point because I practice it more than other aspects. Ok so i'll hope to go practice tomorrow and then play and hope I can play as good as days ago, good night people! :wink:

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 02 Aug 2011, 05:53

you need to have a second option to dribbling. Players who are faster and stronger than you will absolutely wreck you if you don't. The average time each ac milan player gets on the ball over 90 minutes is something like 75 seconds.