Outdoor Training

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
collin
Veteran Member

thanks guys. I have always been told about this one touch thing since i have started first training awhile back, and this is pretty much what it has come to. I know that i should take bigger touches when defenders are around, and smaller stouches when they are close, i know all the tactics of it. But at the same time, when i do this style and when im moving at a good pace there is something about the feeling i get like the ball is glued to my foot and i feel invincible...i dont know. I do think i am a pretty stiff dribbler, but look at ronaldo, he is also very stiff and stands up very tall, so i think everyone is a little different.

I will definitely keep practicing this style of dribbling, because i want to get to the point where i can do this as fast as somebody could run, it may seem impossible to you guys, but its a goal and dream for myself. But i will also take the tactics of dribbling into mind, by taking bigger touches to get going and stuff.

About the whole shooting thing, as i said before shooting is definitely my biggest weakness, but its definitely improving every session i do. My right foot and left foot are very very close when it comes to shooting. I can pass the ball and shoot the ball the same distance with both feet. But both of my techniques are very different. When i shoot the ball with my left foot i almost have to be at an angle, and the form is very unproper and it looks as if i am side swiping the ball. But with my right foot i can actually apply technique and constantly change the form which i cant do with my left for some reason. My dribbling with my left is also close to my right foot, but this video is not a very good example of it to be honest, atleast for the speed dribbling part. This is not something i have practiced, i have been able to shoot with my left and right foot since i was 6 years old, i think it was because i used my left alot more than all the other kids.

And for whoever asked i am 16, going to be 17 in 2 months

and when you guys mean to take longer strides im not sure what you mean by that, like i should knock the ball farther in front of me? but then the can will get it :<

Barcaelona10

Your control and dribbling between the cones were good, you have pretty quick feet. How did you get them to be so quick? Also have you seen any results from the speed latter?

And a perfect example of when to take a touch every step and when not to is this goal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk-kXwjASEE

nick117
Veteran Member

quick note for barca 10 search around the forum theres about 15 topics made on fast feet.

Barcaelona10

Yeah i've seen those before, I was just wondering what he does.

collin
Veteran Member

to be honest man this is the first time i have really used the agility ladder for more than 10 minutes. I rarely ever use it. As for the fast feet question, there really is no secret to it. It is simply just hours and hours of dribbling through cones, you can believe it or not but i did not do any, fast feet workouts or anything to get this way. You have just have to keep dribbling through the cones as fast as you can, whether its slalom or dodging the cracks in the street. For the past few years, and still today i focus a large amount of my time on dribbling, while other people focus on more than 1 aspect, a few years ago all i did was do this for hours. This is why my shooting is not so good today, but im still working on it. And i am balancing my routine out more because thats the best way to go

collin
Veteran Member

Thanks for the video it gives me some knowledge on that. But a question for everyone on the forums, even though i should take bigger strides with my dribbling and stuff, should i still keep practicing to take a touch every step? or is this not necessary for me at this point, should i be more focused on dribbling at my highest speed possible, and getting my strides set straight but also keeping the ball decently close?