Should I practice with a futsal ball?

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
Miilleniium

Should I practice with a futsal ball?

Post by Miilleniium » 16 Jul 2011, 18:19

Good afternoon everyone :)

I have never practice with a futsal ball and I heard a time ago it helps in ball control and dribbling I don't know if this is true.

My dream is to become a football player and prove everyone that you can still be a great player even if you start practicing at the age of 14.

Now i'm really getting into this football games and I went today to a practice and didn't do well and I feel really frustrated beacause I really practice a lot and when I have to show everything on the field I don't :( u.u

So I was wondering if practicing with a futsal will develop my football skills?
I'm always playing futsal because there is a futsal field just in front of my house.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 16 Jul 2011, 19:32

Sure it will! Any kind of playing is good.

But, more on the note of being frustrated when it comes to game time/organized practices, don't be! They can be an entirely different animal for most. Even if you have all the skill in the world, and have practiced much, you can lose that confidence when it comes time to apply it in-game. The only thing I can suggest is to start small to build your confidence, and assure that, given enough games/practices, you'll be playing just as well as you do when it's just you.

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

Miilleniium

Post by Miilleniium » 16 Jul 2011, 19:45

Exactly, I know that's what is killing me, I get really nervous and I need is confidence and relax before a game, I know if I can dominate the mental factor i'll play great :)

So I will buy a futsal ball, I can use it to practice on grass and on a futsal field right? or only on the futsal field?

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 16 Jul 2011, 20:59

Consult the Mentality subforum, as well as the section in Featured Articles of which I'm partially responsible for! It will serve you well. :)

Hmm, I don't exactly play a lot of outdoor futsal, being from a cold, dark part of Canada, so I'm not an expert. :p I think, though, that grass might be OK, unless you're worried about getting the ball dirty. It should hold up.

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

Miilleniium

Post by Miilleniium » 16 Jul 2011, 23:20

thanks a lot ;)

Yeah I just checked the mentaly posts and I learn a lot :D