problem that occurs when you pass one touch on the move

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
cyxstudio

problem that occurs when you pass one touch on the move

Post by cyxstudio » 01 Jul 2011, 16:57

So all this while i stand still when i pass the ball on the first touch and i got very used to it. In fact, i am good at it. The ball comes, i get surrounded, i touch it out of the crowd.........

until one day in training the coach wants us to "move towards the ball and play one touch".... here is where the problem comes in.

I realise i cannot do that at all!

when i move towards the ball, the estimation of arrival of ball is all mess up. I cannot connect it with the inside foot to deliver a pass. I end up kicking the ball with the heels, the insole ... u name it, all but the inside foot.

is it just me or everyone has this problem?

Barcaelona10

Post by Barcaelona10 » 01 Jul 2011, 17:06

My guess is that your just not used to it and it just needs some practice. You can practice this by passing a ball against a wall and go to the ball as it comes back to you and pass it back first time.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 01 Jul 2011, 17:33

Sounds like you're taking your eye off the ball and not focusing enough.

Concentrate on keeping your eye on the ball throughout the kicking motion and you should iron out this problem.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 01 Jul 2011, 18:21

I concurr with both of the above. Practice will help you get used to keeping your eye on the ball and following through. Don't stress; it will obviously be very difficult at first since, ideally, you would want to touch and control the ball first. But, the quicker you can act effectively on the ball, the better, and the better your play will be, so it's a worthwhile venture. Keep at it!

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!