Should you do individual practice during inseason?

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
eddy192837
Veteran Member

well during this season i recently got injured twice (hip flexor for 3 weeks) and now groin on the same side thoughh its not bad at all and im more than sure i can comeback in a few days to a week.. soo i was wondering if i have 4 days of practice a week should i also be focusing on doing individual training alsoo or just on the training at hand with my club team that are #1 in state and forget about individual training inseason besides juggling? individual training routine or no individual training routine for more restt? and btw training sessions with club last around 2 hrs

thatguyoverthere
New User

number 1 team in the state!? what state and what team, if you are playing for a team as good as that and all your training practices add up to 10 hours a week, i reckon you would be stupid to continuously practice by yourself. i would suggest you pick the day that is furthest away from a match and the training sessions and do just continuous ball work, no strenuous excercise or weights etc. just you and the ball, 10 hours a week is already a lot so you should focus on resting and mainly just ball work like juggling etc

that would be my advice anyway

eddy192837
Veteran Member

Yeep real madrid in florida u15 defeding state champss and yee ill probably only be doing juggling and probably a day of doin individual stuff

collin
Veteran Member

eddy you must do individual training if you want to be great. There are no great players who haven't practiced on their own. Plus if you don't do anything on your own what makes you different from the kids on your team?

eddy192837
Veteran Member

Truee true, how does your routin look like bcause i think i may be doin too much sometimes and i wanna see wat urs iss

collin
Veteran Member

practice my skills, juggle,dribbling drills,shooting,freekicks and a little bit more juggling to end. remember i posted it already in the routine section. But i know what you are feeling, you feel like you are doing to much and you keep doing your routine everyday and feel like your seeing no improvement so you want to see what everyone else's is right? because that is exactly how i was a few months ago, but really what you have to do is design a routine that fits you and your needs and what you want the most

Had2bHarry
Veteran Member

You should continue your individual training, maybe do one session (two max) a week by yourself, but mainly focus on targeting your weaknesses and the areas you need to improve on which are difficult to practice with everyone else at training.
Sig by me

nick117
Veteran Member

Pretty much what the others have said. It's going to depend on how you feel, if you're exhausted don't push yourself into an injury and be careful about doing any weights at all. Harry said it best just do your weaknesses not full 2 hour intense training sessions.

D10

You can train as much as you like, it's all about recovery. It's good to have rest days, however if you want to train and you feel up to it, just make sure you have a good cool-down and stretch your muscles out after your session.