whats your warm up?

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
collin
Veteran Member

hey guys just looking for some ideas on some good warm ups. im just curious what you guys do for your warmups do you do some juggling and dribbling and stuff maybe some quick exercises? i know jogging and stretching but what are some things i can do to warm up my touch a little bit before i start my routine?

scottS4
Veteran Member

I jog for a while, then do this sequence in order:

(each one for 20 meters, then jog back)
-high knees
-kick butts
-side shuffle
-carioca
-open the door
-close the door
-kicks (motion of kicking)
-lunges

Then I static stretch the basic leg muscles.

collin
Veteran Member

do u do anything to warm up your touch or do u just mess around with the ball for a few mins to get the feel?

scottS4
Veteran Member

yeah i mess around with the ball after i'm stretched. juggle, taps, step overs etc..

nick117
Veteran Member

Go with scott says on the dynamic stretching part or youtube has some video's of a "better" way of doing it that gets more of the muscles. During highschool i would do the dynamic warmup then go and just dribble and get used to the skills i would most likely be using in a game. After than my friend and i would pass to each other starting about 10 yards apart and work up to 30 or 40 yards. Then i would go and play with the ball again until we got in a group for small side.

After that it's game time.

The only exception don't do the static stretching it's been proven to reduce strength by 9% for 1 hour in your muscles so you end up slower in your sprinting and overall power.

scottS4
Veteran Member

nick117 wrote:Go with scott says on the dynamic stretching part or youtube has some video's of a "better" way of doing it that gets more of the muscles. During highschool i would do the dynamic warmup then go and just dribble and get used to the skills i would most likely be using in a game. After than my friend and i would pass to each other starting about 10 yards apart and work up to 30 or 40 yards. Then i would go and play with the ball again until we got in a group for small side.

After that it's game time.

The only exception don't do the static stretching it's been proven to reduce strength by 9% for 1 hour in your muscles so you end up slower in your sprinting and overall power.
really? i feel really vulnerable to muscle pulls if i don't do static stretching. i'm afraid of sprinting full out or kicking the ball with full power.

nick117
Veteran Member

if you go through a more extensive dynamic stretch it shouldn't be a problem.
http://www.elitesoccerconditioning.com/ ... tching.htm

ImpossibleIsNothing6

I go for a 100-200m slow job, followed by 20m each of: but kicks, high knees, 'open the gate', 'close the gate', shuffles, ect.. then i do dynamic stretches on my whole body working up from my calves to my triceps. then juggle for a bit, mess around with the ball, and then im off to train.