Question for klc123

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
eddy192837
Veteran Member

Question for klc123

Post by eddy192837 » 13 Feb 2011, 07:04

since you seem to know so much about how best/messi/maradona dribble, play etc. can u please edit my trraining routine because i also have kind of a style like this but i wannt to incorporate this style too into my training routine.. so can u please like tell me what i should add, take out, etc. to this training routine to make it a maradona/best/messi based routine viewtopic.php?t=17795

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 13 Feb 2011, 21:02

I really can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 13 Feb 2011, 21:05

he's cereal.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 13 Feb 2011, 21:15

klc123 wrote:I really can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.
It obviosuly isn't sarcasm man.. Come on now..
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

eddy192837
Veteran Member

Post by eddy192837 » 13 Feb 2011, 22:29

Im serious, cause supposively from what ive read in some topics u know alot about george best/maradona/messi style

collin
Veteran Member

Post by collin » 13 Feb 2011, 22:41

what about eddy style?

mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint » 13 Feb 2011, 22:53

panchester07 wrote:
klc123 wrote:I really can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.
It obviosuly isn't sarcasm man.. Come on now..
I agree its a genuine question asking for advice.
i was made to ignite

WatchKingKennyPlay
Sophomore Member

Post by WatchKingKennyPlay » 14 Feb 2011, 00:04

Alot of people love wanting to dribble like these guys, and you cant blame them. Everyone can play like them but try and incorporate the moves into the way you dribble at the moment.
Body shape and physical attributes also help form the dribbling style IMHO

eddy192837
Veteran Member

Post by eddy192837 » 16 Feb 2011, 02:20

Sooooooo.. Klc can u help?

Wanderer
Veteran Member

Post by Wanderer » 16 Feb 2011, 14:18

dont worry hes prolly jz playin hard to get at the moment..

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 16 Feb 2011, 16:47

Look, I know you asked this to KLC but I'll go ahead and answer from what I know.....

best, maradona's, and messi's style is quite simple really.... its all about the touch over the ball, they run/ran with the ball glued to his foot, just like if he went to the drug store and bought some glue and put some on his boot... he has almost complete touch over the ball... this is the most important thing to dribble like them, or to dribble in general...

Your routine is really good.. Maybe it will lead you to drible more like a Neymar/Robinho/R9 player, but hey if you can achieve that you're flying.... I see you have included stepovers, these players don't exactly do stepovers, but I'm a believer that 2 good stepovers well done can beat the defender for you to just touch it and explode in the other direction..

You have good dribbling drills on there, and if you do them consistently and at a high intensity you will get much better needless to say..

Lastly, for touch juggle.. Juggle atleast 3 times a week for around half an hour... The main thing that let these players go on runs beating 3 and 4 men is having the control they had over the ball, and that is obtained by juggling... Structure your juggling....

So lets say....

Monday, Wednsdays, and Fridays

Juggle normally to 1,000
Then juggle only with your right to 500
Then Juggle only with your left to 250

Your touch will improve quickly so will your confidence and you wont want to stop juggling ever.... After you can do 500 with your right, make it harder on yourself, do 1000, etc... After you can do a 1000, juggle twice, flick it up over your head, turn around and keep juggling..

Lastly, another drill that gave me mad touch/feel, is sprinting 30 meters with the ball at highest speeds... Its not so game realistic, as you don''t really have to sprint that speed in a match often, bu the fact of sprinting really fast while trying to maintain control improves your feel for the ball a lot...

Apart from the skill, the rest is trying to fake out the defender, with hips and all... Messi does a little hip movement at times faking that he's going to go right, and then explodes left, after he left the first defender behind he's already on pace and the second defender is much easier.....

Its also a fact that after you have very good touch you can get creative and leaving defenders behind is much easier.. You could cut, to your left, cut to your right and explode..The ball is glued to your foot, you can be spontaneous and creative... If your touch where heavy you might need to rely on a gut fake-shot, but now that your touch is gold, you can run to the defender at 75% speed and flick/chip it into the space in the right of him, control it and be gone... There are no limits when you have the touch..

I really have good touch because i train it a lot, sometimes I do 3-4 cruyff chops in a row? They come out perfectly and I'm always in control over the ball, theres no "how you should beat the defender" handbook.. If you have great touch you can do whatever you want with the ball if you adjust your speed to the game of course.

Add the juggling drills to your routine and you'll turn out into a terrific player real fast man.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

albmi
New User

Post by albmi » 16 Feb 2011, 17:14

I wouldn't say that juggling makes you a better dribbler. It does give you a better touch of the ball but I know jugglers that can't control the ball on the ground.

Dribbling is about ball control, but it's also about being smart and self-confident. Best and Maradona were smart with the ball. So you need to practice to get it all glued in to your head.

When dribbling you always need to look at your opponent how he is standing. What foot is his supportive foot etc. And how to throw him off balance. A smart dribbler knows already what to do the moment before he gets the ball.

Say, if you get the ball on your right foot, and you have an opponent in front of you, you can drag the ball to your left side, this will make the defender use his right foot as his supportive foot, and go against the right side (your left side) and that moment you burst and change direction to his left side (your side) this will make him unbalanced. Or you can go left, he goes right, and then you go right and then burst and change direction again to your left side (his right side) leaving him unbalanced. So it's also about being fast. You can add lunges and scissors in to this too.

Remember, the defender will always move the way you and the ball move. It's not really hard to get him unbalanced if you can fool him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE-I4kKnTIg

Johan Cruyff used this also very good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU-k-Ots3iY

You can't approach a defender at full speed. You always need to to spare your acceleration the moment your gonna burst in to a direction. And always make the defender either go left or right, don't approach him directly at full speed.

This doesn't just go for 1on1 situations but also 1on3 situations.

Juggling is good for touch but to get good ball control on the ground you need to run and dribble with the ball and also freestyle ground moves are pretty useful too.

But the most important thing is to have a good shot or else there is no point in dribbling if you're not gonna dribble to create space so you can have a shot at the goal or pass.

If you can dribble and shoot well with both feet, you'll play at a high level.

And I almost forgot, confidence is the key to playing at a high level.

In my opinion, self-confidence is key to everything.
Last edited by albmi on 16 Feb 2011, 17:26, edited 1 time in total.

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 16 Feb 2011, 17:22

^people already tried that argument about juggling not helping dribbling. you're wrong simply check the other thread where we talked about this.

albmi
New User

Post by albmi » 16 Feb 2011, 17:28

nick117 wrote:^people already tried that argument about juggling not helping dribbling. you're wrong simply check the other thread where we talked about this.
OK. I'll check it out. But dribbling and juggling are two different things :)

Dribbling is about being smart, and confident but also ball control. Being able to juggle to 10000 doesn't make you a good dribbler, it can make you good technical, but this still doesn't make you a good dribbler. I have seen defenders and midfielders who are good technically, they have a good touch, but still can't dribble unless someone tackles them. And many can't throw an opponent off balance. To become good at dribbling you simply have to dribble, there is no short cut. saying that juggling makes you a good dribbler is wrong. Juggling gives you a good touch of the ball and makes you good technically, but there is more to dribbling than that. Dribbling is the hardest part in football, yet when mastered it becomes the easiest part. If it was about juggling making you a good dribbler we would have thousands of Maradona's in this world.

collin
Veteran Member

Post by collin » 16 Feb 2011, 20:41

albimi dont even try them lol you wont win. BTW Pan when you do structered juggling say i was doing it with my right foot, do you stand on your left leg and do those little 1 inch touches or do you juggle like you would normally expect only doing it with one foot? i hope u get what i mean