left foot dribbling?

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
dasfootball90

left foot dribbling?

Post by dasfootball90 » 26 Jan 2011, 23:25

I have tried numerous of drills that have been effective but recently since I took a couple weeks of, my left foot seems to have bad touches. I am natural right footed and I am determine to become better with my left foot. Does anybody know any really effective drills that work's well with weak foot? Technique is what i want to build.

Met

Post by Met » 26 Jan 2011, 23:56

Use your left foot more. I consciously use my left foot when I'm predominantly right footed during training. People even ask me if I'm right or left footed and I usually can't say either way. My left foot shots are alot better. I use my left so much, I have to remind myself to use my right foot once in a while so it doesn't get rusty. I practice inside and outside cuts with both feet and that's all I need. Any drills good. How well and how often you do it is what counts in the end, not what the drill is.

You have to start with basic drills if you want to redress the balance. Start with the very easy, simple, basic stuff. And stay there.
You with the ball: Running with the ball, at different speeds keep close control, change directions at different angles. Maybe add a few cones for variety. Few basic tricks.
You with the ball and the wall: Wall passes - first with side foot, instep, outside, then turning either way, then shooting.

Technical players, are just players who concentrate on the basics to a stupendously high level.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Re: left foot dribbling?

Post by panchester07 » 27 Jan 2011, 17:32

dasfootball90 wrote:I have tried numerous of drills that have been effective but recently since I took a couple weeks of, my left foot seems to have bad touches. I am natural right footed and I am determine to become better with my left foot. Does anybody know any really effective drills that work's well with weak foot? Technique is what i want to build.
Drills?

Same you would do to improve your touch with your right foot...

Juggling, juggling will get your touch good, and fast... Maradona, the player that I have seen with the best touch of all time, juggled a lot, Ronaldinho has a magical touch and control and he's always juggling, juggling domesticates your touch and control over the ball.. It gives you cordination, it is the best way to obtain touch, and its fun...

I take 1,000 touches with my right foot everyday juggling.. My touch is extraordinary and I don't mean to sound cocky.. I divide it in sets, 4 sets of 250...

Since I don't dribble with my left as much, I take 500 touches with my left while juggling..... 2 sets of 250... First its gonna be a little hard, but then its gonna be real easy, and it helps OH so much..

If you aren't advanced in juggling then juggle with both your legs, untill you can effectively get say, 500 juggles in, then divide it in sets and reps and stuff...

Then juggle and flick it over your head, then juggle in patterns, etc, etc.. once you dominate a juggling skill make it harder on yourself everytime.....In the games, you'll have the ball glued to your foot like d10s...

Watch: Total control over the ball:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dFozejqeiY

You can also go to a field, and do 15 - 30 meter sprints with the ball in close control with your left foot... Helps heaps, trust me..

You can also do wall drills with your left foot... Boom to the wall and control it, divide it in sets and reps and keep the intensity high...

You can also do cone drills with your left foot, organize it in reps, and keep the intensity and the pace high..

Do this and it will be more than enough... Research around ef for control drills, and do them, there are millions of ways of getting better touch, and the rewards are huge, trust me theres nothing like beating 2 men and scoring, with the ball in perfect control to your foot at all times... Its a footbalistic orgasm.....

Remember, Train hard and Play easy..
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

dasfootball90

Post by dasfootball90 » 27 Jan 2011, 18:23

juggling really isn't one of my problem panchester. I can juggle with both feet very well. but that you. I will put more effort into juggling too

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 27 Jan 2011, 20:35

dasfootball90 wrote:juggling really isn't one of my problem panchester. I can juggle with both feet very well. but that you. I will put more effort into juggling too
I used to juggle, but disorganizedly... That is, maybe juggle to 700, with both legs and then finish.... And I'd say " i juggle everyday" I had a very good touch then...

Now, I juggle with organization...

1,000 juggles with both foot

1,000 juggless with my right foot

500 juggles with my left foot

100 juggles flicking it over my head...

How much better it is than just juggling I can't describe with words... highly recommend it...

The feeling of being able to do exactly whatever you want with the ball is priceless... Touch, touch, touch... Thats what makes Lio the best.. touch!

eddy192837
Veteran Member

Post by eddy192837 » 05 Feb 2011, 00:08

So you arebasically saying if you juggle that many times a day, it will improve overall touch, dribbling, control, pass, and shooting... And would u recommend it better than doing a training routine

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 05 Feb 2011, 00:45

Don't do it instead of a routine the beauty of juggling is it doesn't take a lot of time and can be done anywhere. Also it's not a strenuous activity so i guess if you needed a rest day you could do just that but at the same time if you wanted to do a full training session you could juggle too. However yes it does help everything you are saying I've been doing what panch suggested and it's like night and day some of the things I've found that i can do.

eddy192837
Veteran Member

Post by eddy192837 » 05 Feb 2011, 01:33

sooo lets say after every practice i do:
1,000 juggles with both foot. 1,000 juggless with my right foot. 500 juggles with my left foot. 100 juggles flicking it over my head

it would improve my touch tremendously? soundsss goood... btw how fast would i see improvement?

collin
Veteran Member

Post by collin » 05 Feb 2011, 01:42

i disagree with this, juggling does not help your dribbling but i think it does help your overall touch on the ball, for example if someone puts in a cross you being able to control it would be from juggling. I have seen kids that are amazing jugglers and then they step on the field and there dribbling is complete sh*t. Im good friends with this one kid that is really good at juggling 10x better than me and does those kind of things to but he is not good at dribbling and has a bad touch when the ball is on the floor. But i guess its different for all of us, but eddy just dont think that juggling is some secret method of becoming great because there isn't any just train hard and spend time with the ball you know

eddy192837
Veteran Member

Post by eddy192837 » 05 Feb 2011, 01:44

hahhaaa yea i kinda figured that out right after i postedd,, its just ima incorporate this into my training routine to help improve overall touch tooo.

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 05 Feb 2011, 03:51

collin i hate to say this but stop talking. I've found improvement to be fairly quick but it's not instantaneous. I would say you would see a good improvement over a month. It very well can help your dribbling it will absolutely not replace dribbling drills but it does help.

collin
Veteran Member

Post by collin » 05 Feb 2011, 04:07

it doesnt help your dribbling it helps your touch, maybe your mind is just fooling you because you think its helping you but its really something different that your doing. BTW if this was true then billy wingrove wouldn't still be freestyling right now he would probably be on a regular pitch using his great "dribbling" skills that he got from juggling

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 05 Feb 2011, 04:45

Juggling is kind of like steroids (odd comparison i know) it's enhances what your doing but you do have to go and do it. For example you can't take steroids and not workout and expect results in the same way you can't juggle but not dribble and expect results.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 05 Feb 2011, 06:26

I juggle everyday of my life and trust me.... Juggling = touch...

Do you know the feeling of having the ball do exactly what you want it to? That you freaking think something in your brain, and execute it flawlessly? The difference between Ozeil, and Gravesen? Ozeil can touch the ball with the correct weight, with the correct power, each touch, having it do exactly what he intends...

Enough romanticisim....

If you want to have feel for the ball juggle..

What,??? it doesn't help dribbling but it helps touch? Driblling is the repetition of TOUCHes...... Touch = driblling.. If your touch is heavy you can not dribble, because every time you touch the ball you'll have to chase it around for the ball goes one way, and you want it to go the other.......

Son, touch = football..

after you receive the ball, and look for a passing option, if you have a good touch it will take you 1 second or less to get in a position where you can make a good pass.. if you had an okay touch, it will take you about 3 seconds.... if you had a bad ouch about 5 seconds.....

get it?? a person with exelent touch can do in 1 touch, what a person with good touch needs 3 touches to do....in a game that makes all the difference and more...

thats probably the difference between Messi, and the rest of the crowd... touch.....

eddy, it doesn't help in shooting, it helps in control, which is part of dribbling, it doesn't help in receiving.. but it helps you greatly in developing the ability of making the ball do exactly what you want it to

Perfect Touch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiYYSradplU

Perfect Touch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0GQj3AdwLc

See, the ball is fu**ing glued to his foot..... If you have that you can play football till your 60 years old and dominate people...

The opposite of that would be trying to make a cut, but the ball actually going 3 feet in cut, instead of the needed 1 foot.......

fu** i can't explain, yu understand though..

If you juggle your football experience would be taken to the next level, fact.

Juice

Post by Juice » 05 Feb 2011, 11:15

Yes. I agree. Its amazing what juggling has done to me..

The most important key to success is self-confidence.
The most important key to self-confidence is preparation.