Iniesta's style

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
collin
Veteran Member

Iniesta's style

Post by collin »

well i am not very fast and i watch iniesta who is not very fast either but hes so good at beating defenders. How does he do this? what is his style? i notice he does alot of inside to outside cutting and dragging. Almost like the mathews move, he does alot of cuts and hes good at making u think like hes gonna do something but does something different
eddy192837
Veteran Member

Post by eddy192837 »

to improve iniesta dribble try doing this

Improve Iniesta Dribble: 3 sets

Inside to Outside of same foot 10x each (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoKaE_OOU5g)

Inside of one foot to inside of other foot 10x each side (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW0Zw4ae ... re=related)

Cut outside 10x

Cut inside 10x
collin
Veteran Member

Post by collin »

yes both of those are very good ive practiced those im very good at the outside to inside with same foot the drag however is hard to use in games for me
matt
EF Forum Legend

Post by matt »

He does this a lot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73_Rhb3bXR4

What I love about Iniesta is how simple his style is, or at least appears to be. Nothing too flashy; just doing the basic things very well and very quickly.

Also he covers a lot of ground during games.
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like.
ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc »

Iniesta's most outstanding asset, in my opinion, is his intelligence and awareness. At top professional level, most all players have the physical capability of making the same cuts, in theory. As has been mentioned, he is effective largely without flash.

What seperates Iniesta from the rest is his impeccable timing and decision making. He accelerates and stops at the exact perfect moment and every one of his touches puts the ball in a deliberate position to prepare for his next genius touch. He is a master of reading the game and maintaining posession.

So I would have to conclude that what allows him to do what he does so well at the highest level is his experience, confidence, and composure.
(And, Iniesta being a professional, his skill of course. But his skill alone is not necessarily what seperates him from other top midfielders)
panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 »

Ajc, i think what you said is true, but additional to that, Iniesta probably has one of the best touches amongst pro's, inspite of all them having exellent feel for the ball, I think iniesta's is probably amongst the top 10 players with best touch, control, feel, mastery over the ball out there.....his close control is out of this world amazing... ball glued to his foot...

That, and probably his signature move, the don andres, he probably has practice it thousands of times, and he passes the ball the majority of the time, so when he does dribble, his touch, and his spontaniety, and unpredictability make him succesfulll.. His fakes, are also brutal, he sells them very well, and when you have his touch, and have those fakes its almost 100% effectivity..

collin, Juggle in all ways possible and do wall drills, practice your fake and do dribbling drills at high intensities ..
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'
ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc »

panchester07 wrote:Ajc, i think what you said is true, but additional to that, Iniesta probably has one of the best touches amongst pro's, inspite of all them having exellent feel for the ball, I think iniesta's is probably amongst the top 10 players with best touch, control, feel, mastery over the ball out there.....his close control is out of this world amazing... ball glued to his foot...
You are definitely right about that. He is certainly up there with the best in the world when it comes to touch and comfort on the ball, which is quintessential to his consistently remarkable impact on the pitch. That is not something I explicitly stated in my previous post, but I sort of intended to imply (unclearly admittedly). So thank you for pointing that out :wink:

I've seen other pros who demonstrate comparable ability to have the ball glued to his foot- Alex Hleb for example. The Bellarussian's close control is nothing short of stunning at times. But that player and a fair amount of others who have the same type of ability when it comes to touch on the ball do not exhibit Iniesta's prowess in using that ability to affect play so positively every time he touches the ball- which I believe can be credited to the combination of that ability and Iniesta's incredible football IQ and composure.

-Basically all of the ingredients necessary to be one hell of a dominating midfield presence