Embarresment/being teased because of training

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
ImpossibleIsNothing6

Embarresment/being teased because of training

Post by ImpossibleIsNothing6 » 11 Nov 2010, 10:25

I train at a ova lright near my school, after the bell rings, i go there, and its convenient. The "jocks" train there to doing there boxing cardio sh*t. while i do my sprints ball control whatever. training isnt as normal here as it may be to you guys, im here in australia. what should i do, i cant really find another oval, unless i want a 30 min walk home. Should i just look at it as "They wont be laughing when im making hundreds of thousands of dollars more than them" ?

InterDeLaChance
Sophomore Member

Post by InterDeLaChance » 11 Nov 2010, 15:37

No, just keep going there and eventually they will stop laughing. I mean it's only gonna be funny for so long.

Ward9310

Post by Ward9310 » 11 Nov 2010, 15:40

Screw them. If you want to be a footballer so bad, then you'll focus on yourself and not care about what others think.

oscarjackson

Post by oscarjackson » 17 Nov 2010, 07:34

similar thing for me in Victoria.. I usually train while the footy players are training, they all think footballs for pussies pfft. If you've got someone to train with then that'd help, otherwise they'l get over it pretty soon

soccer_after_death
Veteran Member

Post by soccer_after_death » 17 Nov 2010, 19:24

Just remember why you're doing what you're doing, and that should be enough to motivate you, they're just another trivial obstacle you have to overcome.

Good luck ;).

collin
Veteran Member

Post by collin » 17 Nov 2010, 21:21

ye man dont care about what other people think, i train up at my school everyday and alot of people look at me wierd especially the girls but u just gotta ignore them because they are dumb and they are wondering why you are practicing because they have never practiced or been commited to a sport as much as you. atleast thats what i think

soccer_after_death
Veteran Member

Post by soccer_after_death » 17 Nov 2010, 21:48

collin wrote:ye man dont care about what other people think, i train up at my school everyday and alot of people look at me wierd especially the girls but u just gotta ignore them because they are dumb and they are wondering why you are practicing because they have never practiced or been commited to a sport as much as you. atleast thats what i think
Definitely, people don't think it's "cool" unless you're training with a team, it's all a bunch of crap, you gotta do what you gotta do without caring about what others think.

In fact, if these people had half a mind, they'd start admiring you for your dedication.

Tip: just try and look super serious and focused, do some hardcore stuff when you notice people watching, show off any ball skills you've got as if it's nothing. And an iPod plugged in will help with the overall image.

Edit : Of course, that last paragraph^ is just for appearance, if you care what people think. If you don't whatsoever, then all the power to you, but you obviously do, or you wouldn't have made this thread. But it's only natural to care, perfectly normal.

Once again, good luck ;).

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 17 Nov 2010, 22:10

Yeah man, keep your head up and do your drills. If they're making fun of you, it's foolish. I do my training and workouts in a gym that's largely used by rugby players, but we get all kinds, even down to badminton players and synchronized swimmers. I guess we are lucky that everyone supports each other and no one scoffs at the specialized workout program of another.

I mean, sure some guys can bench a lot, but would they have the balance and poise to do some exercises that a ballerina might do? Probably not. They are just immature and you should do your best to ignore them and keep a positive attitude about where your training can get you.

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

soccer_after_death
Veteran Member

Post by soccer_after_death » 17 Nov 2010, 23:55

Rome_Leader wrote:. I guess we are lucky that everyone supports each other and no one scoffs at the specialized workout program of another.
Too bad that would only ever work in Newfoundland, hahahaaa you know it's true too!

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 18 Nov 2010, 00:00

Yo bro I kinda feel you, when I train alone and Im going with mad intensitites I don't like people looking at me.. I like to go to the fields I train at in specific times, where the amount of people thre is reduced- I don't know if I'm a pussy, but its my training, and I don't want people starring at me and talking about me when I'm trying to bust a nut-
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 18 Nov 2010, 00:38

I don't think you're crazy pan even when i train in my backyard i feel weird just from passing people /cars. Sometimes it's just odd to have people watch.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 18 Nov 2010, 01:36

soccer_after_death wrote:
Rome_Leader wrote:. I guess we are lucky that everyone supports each other and no one scoffs at the specialized workout program of another.
Too bad that would only ever work in Newfoundland, hahahaaa you know it's true too!
I'd go as far to say Atlantic Canada. ;) I worked out at gyms in Halifax and surrounding area for a bit and got the same kinda feel.

I'mma just say it: Screw Alberta! :p

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 18 Nov 2010, 07:29

Romez, we have sent our attack in your direction. Be weary of cowboys and flying "objects*"

*referral to "object": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqiic0UlukA

That crowdmember was a Newfie too.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

Alan88
Sophomore Member

Post by Alan88 » 18 Nov 2010, 10:53

I feel for you bro... In Malaysia, practicing alone is weird... Ppl staring at me weirdly when I'm doing some cones practices , jugglings and shootings...

Maybe this is the reason why my country sux at football so much... The commitment towards the game is totally different from country like Brazil and Argentina...

Shame to say ... A few days ago Malaysia losed 3-1 to Iran :oops:
The 1 goal is from penalty...

Not that I dun love my country but they ought to do better...

soccer_after_death
Veteran Member

Post by soccer_after_death » 18 Nov 2010, 23:50

rzadzinski wrote:Romez, we have sent our attack in your direction. Be weary of cowboys and flying "objects*"

*referral to "object": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqiic0UlukA

That crowdmember was a Newfie too.
HAHAHAAAAA

yay 2 on 1

And yeah Romez you're prolly right, you could extend it to all of the maritimes.