Training Routine Dilema.

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
collin
Veteran Member

so i have a situation here and i need your guy's help. i just started highschool season and we play games Monday, Wed., Friday. and we have a 2 hour practice on tuesday and thursday. Now here's the problem. when do i train? i know that some people say to rest before a game but some people train anyways. should i be training on tuesday's and thursdays before the games? or will this ware me out? or could i possibly do a light training session on tuesday and thursday with not alot of running and just cone dribbling and things?

i need some help here and tell me what you think i should do.

also i do train on saturday and sundays by myself.

Met

I actually envy you, the amount of football you are playing. You must always learn something from playing matches my friend. If you want to be better at drawing, you draw. If you want to be better at running, you run. If you want to be better at 11 v 11 football, you play 11 v 11 matches.

The most important thing for you is recovering. Therefore it cuts into most of the time outside playing football matches. If you are going to play football, do a proper warm up and especially a cool down. Don't worry if you are alone looking like an idiot. They don't know you are the clever one. Hot bath/ Cold /Icey bath, find out what works for you. The training outside of matches must not get you out of your breath. Lots of rest between reps / sets.

About specific training routine. I don't know what you are looking to do.

In conclusion I would advise against extra training on your own. You are already doing so much football, it would rival some professional footballers. If you are going to continue on this charade, get your body used to it at first, meaning you shouldn't feel tired / sore muscles when you aren't playing football. Nothing worse then trying to reprogram your muscles when they are not functioning properly.

I hope that helps,
Met

collin
Veteran Member

i think i will just do light training sessions, i also want you to know that my highschool practices are horrible. we do the worst drills for 2 hours and trust me im not getting any better from that because the coach is an idiot. but i will try and get my muscles used to this training before matches and im 90% confident if i train the day before a game i wont be sore. thanks for all the help and adivce