ball control

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
FootLove
New User

ball control

Post by FootLove »

Sometimes the ball comes to me on air, and I can not control him, he came to me to the wrong places.
Many times in the stomach and sometimes penis, piss me off I can not control it, and it flew sideways and they capture the ball.

thx brothers :)
Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader »

You need to practice your control a lot. It is one of the most difficult things to do in soccer, to get a quality touch the first time when it is coming at you fast and at funny angles. It's all about experience in knowing what part of the body to use, and where to be.

Your best training buddy is obviously a friend who can supply you with accurate and realistic balls, but a wall works nearly as well if you lack a friend. Try to prepare for every eventuality. Wet a ball purposely, put crazy spin on it, etc.

As a general rule for control, you do NOT want to rush it, and bring your foot to the ball, because the ball will only rebound away very quickly. The ball is like an egg. You have to cushion it. Try and bring your leg in towards your body pacing the ball, and keeping your muscles relaxed.
nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 »

Another thing is as uncomfortable as it may be the stomach is one of the best and easiest places to trap a ball and you often have to use it so get used to it.
panchester07
Veteran Member

Re: ball control

Post by panchester07 »

FootLove wrote:Sometimes the ball comes to me on air, and I can not control him, he came to me to the wrong places.
Many times in the stomach and sometimes penis, piss me off I can not control it, and it flew sideways and they capture the ball.

:lol:

Man... Control is a thing that takes time and training... like the above members have explain.... if you play a lot, you'll eventually learn to not only control it with amazing ease (very easily), but all your weakness will be strengths and you'll be playing like the people you see on TV.... You just have to pracitce, or better play a lot, but you need to be patient, and realize its a learning process and take it a step at a time.. Rome wasn't built in one day.

If you just play a lot, all your weaknesses will become strengths naturally.

But if you want to pracitce control and improve it a lot quicker, then you can find a wall, and start hitting the ball to the wall and practicing controlling it in all ways possible. Train for perfection. Be very picky, meaning, hit the ball hard, and try your best to control it perfectly. This will be hard at first, so start slow and patiently, but eventually you'll be able to do it with ease. Hit the ball at floor height, at mid height, at your head height, in all altitudes, speeds, and spins, you'll get better fast. Just remember to start with small steps and work your way up. Break the exercises in to sets and reps. Meaning, for example, 25 passes to the wall, and 25 controllings 3 times.

So, through repetition and practice, you'll "train" your feet and body parts to control the ball with mastery. Just be patient, and make it hard on yourself. If you can't control well, then find ways to simulate game situations and recreate the scenario.

If you can't dribble well, then go to a patch of grass and start dribbling. Thats how you train yourself. If you can't shoot go to the goal and start shooting. Repeat, be patient, and make it harder on yourself than normal. In a real game, if the ball is well cornered and with good speed it will be a goal. Since in training you have to make it harder on yourself, you would select a particular spot and train yourself by trying to place it there. Thats harder, and in the real game it will be easier to score, thats how you train, thats how you get better.

Similarly, if controlling is your weakness, then recreat the situation, make it harder on yourself, and train yourself by practicing controlling the ball many times. With a friend, with your mom, with a wall, whatever way you want. Theres not 1 way to practice it.

Since I know you're a begginer I'll tell you 5 drills you can do.

1: Find a wall stand 3 metres away from it, and pass the ball to it. As it comes back try to control it so its in complete pause. Once it is, kick it back, and control it again. Repeat

2: With a friend, pass the ball to him, have him control it, and pass it back. Repeat

3: Throw the ball with your hands up 1 metre above your head, and with your laces, try to control it so its in complete pause. Repeat

4: Pick up the ball with your hands, and let it drop on your foot, when it reaches your foot kick it back to your hands and catch it. Repeat.

5: ehhh can't think right now..... play..... and eat your vegetables man :wink: :wink: :wink:
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'
pickyourheadup
Veteran Member

Post by pickyourheadup »

5: ehhh can't think right now..... play..... and eat your vegetables man :wink: :wink: :wink:

You did NOT just wink 3 times :lol:

Great stuff Pan. Here is a link to more drills, with video explanations.
http://www.expertfootball.com/gossip/answer.php?qid=535
My Architecture Blog(updated 02-12-13)
Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader »

panchester07 wrote: Rome wasn't built in one day.
I beg to differ. :O Great post, Panchester.
FootLove
New User

Post by FootLove »

Thx you !

And

Hapoel hold nerve to quell Salzburg :D
We Winnn

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague ... index.html
gascoigne67

Post by gascoigne67 »

FootLove wrote:Sometimes the ball comes to me on air, and I can not control him, he came to me to the wrong places.

Controlling nice grounded balls and balls placed perfectly infront of you are easy as anything.

The trick to controlling these lofted, swerving, hard and fast balls is comfort.

Like a Dad says to his 5 year old kid trying to catch a ball. “Keep your eyes on it”, “watch it into your hands” (in this case feet). You have to watch the ball as you control it. It’s all about the focus first and foremost so if you nail this the next step is the comforting of the ball.

You’ve got to be cool calm and collected yet firm so the ball doesn’t bounce away from you. You want to erase as many dimensions the ball has to travel as possible.

e.g a ball rolling on the ground can go up or across but never down.
A ball in the air can go anywhere. So if it is like this destroy that thaangs dimensions. Bring it to feet.

You’ve got to be cool, but you want to be firm whilst you control. Lean slightly forward and guide the ball to your body part. Cushion it. Dont become a rock because that will allow the ball to rebound.

Good luck my friend. Im working on this too