50 shots a day helpful

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
dasfootball90

i have created a football routine for my left foot and one of the drills is to take 50 laces shots..
is this efficent for me if a do it a maximum effort with 5 soccer balls.

pickyourheadup
Veteran Member

Yes, as long as your critique each shot. Critique each shot and think about what went wrong/right and why.

A quote from Icy on This thread:
Don't rush and try to do as many shots as you can each practice. Take a few seconds learn from each and every shot. If you think something you did on the last shot may be beneficial take a few shots that are about 50% power and assess it. If it works, then keep it and if not continue to constantly assess each shot. Trying to just do as many shots as possible without consideration of technique is going to keep you shooting the same and even more likely pick up bad habits.
My Architecture Blog(updated 02-12-13)

dasfootball90

would it be dangerous if i am taking this many shots everyday per feet.
That about 100 shots per day
50-left foot
50 right foot
5 Days A Week
500 shoots a week...

nick117
Veteran Member

i can't see that many being a problem. you're probably safe until you decide you want to do 400 a day.

powell
English Meister

Yeh i'd say it would be say, but personally i don't think it would be as effect as say 25 shots maybe or 30.

I mean the likeliness is that shots 47, 48, 49 and 50 you wont be putting that same 100% effort you were with shots 23, 24, 25 for example, and therefore they can just be wasting some of your time. Sometimes too much of one thing isn't good for you. Its not the same but this of this for example, your revising for a test you do about an hours non stop of reading text books, how much do you actually take in? Probably half of it fully?

I hope you understand what im getting at, its been a very very very long time since ive posted something worth reading haha!

leonardo23
Sophomore Member

it depends on your fitness level

nick117
Veteran Member

you could always do a timed amount too, 15 min left 15 right. if i recall beckham practiced his free kicks for about that long after training.

scottS4
Veteran Member

i wouldn't do shooting 5 days a week. it'd be hard on your groin and your hamstrings.

nick117
Veteran Member

eh, 5 days isn't all that bad that means he has 2 days to rest. not to mention 50 isn't exactly pushing it.

thatguyoverthere
New User

Really it's up to you, I never think it is smart to ask others opinions about what YOUR OWN limits are. Now I'm not saying to not ask them questions as people on this site do give very good help but that you yourself should go out and practice one day and hit a point where you know yourself you won't be concentrating as much as you would be in your shots and by that you could tell how many shots you should be taking a day.

It is good to have quality over quantity as mentioned before but remember that sometimes we get too bugged up in "quality over quantity". Van persie when he was younger said he would have games in a small football pitch with his friends trying to build up his shot and would end up nearly doing 1000 shots a day I think. So quality is good, as long as it doesn't make you think that 15 good shots are better than constant shooting practice