Skill suddenly "exploding"?

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
ImpossibleIsNothing6

I saw somewhere on our EF forum, I forget where :? but it was about how if you keep training and training, with even little noticable progress in skill, that your skill level with simply "explode" and you will get better alot quicker.

Is this true?

p793
Veteran Member

Can you elaborate please

ImpossibleIsNothing6

panchester07
Veteran Member

What hee meant is that if you are consistent with your practice. If you keep practicing your skills and training to improve them, you will see benefits along the way. But yeah, there is a certain time, after a series of continuos practices, after a good time of training hard, when you reach a form, that you really increase your levell big time. For proffesional's imo, they reach this peak, after continuous training around january/february of each season. Thats when you see Messi starts scoring hattricks, and players reachh a level that's way beyond what they where in the beggining of the season. After training 2-3 hours per day, for 6 month, your body finally adapts, and you blast past your previous level... Its an interesting phenomenom.--

David meant you should keep training, and you'll improve everyday, somewhere along 5-6 months, you'll start playing one day, and then notice that you aree doing things with total ease. That your crosses are grat, your shots are exellent, your foot coordination is spectacualr. It makes sense too, if you do a series of cone drills today, tomorrow you'll see small results and benefits... If you train your dribbling and all your skills for a longer period like david said, you'll see biggerr imprvements with time. The key is continuity, and to understand that you're as good as you train to be.

Not only does this happen to players, it happens to team's. If you are on a team with players for 1 month, you'll play better than if your in a team with players for a week, but not as good as if your in a team with them for 6 month. Look at Spain ;).... On the other hand, look at Argentina.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

ImpossibleIsNothing6

Great explanation Panchester thanks.

Argentina yer, excluding that 4-0 down to the Germans. But Spain for sure, they were ALWAYS going to be a strong team with great bond, purely because of the ammount of Barcelona players.

Defender
New User

I juggled a lot last month but every time I set a record it was with around 15-20 more than previous one. But I juggled a lot every day and before 1-2 week I increased my record from 320 to 630.

ImpossibleIsNothing6

Defender wrote:I juggled a lot last month but every time I set a record it was with around 15-20 more than previous one. But I juggled a lot every day and before 1-2 week I increased my record from 320 to 630.
Random?

Icy
Veteran Member

Defender, once you can get 100+ getting a better record is more about getting over the mental block of "I can only do this many: *number*" rather than skill. Think about it, to get to 100 if you rotate every other foot you did it 50 times without messing up in a row. If you can do something 50 times in a row just fine, consistency isn't going to be a problem, just mentally accepting "I can do it".
"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness"

Markly23
Sophomore Member

!!!

Odd that I found this now. I've been doing serious training this whole summer, and went to our team camp for HS soccer last week. I really noticed the benefits of my training, and my coach did also, as he told me I am being considered for a place on Varisty this year! Huge accomplishment if I make it, for me- big team, high expectations, so Its hard to make varsity.

Anyways, this motivated me to train a whole lot more. And all this week I've been working, primarily on free kicks, but other stuff also. Towards the start of this week, it was horrible. Off target in all ways imaginable, wide, over, corner flag :P. Anyways, I was noticing very little progress, but I continued to work with it, even though I was getting a little discouraged.

I am a right footer, and I try to curl the ball inside to the top left or side netting. Yesterday I was hitting it more than half the time, and everything else was very close. I went from horrible all week, to exceptional, in one day! No practice cause of a tournament tomorrow, but I hope I get a chance to take one. But still, this is 100% right, huge improvement out of nowhere.

Met

Yes, it's common.

What you find awesome tommorrow, managing once a session, you'lll be doing it consistently in a few months. You will find that you can't not do it the way you want it. It almost fills wrong you are hitting the target every kick. That's why pro's find it hard to explain how they do their skills. It's probably give you an idea of how they started. You can't put into words 6 month's of training of little subtleties.