Chipping

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
Beautiful_Futbol
New User

Chipping

Post by Beautiful_Futbol » 21 Jun 2010, 01:28

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsBm2EvRaog

How is this done? Messi's motions seem so effortless...he barely had a "wind up" if that makes sense? Its this more of a scoop than a chip?

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 21 Jun 2010, 01:53

the ball was already bouncing so all it took was a little kick at it from the bottom to get it over.

acmilan94

Post by acmilan94 » 21 Jun 2010, 03:17

Messi does that when the ball isn't bouncing, too. for example the pass he had to Sergio Aguero against Korea. I think it pops up like that because he snaps his ankle a little.
--
"There's someone out there practicing right now, and if you face him, he will win."

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 21 Jun 2010, 03:24

I first tried to imagine how he does it, and I couldn't find an explanation. But then I realized he did with his strong foot, and then I imagined me doing it with my right foot, and then I could see me doing it.

He hits it really in the lower part of the ball, with lots of controlled - strength, the ball being in movement helped it elevate, and he used the side of his bigtoe, and the side of his instep. Hard to explain really, but its doable with repetition and practice.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

TommyGun
Veteran Member

Post by TommyGun » 21 Jun 2010, 04:24

panchester07 wrote:I first tried to imagine how he does it, and I couldn't find an explanation. But then I realized he did with his strong foot, and then I imagined me doing it with my right foot, and then I could see me doing it.

He hits it really in the lower part of the ball, with lots of controlled - strength, the ball being in movement helped it elevate, and he used the side of his bigtoe, and the side of his instep. Hard to explain really, but its doable with repetition and practice.
Yeah, I agree. He really accelerated through the ball to give it that high of loft. The ball started to slow its roll so he was running up into the ball's path, which did make it a little easier. If he was going full speed with the ball, ball height like that would have been reallllllly tough.