Tapaz

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
collin
Veteran Member

what are the benefits of doing that tapaz drill? its where you like just knock the ball between your feet as fast as you can? does this benefit you in anyway?

FuturProo1996
Sophomore Member

collin wrote:what are the benefits of doing that tapaz drill? its where you like just knock the ball between your feet as fast as you can? does this benefit you in anyway?
all u gota do is bang it in ur foot

panchester07
Veteran Member

collin wrote:what are the benefits of doing that tapaz drill? its where you like just knock the ball between your feet as fast as you can? does this benefit you in anyway?
No thats not a tapaz, a tapaz is when you TAP the top of the ball as quick as you can, in a sequence, to develop quick feet... the benefits are ofcourse, quicker feet, and better cordination. Also, in short periods, say a warm up, it WILL get your feet quicker for the next period of time, as it gets blood in the foot flowing quicker. As a wiser man (nbp) than me would describe the drill:
Touch the top of the ball with each foot alternativly, while trying not to move the ball
The drill you described has another name, and I don't know for certain the benefits of it, maybe the benefit of being able to do that move effectively in the middle of a game? Some might say quicker feet, but I don't know as the movement seems to be a lot of momentum after you do it more than three times in a row, and thats cheating. It might aid in ball control. I consider this drill a poor one.

Definetly get more creative, and research more about drills, depending on your goals, there are many, many drills in this website for quick feet, dribbling, control, and touch that will improve these facets, much more faster, much more than the one you've described.

Visit the featured articles guide, for drills after drills on quick feet, dribbling, control, coordination, etc, etc. :

-- index.php?f=86

Definetly your better off doing a little research and finding the right ones, than doing this drill that will barely help. Eventually, your make your own drills and get creative.
When you're doing a drill a rule of thumb and you have to think of it, "Am I making it harder on myself?" In a good drill, you'd make it harder on yourself, it would be repetitive, to give you improvements in the actual game. That's the fundamental every training drill was based on. IE:
You set 8 cones in a row, and slalom through them 10 times. This is one of the most basic drills.
- You make it harder on yourself because its 8 cones, in a real game it will rarely be more than 3 (if your doing this drill), and its repetitive because you do it 10 times, 8 cones.

Your drill becomes easy after the third time you do it because it can be done with rhythim, your not training, and your not making it harder on yourself that way.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

collin
Veteran Member

thanks but i dont use drills anyways, i never really use cones much anymore i just sprint with the ball and do cuts and moves and turns in an open field. i dont know if it will help but i would believe it has the same benefit because i dont think pele used cones right? lol

nick117
Veteran Member

it's very likely pele used something similar to cones just playing in an open field won't have the same effect.