Training dilemma...

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
Juice

Training dilemma...

Post by Juice »

(Maybe the wrong section, were a bit unsure on where to put it)

Okey so here is the case.
After the summer there will probably come a scout to watch me and a couple of others play..
Anyway, I feel that we have poor trainings with the club that i am currently playing for, we barely develop at all..
So, do you guy thing that I should, stop playing with the team and train the whole summer by my self ( consequence; I guess I will become more match unfit, because the lack of playing matches. But I will develop my skills more) or I could keep playing with my team ( consequence; I feel that there is players that is about equally good as me, so a guess that there will be harder for the scout to pick one player)

Because of school I cant do both :(
So what do y'all think?

The most important key to success is self-confidence.
The most important key to self-confidence is preparation.
Pichichi

Post by Pichichi »

You have to do both. Not that I was being looked at by scouts but my freshman year I had high school practice from 3-5 everyday and on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I had club from 5:30-7:30. This is in addition to games and pick up and training by myself. So don't tell me you can't do both.

If you really want it you're going to have to push yourself. You need to continue to develop, so train by yourself, you need the familiarity of the field and playing with others so you need to play with your club. You need both regardless of it's "too much". If you put the effort forth it will pay off.
klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 »

Why can't you do both?

Even if you done one hour training sessions after school, three days a week on your own practising drills, it would make an absolutely massive difference to your game and improve you massively in even a short period of time.

I wouldn't quick playing matches, you need match experience to be able to shine in front of a scout, and there are some things you have to play matches to learn, it cannot be taught.
fawad000

Post by fawad000 »

If you have to go for one , then go for individual training. Include long distance running in your program so you can increase your endurance( this way you will have match fitness without playing matches). So,at the end of summers, you will have both skills and stamina.
If you can go for both,that would be awesome.Try to find a balance.
Make sure you play pick-up games now and then to see if your improving or not and where you need to work on more.
Good luck
Juice

Post by Juice »

The thing is that im currently in the tuffest period at school, Im basically at school until about 4pm and then I start studying around 6pm to 9pm.. I have tried balancing school and football without dropping in grades or skills, and its hard...
The thing about the scout is that, He will take you to a team that is known for developing player and making them pretty complet as a players, then they send you to the big clubs in Europe if your good enough..
Anyway, Ill see what I will do..
Thanx:)

The most important key to success is self-confidence.
The most important key to self-confidence is preparation.
pickyourheadup
Veteran Member

Post by pickyourheadup »

Yep great advice everyone.

My tip: Follow the quote you have on the bottom of your sig Juice :wink:
My Architecture Blog(updated 02-12-13)