300 shots a day...

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
foodsample

Post by foodsample » 03 May 2010, 00:49

See the thing is, its a ball shooting session is similar to a weight lifting session or a workout session. It is not just bout technique but the muscles used.
Some people say that you can go ahead and do 150 situps everyday, because your abs do not need recovery time, but studies have proven it to be false. Just like any muscles in your body, the muscles involved in shooting need time to rest, recover, and grow. A friend of mine who has a unnaturally strong shot takes 50-100 shots every 2-3 days. Not to say that you are not on the right track. But improving your shot is a long term goal, not a short term. The last thing you want is to have to rest for a week or two after pulling a muscle. As long as your disciplined in your shooting routine, giving fair time for your body to recover. I guarantee you will start your season with a much improve shot, and a healthy body.

There is only so much that your muscles can take before they are injured. What I suggest you do is focus keeping to a realistic recovery time, so that you are getting the most out of them, without burning out.
And we're only telling you this with the best of intentions :P
"Y lo uvieras pegado al uno o dos que te salian?"
"O la hubiese tirado a la mierda, como lo hago siempre"

Mascherano ftw!

"Focus on the effort, not the results.. then results will come"

Live by it

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 03 May 2010, 17:17

Would you be doing 300 shots one after another? or just 300 throughout the day?

And about the 5-8 hours of training; It's better to do 3 hours of hard training than 5-8 hours of so-so training because there's no way you can have 5-8 hours of high intensity training. Just go for 3 hours of very intense training. It'll benefit you in the long run and also will give you time for your body to recover.
Just my 2 cents.

Icy
Veteran Member

Post by Icy » 04 May 2010, 12:10

@Soccer11 - Who says his training is high intensity training? Football is a game of skill. "Skill" consists of technique and consistency.

Skill is not something that needs to be trained at a fast pace at all times. Infact constantly doing it at a quick pace is only going to make you do the skill poorly at a quicker pace.

Coaches are too quick to drill in our heads from an early age that every practice should be done quick\hard\intense\etc. Why? How is this going to make us perform the technique of each individual skill better? If we cannot even shoot correctly why are we practicing controlling the ball, dribbling through a few cones, and then shooting?

We don't need our individual training to constantly teach us to do everything quicker. We need to use our individual training to learn to do the skill better. Yes, there needs to be times when you're pushing the pace a bit, but for the most part this is what team practices need to do.

We simply cannot replicate a human opponent or even game situations in solo practices. This is why we need to use solo practice to improve our skills to "perfection" and team practices to get more adjusted to performing them quicker. Again, I'm not saying only use solo practices for slower skill training, but this does need to be the major focus of it. There just isn't enough time during team practices and frankly developing individual skills during it is pretty much a waste of time.

@Foodsample - One example of a hard shot doesn't mean his method is the correct way. If this was the case then surely you're right behind him in terms of power, right? I mean 50-100 shots every 2-3 days is a sinch. No? He is the exception and not the rule :wink:

Also, yes, your muscles need time to rest, but everyone has a different work capacity. An intense workout for me in 6th grade is now a very light warm up for me. I could do what would kill the 6th grade me "all day long" and then repeat again tomorrow and feel fine. The same goes for shooting. As you become accustomed to it you'll be able to do many more without needing to wait days to try again.
"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness"

mufc21
Veteran Member

Post by mufc21 » 04 May 2010, 13:40

Thanks again for all the input guys. My trainings been going great, Im feeling tired but thats because ive been training so hard. More today and Ill keep you guys posted. Also Icy's right on point, when working on skill, low intensity, high repitition...

Wanderer
Veteran Member

Post by Wanderer » 04 May 2010, 14:51

soccer11 wrote:Would you be doing 300 shots one after another? or just 300 throughout the day?

And about the 5-8 hours of training; It's better to do 3 hours of hard training than 5-8 hours of so-so training because there's no way you can have 5-8 hours of high intensity training. Just go for 3 hours of very intense training. It'll benefit you in the long run and also will give you time for your body to recover.
Just my 2 cents.
I kinda disagree and agree with this. Put it this way, the football is like a girl, so jz like a girl, you gotta understand it, know how to touch and carress it, know how much pressure to apply on which spots which will make her respond the way you want her too, be able to handle her when she's bitchin etc..

Now, to get to that lvl of understandin of her, you gotta spend time with her..Of coz, 3 hours of intense sex is better than 5-8 hours of kissing. However, jz because you have done 3 hours of intense sex, doesnt mean you should stop there, you can spend the remaining 2-5 hours just getting to know her better.

Whether it be knowin her fav spots to be touched, or knowin which way she likes to be rubbed or spanked, or how hard or soft you should go to get the optimum result, or how to use various parts of your body on her, or how to handle her when she gets wild etc....jz spendin time understanding her body would be time well spent.

Rest is essential for efficiency. But even when you're well, recovering, doesnt mean you cant be understanding her, touching her, knowing her more etc.

Basically a football is like girl, any guy can slam one, but it takes skill to know how to carress one. And that skill is only gotten tru practice and understanding. And practice and understanding has no time limits or count limits. Have the intense sessions, but outside of that, be touchin every part of her every second you have with her, spend every second understanding her even more, and youll be a master of her.

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 04 May 2010, 15:11

Icy wrote:@Soccer11 - Who says his training is high intensity training? Football is a game of skill. "Skill" consists of technique and consistency.

Skill is not something that needs to be trained at a fast pace at all times. Infact constantly doing it at a quick pace is only going to make you do the skill poorly at a quicker pace.
he said it was off season training and he'd be working on strength, speed and other things in addition to skill. For example, when you do this
http://www.askmen.com/sports/bodybuildi ... s_tip.html
it'd be really hard to go for more than 3 hours. Look up some more things on hiit. I haven't done it but I've talked to people who have and they say it's really good.

and wanderer, nice analogy :lol:

Icy
Veteran Member

Post by Icy » 05 May 2010, 09:47

No doubt it'd be hard (read: impossible) to go for 3 hours doing HIIT. He doesn't need to make his entire training fatiguing. Great HIIT sessions (or any conditioning session) can be done in 30 minutes or less. Much past that and you're leaning much more on pacing yourself.

He can add in the conditioning session right after a couple hours of training. Say he does 2 hours of skill training and then he does his conditioning. I imagine he does 2 or 3 different sessions a day and not one 5-8 hour session. Because of this adding his strength\sprinting training before "the day starts" or doing conditioning after a skill session would hardly hurt him.

Btw, I agree that HIIT for conditioning is great
"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness"

mufc21
Veteran Member

Post by mufc21 » 06 May 2010, 02:02

1000+ shots in the past 5 days for me, a bit off the pace but definitely going pretty well. Also heres a vid I made almost exactly a year ago, even though Ive come a looonnnggg way since then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPljyB6AtrE

That should give you a bit of an idea of what level im at. My whole game is pretty equal so my tricks there arent waaayyy better than my shots, that was just messing with the ball. Peace

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 06 May 2010, 02:26

Nice shirttt braa!!!

and good skills, useless in a pitch, but good skills :)

your a dedicated man and that dedication is gonna pay off, in fact it already did, your train and play with a pro side right?

keep at it ;)
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Petter
Sophomore Member

Post by Petter » 07 May 2010, 11:21

just a tip.. i was in the same situation.. i had 3 months without games, and i went shooting almost everyday for several months. fu**ed my groin on my supprt foot, and now i've been injured for 5 months without progress.. will probably need surgery to get fit again.

my tip is, take care of ur legs. if you go to the pitch, dont stay shooting for 2 hours.. warm up, maybe shoot for 30-40min and then do something else like dribbling, passing or something. shooting is really hard on your supporting foot, because you keep jumping and putting all your weight on it at every shoot.

mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint » 08 May 2010, 17:02

I might try this because i dont do much training anymore just play 5 a side with friends on a thursday, im gonna do it just so i can own with my shooting :lol:
i was made to ignite

Gee
New User

Post by Gee » 16 May 2010, 12:09

mufc21 > Your idea is nice, but if you think deeper it doesn't sound as cool anymore. Football is much more than just a shooting contest.

Mind is the only limit you have - so first set up a goal - what do you want to achieve by doing 300 shots a day?

The only advantage I see is that you're gaining experience shooting from different positions and angles. The problem with that is that there will always be a spot that you haven't shot from before with certain conditions.

But by doing many reps you risk to harm your shooting technique and pick up bad habbits that you do while you're exhausted.

Try to make it interesting and use both legs - shoot blindfolded, hop-turn arround-shoot, have a friend to pressure you, volleys, corners, etc.

Good luck - Personally I think doing 50 quality shots is more than enough to make the shot recorded in muscle memory and unconscious mind.

Watch this movie it tells how marines are trained so they would act in action without thinking : "anybody's son will do" (it's on youtube)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DShDaJXK5qo

JR
Sophomore Member

Post by JR » 26 May 2010, 22:58

Tedium?

ps. how do i get a photo next to my name? :D

Markly23
Sophomore Member

Post by Markly23 » 09 Jun 2010, 15:31

Keep us updated, Mufc! You haven't posted in awhile and I'm beginning to think you've given up. :(

mufc21
Veteran Member

Post by mufc21 » 10 Jul 2010, 01:55

nah guys im still alive. The training went really well, I did 6-7 thousand shots in 6 weeks... Everything is going great, enjoying world cup, just came back from my rest and dont worry man I wont stop training anytime soon I dont think... Ive been doing this for years and its really fun. Gonna start my speed training in a matter of days...

Peace