moves while on the wing

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
Post Reply
stephen8789
Junior Member
Posts: 55
Joined: 04 Apr 2010, 17:33

Post

what are the best moves to get around defenders while your on the wings.

nick117
Veteran Member
Posts: 1105
Joined: 27 Aug 2009, 23:14

Post

there are no best moves go learn a ton of moves and use the ones you feel the best with.

gaisedvin2
New User
Posts: 18
Joined: 16 Apr 2010, 13:59

Post

-
Last edited by gaisedvin2 on 04 Aug 2010, 12:53, edited 1 time in total.

David_93
Senior Member
Posts: 260
Joined: 01 Aug 2007, 11:50

Post

I hope it's okay to put up a similar question about playing wing.

What is the most important jobs for a wing player do to do well? A few of them I can think of is to be able to stay wide on the wing to stretch the opponent team and be able to control it effectively when receiving a long crosser, and then be able to decide when there is an opportunity to challenge the defender, and get a dangerous cross in.

What do you think? Maybe I should make a new thread, but there is probably a thread about it already.

D10
Junior Member
Posts: 99
Joined: 03 Jul 2008, 01:31

Post

With good moves you can be devistating on the wing. You need moves that put you in good positions to shoot/cross the ball, put the ball into dangerous areas.

Stepovers, the Elastico, reverse elastico, McGeady turn are all moves that will give you space and time to deliver those killer passes.

LiveTheDream
Veteran Member
Posts: 393
Joined: 08 May 2009, 05:34

Post

If you're pretty fast and there is space ahead of you, try tapping the ball on one side of the fullback and running round them on the other side. (Not sure what this move is called though) Takes them out of the game and puts you in a good position to whip in a cross - unless your ref is like the bloke I had the other day who thought it went out when the ball was half a metre in :roll:
Don't wish things were easier...

... Wish you were better


Focus on the journey, and the result will take care of itself

D10
Junior Member
Posts: 99
Joined: 03 Jul 2008, 01:31

Post

LiveTheDream wrote:If you're pretty fast and there is space ahead of you, try tapping the ball on one side of the fullback and running round them on the other side. (Not sure what this move is called though) Takes them out of the game and puts you in a good position to whip in a cross - unless your ref is like the bloke I had the other day who thought it went out when the ball was half a metre in :roll:
Problem with this move is that it can be easily read and if you are playing against a good defender you will rarely get away with this. On the other hand if your moving at great speed, momentum will take you past the player.

LiveTheDream
Veteran Member
Posts: 393
Joined: 08 May 2009, 05:34

Post

D10 wrote:
LiveTheDream wrote:If you're pretty fast and there is space ahead of you, try tapping the ball on one side of the fullback and running round them on the other side. (Not sure what this move is called though) Takes them out of the game and puts you in a good position to whip in a cross - unless your ref is like the bloke I had the other day who thought it went out when the ball was half a metre in :roll:
Problem with this move is that it can be easily read and if you are playing against a good defender you will rarely get away with this. On the other hand if your moving at great speed, momentum will take you past the player.
Yeah, that is true - generally not a move you would want to pull over and over again. Once or twice in a game max, cause otherwise it is way too predictable. Just depends on a little bit of luck, and timing in my opinion :)
Don't wish things were easier...

... Wish you were better


Focus on the journey, and the result will take care of itself

pickyourheadup
Veteran Member
Posts: 822
Joined: 15 Apr 2007, 23:37

Post

Probably one of the most used moves in order to cross the ball--

The Matthews
My Architecture Blog(updated 02-12-13)

D10
Junior Member
Posts: 99
Joined: 03 Jul 2008, 01:31

Post

pickyourheadup wrote:Probably one of the most used moves in order to cross the ball--

The Matthews
Super effective, sometimes the simplest of body movements will give you the space you need to play the ball.

Post Reply