dribbling technique gone?

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
amu86

my dribbling technique seems like its gone. i can normally think on what to do, but now i cant. any advice?

panchester07
Veteran Member

I'm currently watching my national team beat Venezuela's ass, and I'm dead tired, but I'll give you some info that I hope will guide you:

1) Technique doesn't just go away. Messi doesn't wake up one day having lost all his skills.
2) Therefore you probably have a problem of overthinking.
3) To fix this you need a confidence boost.
4) To have confidence you need to be good right? You can't believe that you're good if you actually suck, your mind wont let you.
5) But you can better by practicing, after you do it a few times your mind will believe it can do it..

So practice dribbling..
Take a few laps around your field with the ball in your feet.
Do a few cone drills.
Repeat your main moves 10 times each
Dribble around your house

Once you can do it, and you realize you can do it, you'll have a certainty you can pull it off in a game.....
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

amu86

thanks, thats alot of good advice.

pickyourheadup
Veteran Member

Great advice panchester. Here are some drills that you can do amu86:
http://www.expertfootball.com/training/ ... drills.php

Also, here is a move page:
http://www.expertfootball.com/training/dribbling.php

When you dribble at a fast speed, you are usually pushing the Middle-Lower Third of the ball.

Since you are dribbling and running, you want it to be a smooth action. Therefore, your foot should generally strike the ball when your running stride is at its peak (before you push off and switch which leg is going forward).
The area between the bump on the top of your foot and your toes is where you should touch the ball to go straight ahead. Of course, when you turn, you adjust your foot accordingly.

Watch the dribble at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW-uxCnm3oU
0:36- 0:37 and at 0:41-0:43

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn2sRd5hcEI
0:19-0:20

Ball dribble area (ignore the text, I found the pic on the internet :wink: ):
My Architecture Blog(updated 02-12-13)

noah_onoff
New User

do cone drills

try to do it this way

6 cones set up

single footed dribbling
every time you go through and back it counts as one rep
do ten reps with each foot but make sure they are perfect or near perfect (keep control and dont hit more than 1 cone)

work on this and pick your head up while youre dribbling, by doing this and implying this you'll develop a habit to making quick cuts and utilizing different parts of your feet (inside and outside)

it will increase your touch, ability to beat players, technique, and field vision (if you get your head up)
good luck

pickyourheadup
Veteran Member

noah_onoff wrote:do cone drills

try to do it this way

6 cones set up

single footed dribbling
every time you go through and back it counts as one rep
do ten reps with each foot but make sure they are perfect or near perfect (keep control and dont hit more than 1 cone)

work on this and pick your head up while youre dribbling, by doing this and implying this you'll develop a habit to making quick cuts and utilizing different parts of your feet (inside and outside)

it will increase your touch, ability to beat players, technique, and field vision (if you get your head up)
good luck
My favorite part :D .

Good post noah, thats the kind of post that helps the forums.
My Architecture Blog(updated 02-12-13)

espana_27

thanks pick :D

this is my primary account (noah) for some reason the other one was logged in.. weird