Anymi's routine for strength and speed

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
Anymi
Veteran Member

Anymi's routine for strength and speed

Post by Anymi » 11 Feb 2010, 09:07

After much debarkle ive come down to two plans. Plan A and B. This is to be my action for getting stronger and faster, both priorities, as I am 18 now and I lack speed and strength.

The plans are basic. They are an outline of how i go about things

PLAN A:

Day 1:
Gym-free weights; chest, shoulder workouts, leg workouts. 3 sets of 5 reps of high weights.

Day2:
Rest

AND REPEAT

After the heavy gym work decreases...

Day 1: pushups and sit ups, more so free weight exercise

Day 2: Sprint and power training (e.g. hill runs. fartleks)

PLAN B:

Day 1: Gym, free weights, toning 3 sets of 20 reps

Day 2: Sprint and power training (e.g. hill runs. fartleks)

REPEAT

What is efficient to be a strong fast soccer player?

pickyourheadup
Veteran Member

Post by pickyourheadup » 11 Feb 2010, 13:00

I think you could combine Day 2 with Plan B. Better yet, maybe you can combine both plans, alternating between them each week.
My Architecture Blog(updated 02-12-13)

Anymi
Veteran Member

Post by Anymi » 11 Feb 2010, 21:10

pickyourheadup wrote:I think you could combine Day 2 with Plan B. Better yet, maybe you can combine both plans, alternating between them each week.
So are you saying doing to different kinds of weight training?

I want to get bigger and stronger quite fast.

Do you think doing running drills one day, rest another and heavy lifting a third day would be effective?

pickyourheadup
Veteran Member

Post by pickyourheadup » 11 Feb 2010, 23:57

If you want to get "bigger and stronger quite fast" then you should do heavy weights/low reps.

I see no reason why you can't workout almost everyday. One day you do running, plyos, stairs, or fartleks. The next day you do upper body (be sure you know what muscles you are training). The next day you do lower body again, doing different drills than the previous lower body day. The following day you would target different uppder body muscles than before. This would ideally continue for the entire week, maybe taking a day off with some swimming/bike riding.
My Architecture Blog(updated 02-12-13)

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 12 Feb 2010, 16:45

If you want to get faster, do less stamina work while your training your speed and strength and do only high weight low rep exercise. Also do ply-metrics and take protein supplements aswel as a healthy diet if you feel you want to maxmise your training effectiveness.

If you do this for a while you will get huge and very strong and fast, then just do your stamina work again to get some more endurance and lose any fat gained, making you a pure muscle machine.

Anymi
Veteran Member

Post by Anymi » 13 Feb 2010, 04:27

klc123 wrote:If you want to get faster, do less stamina work while your training your speed and strength and do only high weight low rep exercise. Also do ply-metrics and take protein supplements aswel as a healthy diet if you feel you want to maxmise your training effectiveness.

If you do this for a while you will get huge and very strong and fast, then just do your stamina work again to get some more endurance and lose any fat gained, making you a pure muscle machine.
When you do workouts of high weight low rep klc do you stretch like mad before and after to prevent injury and soreness. Whats your stretching plan?

dream_on_go_pro

Post by dream_on_go_pro » 13 Feb 2010, 05:43

If you want to get bigger and stronger fast.. take steroids. As long as you arent worried about having a nub for a d**k. :shock:

Anymi
Veteran Member

Post by Anymi » 13 Feb 2010, 09:29

dream_on_go_pro wrote:If you want to get bigger and stronger fast.. take steroids. As long as you arent worried about having a nub for a d**k. :shock:
Dude im looking for serious answers?

Its my last chance to really have a crack at this and I want to be able to get stronger and faster and not just piss around and not get the full results

Kasaki
Veteran Member

Post by Kasaki » 13 Feb 2010, 14:29

I wouldn't suggest trying to get bigger , instead try to to get stronger. What I do is I bench press, 1 day then rest the other , it's always 20% less then my MAX. Also I squat, and do sit ups. Stronger Legs = Speed? Also yeah make sure you run to offset the weigh training

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 13 Feb 2010, 14:52

Stronger: Gym work, everyday a diffrent muscle, max exercise EACH muscle twice a week...

Faster: Plyometrics, Sprinting Routine, Flexibility, Sprint Up Hill..

Thats all I've got, but that will help
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Anymi
Veteran Member

Post by Anymi » 16 Feb 2010, 06:01

Hey Klc just got myself some supplements haha. They are only 400g so itll last me a week.

I had 250mL of water and 30g of the protein and i have this twice a day. I shake pretty well. The back says to have this much but i dont know if that applies to certain aspects

Is this what you do?

Can you have it during meals?

When do you have it in a day?

Did you get effects after a week?

Thanks mate

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 16 Feb 2010, 09:53

1. MYprotein.com is what i use, you get a special scoop for it that perfectly measures out ~30g. I add that to half a pint of full fat milk and then use an electric hand blender in the glass to mix it up nicely and its just like milkshake, lovely.

2. I can have it during meals, although i don't always, it doesn't matter reguardless.

3. I try to have one in the morning, one at about 3 o clock and then one just before i go to bed. Make sure that your not overdosing on protein mate. 1gram of protein for every pound that you weigh, and you have to factor in roughly how much protein your getting from your normal food aswel.

From the milk shakes, the powder and the protein already in the milk combines to give me about 90g of protein a day and then ontop of that with my normal meals i have probably 120-140 depending on what im eating.

4. Yes you will see the results pretty quickly, ive been doing it 3 weeks and ive put on one stone and im much faster/stronger than i was before. I work out every single night though. You may want to have more rest days mate, i work out each muscle group once every 3 days to maximise muscle growth, not having enough recovery time slows muscle growth.

Any more questions feel free to ask.

jrry111
New User

Nice post

Post by jrry111 » 08 Mar 2010, 11:49

I like this post because here most of information about protein and it's products are available.I also want to know that is there all protein powder avail in market are suitable for health ?because since last two times my brands for protein powder are changed.So is there any problem with different brand ?

mufc21
Veteran Member

Post by mufc21 » 08 Mar 2010, 16:21

so how much do you weigh now klc and how much did you use to weigh?

jrry111
New User

Thanks

Post by jrry111 » 10 Mar 2010, 07:45

I think i have not so good info about that and i feel uncomfortable to tell here..but i think that it’s a fact that when you are working out in the gym your body gets exhausted and needs energy to keep going or to recover. The rate of absorption for the protein is essential. If you’re looking for quality protein powder, you can go to energyfirst.com for your needs. Maximize your workout with a good protein drink. It will benefit you in the end.Thanks for this.