Your method of getting past the defender

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
amu86

thanks that really helped me disign a way to get past opponets.

panchester07
Veteran Member

amu86 wrote:I was wondering what are your unique was of getting past an opponet
In a good game:

Approach him at 75% of my speed, sell it with a move, then explode in the opposite direction... Lots of sudden cuts, lots of body fakes, lots of stepovers... And creativity is key, I wont do the same move once, once you think you got me read, Ill do something different.. Of course, this is what im writting here, in the field its all "auto-pilot" for me, and I dont think of what I do, I just see space and perform...

The move that works most for me is the fake shot, possibly because I do take shots from distance, and then the defender thinks its coming when its not..

In a not so good game:

Im given little space and Im forced to pass quickly, not bad at all, just suffocating... In these games where the pace is so quick I only take 2 touches all day..

-----
The secret is to be spontaneous
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

2brown347
Veteran Member

Back when I played a lot I just used quick touches and waited for the defender to stab or commit enough to easily get past them. I've never been "fast" so outrunning a good defender was never part of my plan, doesn't mean I couldn't get past them.

Now I just dribble at them and look for a pass because I'm lazy, if I decide I want to take them on I still use quick touches but rely on out muscling the defender more than just making them commit then exploding.

scottS4
Veteran Member

when i'm dribbling slowly, i like to do a little chip over their shin. catches them off guard surprisingly often. if im dribbling fast i'll either pass it off or do an inside stepover. also that don andres move has worked for me a couple times as well.

amu86

alight, heres my method, i dribble at the opponet at speed. i slow down as i take a step to the side, then explode the other way with the outside of my foot.

footy_oaf

aaah this is my forte! :D

ok, well i like eexperimenting, especially when its not really serious, like a mess about.. so you could see me just gettin past someone like messsi, or trying a rainbow flick (which i am surprisingly good at :shock: )

but when its serious, i like the simple, no tricks, speedy style. although, it is quite "personalized", to my likings, if you know what i mean. for example, i exagerate the hips movement, and really move the whole body in the way of the fake. i also love the double or even triple fakes, where i start out facing one way, and end up goin that way.. i use this on people that are already used to my style to flip them out lol.

but when i get the chance, i love the really fancy tricks that make me look like a beast, like the rainbow, etc :)

jacobpurup
New User

well, it depends if we are in control of the game or not.

if we are:
i'll approuch him at low speed, lay all my weight to one side, maybe make a step-over, to see how he react, then suddenly when he goes forward to me i'll make a cut, where i lift the ball like 15cm of the ground so it goes right over his foot and then i'm away. i could also make a 'fake' cut and send the ball the other way and take him down by running faster than him.

if we are under pressure:
I'll keep the ball close to my feet, take good time and take my mates with me. Cover the ball good and wait to there's and opening for a pass or a cut. just keep the ball at my teams feet as long as possible. :D

Juice

I often approach the defender from the left, then when i am like 3meter away from the person I pretend to go to the right then I roll the ball with my right sole to the left before I let go of the ball with the sole, I hit the ball with the side of my left heel through the legs of the defender and run like sh'**t.
Hard to explain but it always works :)

klc123
Veteran Member

I never used to be one to believe that people have "natural talent" or a knack for something, but over the last 2 years or so ive really changed my opinion on that.

Sounds arrogant but i think im a quite naturally gifted dribbler, because i only started playing football 5 years ago and now im already the best dribbler and footballer in my whole school/college.

Its very difficult to understand how a player dribbles, i can't dribble past players if im concentrating or if i doubt my abilities. When im dribbling at my best i fully believe that im going to beat players and im not thinking about anything i just sort of naturally do stuff without ever thinking and end up going past defenders.

The best advice i can give you is to just dribble. Everywhere. Run to the shop with a football if you can. Walk around your house kicking a football, focusing on carressing the ball, you and the ball aren't two different things, you and the ball need to become one to be a brilliant defender, im not talking about players that do tricks to beat one or two players, im talking about god like dribbling when a player glides past the whole team effortlessly.

If you want to be that good, your control and feel for the ball with both feet has to be absolutely sensational, you need to be able to read other players and know how to beat them without ever thinking about it and perform whatever is neccessary in less than a second.

Read my dribbling guide, ive got loads of pointers and helpful tips on there.

You don't want to get into a situation where you always beat a defender in one situation using one method, you want a universal method that works no matter where you are, where the defender is and where the ball is.

Been able to adapt to different situations is the difference between a good and a fantastic dribbler.

human

so wats that 'universal method'?

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

human wrote:so wats that 'universal method'?
Play a one-two around him :P

But probably the easiest way is just to fake one way (and drop shoulder) and just explode another.

klc123
Veteran Member

If you can pass your way past a player, you should always do so. A long pass all the way up the field to your striker is just as good as you running all the way up there with the ball, it just doesn't look as good and is alot easier to make a pass.

Nat_H
Veteran Member

klc123 wrote:it just doesn't look as good
Nawww. Yeah it does!

klc123
Veteran Member

I know,but Iniesta and Xavi do long balls up the pitch to whoever is on top at the time for them to finish them, and they are brilliant but they don't get talked about for that long after.

People still talk about Messi's run from the halfway line against Getafe years after it happened, people still watch and talk about Maradonas one against England years ago lol.

Nat_H
Veteran Member

Well it is for sure more difficult of a play. Which is why less goals are scored that way. Hmmmm...I guess both look great if they're successful.