Start Juggling

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
Kasaki
Veteran Member

Hey guys I just started playing 2 years ago, I was thrown right into top football where didn't have time to learn how to juggle, am still playing academy but I want to learn. I look stupid when everyone is doing it. any drills or tips?

panchester07
Veteran Member

Just do it like nike says..

Have lots of patience, I recently started juggling with a tennis ball..

The first day I could do 10-15 and I practice for like 30 mins..

The second day I could do 20-30 and I practice for like 30 mins..

and so on, you just need patience, watch 2-3 videos on youtube on the technique, its better than me just explaining you word for word on here..
" an image is worth a thousand words" so a video should be worth a million words..

Have patience, the first 3-4 days you might wanna quit, just keep doing it with faith that youll get it down by the 2 week..
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

Kasaki wrote:Hey guys I just started playing 2 years ago, I was thrown right into top football where didn't have time to learn how to juggle, am still playing academy but I want to learn. I look stupid when everyone is doing it. any drills or tips?
What Academy do you play for?
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

Anymi
Veteran Member

Start with size five ball and try and go from left to right rather than just the one foot. It improves both feet for control and it also gives you time to get balance between each juggle.
Try and reach knee height with each kick

udinese20

You should also try to vary the height once you get the hang of it... try juggling for a few minutes by kicking the ball above your waist. After that you should juggle for a few more minutes by keeping the ball as close as you can to your foot, not letting it get very high.

pickyourheadup
Veteran Member

Take a look at the exact same topic here:

viewtopic.php?t=16308
My Architecture Blog(updated 02-12-13)

Kasaki
Veteran Member

MUFC1994 wrote:
Kasaki wrote:Hey guys I just started playing 2 years ago, I was thrown right into top football where didn't have time to learn how to juggle, am still playing academy but I want to learn. I look stupid when everyone is doing it. any drills or tips?
What Academy do you play for?
chicago magic, thanks guys any drills I can use to work on ball control to? I dont have cones but have assorted items lol

soccerjj

Hi Kasaki i was wondering what sort of level that academy is at and how many times per week you train?

Ball Control/general ball comfort

viewtopic.php?t=3526 - Jdefoe home dribbling guide.

This is an incredible program for ball comfort!

Ball control while dribbling

Dribble between objects scattered around. (practice your fakes aswell)

Be imaginative!

Kasaki
Veteran Member

Hey update I guess btw it's an ODP team

Anyways first day: My max was 6 average was 4 , here is the issue I have ill have times where I can barely get one and then ill have times I get 4 or 5. Also when I hit it I get to much backspin sometime how do I deal with that. And when the ball is to close to me how do i keep my juggle? Thanks all

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

I know exactly what your problem is, and it is very common.

Do not point your toes up when juggling. The goal is to keep the foot as flat as possible, to give it a wider area to hit. By pointing your toes upward, even just a little, you are narrowing the area you have to juggle and creating a slope that spins the ball.

Be sure also to hit the ball about its middle to minimize spin.

klc123
Veteran Member

Rome leader ive never juggled like that, i always have had my foot locked when dribbling and just gotten used to it, but i still can only do about 30.

Its probably easier to do if your foots flatter right? but how flat should the foot be? should it be almost parallel to the floor or what?

Thanks for the advice anyway.

LiveTheDream
Veteran Member

klc123 wrote:Rome leader ive never juggled like that, i always have had my foot locked when dribbling and just gotten used to it, but i still can only do about 30.

Its probably easier to do if your foots flatter right? but how flat should the foot be? should it be almost parallel to the floor or what?

Thanks for the advice anyway.
I generally juggle with my foot parallel to the floor, it works for me... Basically, a flat foot means there will be a greater surface area for the ball to hit, and thus gives you more control over it, as it reduces spin. When people ask me how I go about juggling, I normally recommend that they keep their foot pretty relaxed until the ball hits it- at which point you would obviously tense it on impact. But that might just be me, I'm not too sure... :)
Don't wish things were easier...

... Wish you were better

Focus on the journey, and the result will take care of itself

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Exactly, LTD. We're all guilty of wanting to point up the toes because we are scared the ball will fly off, but in truth, juggling properly means foot virtually parallel to the floor. It's also easier when your foot is flat to find the middle, and hit it up with the instep and not the toes.

You're right to lock your foot when dribbling and shooting and such. You're welcome to lock your foot while keeping it flat if that helps you, but it's probably a better idea to relax the foot when juggling for greater control.

klc123
Veteran Member

I'll try that then relaxed foot for juggling and remember to keep my foot parallel to the floor at all times.

Thanks alot guys, maybe i can break the 100 barrier now lol.

dudeman

locking your foot when juggling is used more when training to knuckle actually. you juggle right about where your thighs are and you lock your ankle and juggle like that in order to get used to the contact. but thats another story..

like rome said though, if you keep your foot flatter, it will be MUCH easier to juggle consistantly.

unless you're trying to freestyle, then you juggle more with the tips of your toes in order to hit it up with exactly zero spin