Astro turfs versus Boots

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
klc123
Veteran Member

Does anyone else seem to think their astro turfs give them a much worse touch than their boots?

Maybe its because i have quite good boots, mercurial vapour 4s and my astro turfs are like the original mercurial lol, but i just seem to feel like im slower and that my touch is not as good, i also cannot do tricks with the ball as well.

Am i just playing with my boots too much or is this just me lol?

foodsample

The difference between Firm Ground-boots, AstroTurf, Soft-ground, and Futsal .. is only the sole of them. The top should be the same for each type of the same model. However if you switch between models of cleats, you will obviously feel a slight difference, and in each production stage companies change their construction ever slightly. Going to an older cleat after wearing a newer version or going to a cheaper version will redoubtably give you a negative feeling, otherwise why bother with the more expensive/newer cleats?

panchester07
Veteran Member

klc123 wrote:Does anyone else seem to think their astro turfs give them a much worse touch than their boots?

Maybe its because i have quite good boots, mercurial vapour 4s and my astro turfs are like the original mercurial lol, but i just seem to feel like im slower and that my touch is not as good, i also cannot do tricks with the ball as well.

Am i just playing with my boots too much or is this just me lol?
Nope, not one bit I (L) astroturfs..... I play with them all the time except in practice.. 45$ astro turfs even work better for me than 100$ k leather boots..

Its just a matter of getting used to them and breaking them in properly.!
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

klc123
Veteran Member

The thing with these ones is their a bit clunky and they restrict my ankle movement, i have quite limber ankles so i often run and do skills with the sort of "twinkle toe" style of C ronaldo with toes pointing down all the time and always been on the ball of my feet, the astro turfs restrict this and the surface of them does not give me as nice a soft touch as my boots.

The mercerials however are light, don't restrict any of my movement and are very comfortable and give me a light touch because they are very tight.

I should add the astro turfs are a size too big for me whereas the mercurials are pretty much skin tight.

collin
Veteran Member

my touch and control is sooo much better in my astro turfs then my 150 dollar ctr's. its probably because i practice twice as much in my astro turfs but yeah i love the astro turfs after you break them in but i slide everywhere on the field thats the only bad thing

panchester07
Veteran Member

dejavu.. I felt the same way, back in my days. You gotta do what I told ya.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

collin
Veteran Member

what was that? just play more in my cleats? actually i am starting to but its just wierd because i am so much faster with the ball on astro turfs lol i feel like messi when running with those and when i get to cleats and grass i dont feel like messi :< maybe it is the difference in surfaces

D10

klc123 wrote:The thing with these ones is their a bit clunky and they restrict my ankle movement, i have quite limber ankles so i often run and do skills with the sort of "twinkle toe" style of C ronaldo with toes pointing down all the time and always been on the ball of my feet, the astro turfs restrict this and the surface of them does not give me as nice a soft touch as my boots.

The mercerials however are light, don't restrict any of my movement and are very comfortable and give me a light touch because they are very tight.

I should add the astro turfs are a size too big for me whereas the mercurials are pretty much skin tight.
Well that's a pretty big piece of information, of course your touch is going to be different if the shoes you change to are a size bigger, thats common sense. If you were to get two similar fitting pairs of shoes, one being the turf and the other being boots, you wouldn't notice a difference. Get some new astro's!