Training in Hot VS Cold Environments

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
thisisdard
Veteran Member

What are the differences between training in hot and cold environments?

What effects do they have on athletes' fitness, endurance, muscle activity, etc. ?

Does temperature affect heart beat rate? Can a different temperature setting affect an athlete's conditioning and endurance?

==================================
HELLO! imback Im so sorry if anyone finds this vague but I need to log off. I need it for a report and it will help me a lot if you guys can. :wink:

panchester07
Veteran Member

I feel like when I run in the cold wheather I get much less tired... That after a sprint up the field, I can sprint down the field to defend, and then up again, I have much mroe stamina... You also dont sweat at all, which is nice imo..You need to warm up your muscles more.

In hot weather, you sweat more, you get more exhausted, the heat makes you more tired, and you have less oxygen in the heat.. You dont need to warm up as much though..

try answers.yahoo.com, I always use it for homeworks like these, and then say I asked my friends, or something
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

evo

thisisdard wrote:What are the differences between training in hot and cold environments?

What effects do they have on athletes' fitness, endurance, muscle activity, etc. ?

Does temperature affect heart beat rate? Can a different temperature setting affect an athlete's conditioning and endurance?

==================================
HELLO! imback Im so sorry if anyone finds this vague but I need to log off. I need it for a report and it will help me a lot if you guys can. :wink:
Hello, I'm from Scotland you know all about the cold.

Yesterday I ran in -8 degrees and it was one of the most enjoyable runs I've ever done, you just can't beat that feeling of the cold air against your face.

Anyway about the actually science I don't know but when I did cross-country training in the freezing cold the coach used to always say that because the air is colder, the oxegen is more sparse so your lungs have to work harder to get the right about of it.

pickyourheadup
Veteran Member

Here is an informative article about running in hot weather:
http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_1 ... ning.shtml

Heres one for cold weather:
http://walkingrunning.suite101.com/arti ... nning_tips
My Architecture Blog(updated 02-12-13)