I need a routine.

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
adiman6

i need a routine or some drills i can do in these two slightly angled limited spaces
Shhh

Kasaki
Veteran Member

I play for chicago magic , and we are on break and so our coach is sending us a workout sheet, ill try to post it on here

scottS4
Veteran Member

one good drill you could do is put down a bucket or paintcan and dribble around it, experimenting with different turns and changes of direction.

also if that fence is sturdy you could do different wall drills,

these drills are easy but they can really help with the basic mehanics.

adiman6

Kasaki wrote:I play for chicago magic , and we are on break and so our coach is sending us a workout sheet, ill try to post it on here
do u really? youth squad or squad (senior)?. i know this is off topic but just quickly how good are you? like how many juggles can you do? are you heaps good?.on topic wise: thanks for the replies. yea i could probs use that fence i will try it out. i also have a mini goal opposite to that fence, any drills i can do with that do u htink that will actually make me get better? not jus t for fun. thanks
Shhh

Icy
Veteran Member

Adiman juggling isn't a good basis for how "good" someone is. Yes, juggling will improve your touch (assuming you're not doing just the sterotypical juggling), but it's not a good thing to judge a player by. Once you can get 100 anything past that is easy for anyone. I along with quite a few others here can easily get over 2000. Once you get to 100 you'll realize that juggling for a record isn't the best way to go about doing it.

I'll post back in a few hours with a basic idea for a routine. I just need to get to the gym before it closes. haha
"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness"

FCBarca364
Sophomore Member

Kasaki wrote:I play for chicago magic , and we are on break and so our coach is sending us a workout sheet, ill try to post it on here
Hey , Kasaki, by any chance do you guys play in a league at Lake Barrington? I have seen the U18 Magic around there.

On topic -
I like to dribble around my house basically cutting around objects . Juggling will help you but like Aidan said, after 100 your just going until you get bored. I have found freestyling particularly helpful for touch. Go one on one with a friend to help you get better at dribbling. Work on your passing on that fence or if not possible, work on one touch passing with someone in that grassy area. Basically improvising will help you a lot.H

acmilan94

Coerver drills help your confidence on your ball a lot. One of my favourite ones is where you cut the ball with the inside of one foot, then turn on that same foot, push out with the outside with other foot, repeat.
--
"There's someone out there practicing right now, and if you face him, he will win."

Icy
Veteran Member

Adiman first and foremost how good are you at juggling? Freestyling? This definitely adds a good base to build off of. Once you learn to juggling you can instinctively know how the ball will respond to different touches. Don't just go for the highest number though, kick it high in the air and on your touch when it comes down make the next juggle as close to your foot as you can. At the same time DO NOT neglect both feet. This is the perfect opportunity to start getting comfortable with them.

With an area that size much of what has already been said is your only option. Become comfortable going around different objects using simple moves like a step over, and make sure to explode past the object keeping the ball close.

Practicing coerver moves is definitely a good reccomendation. It's the perfect thing to practice in an area like that. It'll get you very comfortable with the ball.

One other thing would be to line up cones and jog\sprint through however many you can set up in the limited space.

Really with an area that small and a lack of a wall or anything most of the drills (in my opinion) are boring. This isn't to say you won't see great improvement though. Any chance you can walk\run\bike to a place that would provide more area and a wall?

adiman6

Icy wrote:Adiman first and foremost how good are you at juggling? Freestyling? This definitely adds a good base to build off of. Once you learn to juggling you can instinctively know how the ball will respond to different touches. Don't just go for the highest number though, kick it high in the air and on your touch when it comes down make the next juggle as close to your foot as you can. At the same time DO NOT neglect both feet. This is the perfect opportunity to start getting comfortable with them.

With an area that size much of what has already been said is your only option. Become comfortable going around different objects using simple moves like a step over, and make sure to explode past the object keeping the ball close.

Practicing coerver moves is definitely a good reccomendation. It's the perfect thing to practice in an area like that. It'll get you very comfortable with the ball.

One other thing would be to line up cones and jog\sprint through however many you can set up in the limited space.

Really with an area that small and a lack of a wall or anything most of the drills (in my opinion) are boring. This isn't to say you won't see great improvement though. Any chance you can walk\run\bike to a place that would provide more area and a wall?
At juggling icy, My record is 306 juggles, but i feel i can do more. i can do basic tricks such as ATW, footstall (who can't), neckstall, pancake. I have good control when i am jugglng as i can juggle consistently with the ball only rising inches above my feet. yea i know the drills are boring but hopefully they will help me improve.

hey also what are corever drills?

yea there is an oval i go to usually once a week, i jog there for fitness, and back, with a backpack on with all my gear. the oval has a wall, but is a hassel to get to because it is very hilly way there. and is a suberb over.

Here is what i have got so far.

Stretch

Weaker foot dribbling 10mins

Weaker foot touch 10mins

finishing 5mins

weaker foot finishing 10 mins

weaker foot finishing (on the volley) 10mins

juggling 5mins

exercise bike cool down for 5 mins

any other drills i can put into this with my area provided? like those corever ones? Thanks guyz.
Shhh

Kasaki
Veteran Member

adiman6 wrote:
do u really? youth squad or squad (senior)?. i know this is off topic but just quickly how good are you? like how many juggles can you do? are you heaps good?.on topic wise: thanks for the replies. yea i could probs use that fence i will try it out. i also have a mini goal opposite to that fence, any drills i can do with that do u htink that will actually make me get better? not jus t for fun. thanks
Youth Squad, am trying to work up to the academy, I just started playing last year, so its all about determination , as far as juggling like 10 lol ( i know horrible working on it) . Am good as far as playing trickery and pace , I have lots of pace and use this to exploit the veteran kids

Icy
Veteran Member

At juggling icy, My record is 306 juggles, but i feel i can do more. i can do basic tricks such as ATW, footstall (who can't), neckstall, pancake. I have good control when i am jugglng as i can juggle consistently with the ball only rising inches above my feet. yea i know the drills are boring but hopefully they will help me improve.
If you can get 306 there is no doubt you can go to "infinity". It's really a matter of just not getting bored out of your mind rather than "skill" past 100 (in my opinion). You say you have good control at keeping it a few inches from your foot. Have you tried to kick it as high as you can (under control) while juggling and the next touch try to have it only rise as high as you would if you kept it low?
hey also what are corever drills?
I'm going to take the easy way and post a link, http://www.griffinsoccer.org/coeverdrills.pdf , but I'm working on a project to show videos for all sorts of things (including coerver drills). If this doesn't make sense I'll definitely get ahold of you when it's near finished.
yea there is an oval i go to usually once a week, i jog there for fitness, and back, with a backpack on with all my gear. the oval has a wall, but is a hassel to get to because it is very hilly way there. and is a suberb over.
Oh man, trust me I feel for you on having to travel a distance to practice. I have a 30 minute walk if I want to go to the nearest field and about 15 for a wall (and even that's not a great place). It's a pain in the ass no doubt, but some times you have no choice.

As for the routine is that something you do every day? In my opinion you are focusing on way too many different areas in one day. A lot of learning new skills is in your head. For example, when you mess up practicing a single attribute (such as recieving) than you over the course of an hour or two can begin to really feel what is "perfect". I realize this sound stupid, but try it out, for the next few weeks when practicing your shooting technique try this: When you mess up as you jog or walk to the ball in your head think about what you did wrong and then picture yourself correcting it. Really, this helped my technique heaps.

In the area that you've shown corever drills and practicing skills around small objects are really your only choice. You mentioned that you had a mini goal, right? Try doing a trick past an object and then on the next touch of the ball practice accuracy on the net. This doesn't need to be a power shot but more focusing on getting perfect technique and hitting your target.

Edit: I realize that I didn't answer your question directly. In all honestly the limits of what drills you can\should do are in your head. Very few drills I do are an exact drill I read about online (even if they might be something posted online). I figure out what I need to work on and figure out a drill that will work for me. An example would be like that mini goal drill I mentioned above only I set a cone about 18m away and hit that.

adiman6

OK heres what I've got sos far.

Dribble through cones with weaker foot, vut on the last cone on to my weaker foot, finish with weaker foot into mini goal. - 20 reps

instep drives into mini goal with weaker foot - 20 reps

inside of foot passes into mini goal with weaker foot - 20 reps

at the end of the day i will Exercise bike for 15 minutes

a rep only counts if it is done fautlessly.

I do this once in the morning and then again in the afternoon.

What do you think?
Shhh

footy_oaf

just a simple one, but i think it helps loads... i dribble around fallen leaves, this way you dont know exactly where the next leaf will be positioned, unlike cones. i try to get thew ball to not tioutch any leaves. i think ive heard of messi doing something similaar.

Icy
Veteran Member

Adiman sorry for another question but what level of play are you trying to achieve? And when you're at that point do you want to be the best at that levell? This plays a big factor in whats a "good" routine.

First you need to add in the use of your dominate foot! There is no reason that you can't get your dominate foot to a better level while your weak foot gets to the level your dominate foot is currently at (and eventually better). Everyone says that you need to get both feet to be equal but frankly I feel that bulls**t and not possible. Why hold back one foot just so you can say you can kick equal with both?

Personally, I'd do a certain amount of reps instead of going for a certain amount of flawless ones. This would obviously increase the amount of reps you do. I find that just realizing what went wrong and correcting it the next one is better. If I only count flawless ones it just leaves me frustrated and wanting to stop because it feels like I'm forcing perfection rather than trying to achieve perfection. This part depends on your personality so if that doesn't happen to you then ignore this!

You'll certainly inprove with this. I still feel you're focusing on too many different skills at one time though. You'll also need to change it up every couple weeks or so. Much of how "good" of a routine this is depends on what you want to achieve with soccer. Please let me know!

adiman6

i want to reach pro icy, so much. i will add in my dominate foot and do the same drills with it then. you say im working on too many skills, i disagree im only working on 3. is that too much. if you feel it is or you see something else wrong could you please correctr my routine. thanks.
Shhh