No votes
Neither
20%

Total votes: 5

mufc21
Veteran Member

Recovery and Over training

Post by mufc21 » 10 Nov 2009, 18:13

I am 17 and since im trying to bring my game to the next level i train a load. Some days 8 hours but most about 5-7. I take one rest day a week and train with my team 4 times. I find that im unfit when i play, do you think its because im overtraining and not getting enough rest or because i just focus on skill and not fitness enough.

I would really like your thoughts as it is my biggest weakness. I want to keep training as much as possible so i can keep getting better but i feel tired. Do I need more protein and calories or what?? Im 6' 163 pounds so a healthy weight but by no means big. Could I get fitter and be able to train more with the addition of more muscle or will it just tire me out quicker with the extra bulk added on. Thanks for the helps guys and I look forward to the answers.

MaschMonster20
New User

Post by MaschMonster20 » 10 Nov 2009, 19:06

you're probably overtraining then.That's what i found out for myself because my tournament is 2 weeks away and i've been going to the gym and training everyday and i played futsal last sunday and guess what?i was totally shagged.My plan to go to the gym was cancelled on monday due to the fatigue i'm getting.And i got better results on tuesday as in i feel fresher and more willing to workout......so.....all i can say is....rest for one whole day if you really wanna train hard...and eat righteously!haha..keep your diet well balanced and you'll shoot up in no time. And,also,try to avoid the computer if you can!!!haha..that's what i'm trying to do to gain my fitness back...go for a 20 min jog every night...if you're not tired of course...and do some skippings..it'll help you a lot in agility. Hope this helps.

cheers. :wink:

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

Post by MUFC1994 » 10 Nov 2009, 20:52

well you need to start emphasising more fitness work now, your 17 you should have the fundamentals mastered.....im not saying dont do technical training, but you should be doing some type of speed, agility, strength, or endurance work a day.

But 8 hours a day seems a little ridiculous, i'd say 5 hours max for 5 days a week, with maybe 1-3 hours of light technical and physical work on saturdays and sundays.

Also, if your working out 8 hours a day, you should be eating well over 3000 calories....don't worry about consuming more protein, you probably get enough in your diet already....

do you have an estimate of how many calories you eat a day....?
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

mufc21
Veteran Member

Post by mufc21 » 10 Nov 2009, 20:53

What does avoiding the computer have to do with it?? Although I only use it for about 30 minutes a day!! Well Ill take it and see what happens, anybody else have an opinion. Thanks and didnt cruyff play 6 hours a day, how did he avoid burnout???

Thanks again

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

Post by MUFC1994 » 10 Nov 2009, 20:56

mufc21 wrote:What does avoiding the computer have to do with it?? Although I only use it for about 30 minutes a day!! Well Ill take it and see what happens, anybody else have an opinion. Thanks and didnt cruyff play 6 hours a day, how did he avoid burnout???

Thanks again
I wouldnt worry about burnout, that usually happens to people who feel obligated to train, or their parents push them to hard....

Its hard to lose passion for something you love...
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

mufc21
Veteran Member

Post by mufc21 » 10 Nov 2009, 20:56

Well 8 hours includes stretching and light technical stuff. Also I would eat probably 4000 or so calories a day. How much do you usually train? Also i feel good after 8 hours, its just that when i train with my team im super tired, its jamaica so its super hot but i just cant run as much as i want to.

Any ideas?

mufc21
Veteran Member

Post by mufc21 » 10 Nov 2009, 20:57

MUFC1994 wrote:
mufc21 wrote:What does avoiding the computer have to do with it?? Although I only use it for about 30 minutes a day!! Well Ill take it and see what happens, anybody else have an opinion. Thanks and didnt cruyff play 6 hours a day, how did he avoid burnout???

Thanks again
I wouldnt worry about burnout, that usually happens to people who feel obligated to train, or their parents push them to hard....

Its hard to lose passion for something you love...
Burnout, as in he feels incredibly tired when training, not loss of love for the game...

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

Post by MUFC1994 » 10 Nov 2009, 20:59

mufc21 wrote:Well 8 hours includes stretching and light technical stuff. Also I would eat probably 4000 or so calories a day. How much do you usually train? Also i feel good after 8 hours, its just that when i train with my team im super tired, its jamaica so its super hot but i just cant run as much as i want to.

Any ideas?
I live in Miami....and the weather sucks.....90 degrees, but feels like 110 in the summer.....
To get used to the weather will just take some time.....try running in the middle of the day instead of in the morning or at night.....it will be tough, but you'll be able to play and train better whens is the hottest.

I'm injured as of now.....but during the school year I usually train about 2 hours a day with about 6-8 hours on the weekends....

If you need any help with diet, fitness, speed, or strength just pm me...

mufc21
Veteran Member

Post by mufc21 » 10 Nov 2009, 21:06

Alright sounds good. Im gonna keep training as much, just sleep a bit more i guess, eat some more and work on fitness. Ive never been super fit but most of the times its just because my legs are tired not because my lungs are. Is there anyway to get better muscular endurance, weights??? so that i can train as much but without feeling so tired. Thanks again

mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint » 10 Nov 2009, 21:26

I do not think you need to train more then 5 hours a day, 6 houes tops, when im not injured i normall train like 3 or 4 hours a day, sometimes more but nothing too intensive.

But its your body at the end of the day only you know how much you can take.
i was made to ignite

scottS4
Veteran Member

Post by scottS4 » 10 Nov 2009, 22:47

i wouldnt reccomend playing that much. you could have problems later on in life, like chronic pains or arthritis or something.
even walking 8 hours a day would be alot.

mufc21
Veteran Member

Post by mufc21 » 10 Nov 2009, 22:49

true ill cut it down a bit i guess and see what my body can take really. I guess thats what its all about.

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 10 Nov 2009, 22:54

I've also been feeling very tired as of late from all the working out I've been doing. I don't really play competitively anymore so now I mostly just lift and whatnot. My biggest problem was definitely insufficient diet because I wasn't eating nearly enough. I've been looking to build muscle so a rule of thumb for that would've been to consume more calories than i burn off, which is the same rule you should use, just maybe not substantially more since muscle growth isn't your goal. But since it seems you do eat enough, I definitely think you're just overworking yourself.

mufc21
Veteran Member

Post by mufc21 » 10 Feb 2010, 20:47

Alright Im keeping this going because I need some more help. My training ability has gone down quite a bit now because now I cant train as much as i used to. As I said before I would do about 8 hours a day most days for a total of about 40 hours a week. Now Im doing about 30 hours a week just because Im tiring out so much quicker and I wake up so much tireder. I tried resting 2-3 days pretty fully but even after that I still feel exhausted. I havn't had an offseason for over a year but I cant right now as im in season but come may/june when the season is done Im going to rest solidly for a month and then ease back into it. Also Im currently eating 5000 calories a day and resting 10 hours a night.

What tips do you have on how to bring my training capacity back up. The goal is to do sooooo much skill work now and then at the start of next season have the season of my life when I sign and move up the football ladder so thats why from November 2008 Ive been doing loads of training. My level has soared through the roof and now my Harbour view coach says that within a year hes going to make me into a world class player so I want to pile on the skill work this season while I have no games and then next season relax and play to potential while getting lots of rest.

Any tips guys, Im going for about 4.5 more months so not too much more.

mufc21
Veteran Member

Post by mufc21 » 11 Feb 2010, 13:57

come on, anyone.....