come share your special dribbling styles

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
amu86

i'll start
my style is the messi gamebetta style and the simple style of kaka.

so i guess im a messi+kaka
Last edited by amu86 on 06 Oct 2009, 10:27, edited 1 time in total.

pickyourheadup
Veteran Member

Eh..didn't you already post this? Maybe I'm thinking of a different post..anyone else have deja vu with this thread?

My style is Messi/Zidane.
My Architecture Blog(updated 02-12-13)

LiveTheDream
Veteran Member

Same here with the deja vu feeling... I'd say mine is a combination of Kaka and Zidane
Don't wish things were easier...

... Wish you were better

Focus on the journey, and the result will take care of itself

footy_oaf

lol its because there are lots of threads like this.

im a robben kinda

Anymi
Veteran Member

Yeah there is one that features Hleb and Robben.

I suppose im probably all except Ronaldo.

ps whats the difference between dinh's and ronnies dribbling?

amu86

i just was trying to name as many different players as i could.

hieilukezz
New User

I think i'm probably like Arshavin/Messi + Zidane + Navas..

shahensha
Veteran Member

I think I am Cronaldo + Messi + Iniesta

I dribble like cronaldo, gently slicing the ball forward as I gallop on my toes ready to make a move. However, absolutely no stepovers so thats the only similarity.

I keep it simple, just making cuts the opposite way the defender moves. I use the always efficient dribbling techniques of Messi and Iniesta. The former kills defenders with the outside cut, while the latter has mastered the inside cut.

panchester07
Veteran Member

shahensha wrote:I think I am Cronaldo + Messi + Iniesta

I dribble like cronaldo, gently slicing the ball forward as I gallop on my toes ready to make a move. However, absolutely no stepovers so thats the only similarity.

I keep it simple, just making cuts the opposite way the defender moves. I use the always efficient dribbling techniques of Messi and Iniesta. The former kills defenders with the outside cut, while the latter has mastered the inside cut.
I effing hate that style, i knew a russian dude that had the style he got me everytime, feet where awfully quick, he stood up tall, and had the best acceleration..

Im a Ronaldo 9 style, i use 2 or 3 stepovers 40 % of the time, sudden not quick cuts (that i usually exagerate), i step on the ball alot, and most of the time cut to my left do to some ligaments that i efed up a while ago but still play with care, have more than 6 tricks that just became second handed nature like some say.. i consider myself a complete dribbler :) in spite of this, i dribble only when i have to and definetly in my opponents half of the field

footy_oaf

Anymi wrote: ps whats the difference between dinh's and ronnies dribbling?
ronni - CRonaldo?? then the diference that ronaldo is pacyer and relies more on it. dinho uses the sole alot and depends on like the maximum amount of control you can have

im like a messi and robben with a touch of dinho. i do gambetta usually (robben messi) and use exagerated cuts or ball rolls as my exit moves. i use my sole more than them, that and the odd trick (stepovers, 360, cruyff turn) i do ties me a little too dinho

klc123
Veteran Member

Messi, Ronaldo, George Best, Maradona.

Im known to dribble past many people in long runs without losing the ball, many times score or create goalscoring opportunities for my team after doing longs dribbles and often take the ball from defence and dribble the whole way into attack without losing the ball.

Only time i don't dribble past players is in the defensive third. Appart from that i dribble nearly every time i get the ball because i find my passing options are always much better if i dribble first.

I love dribbling past players, sometimes ill even cut back on defenders ive already beaten for fun and just humiliate them. I remember a defender i beat about 11 times in a row just staying in the same part of the pitch beating him once, him getting straight up and at me again and cutting back on him. Nut megged him about 5 times and the others were stepovers and fake kicks that left him floored...that was sweet :L

panchester07
Veteran Member

footy_oaf wrote:
Anymi wrote: ps whats the difference between dinh's and ronnies dribbling?
ronni - CRonaldo?? then the diference that ronaldo is pacyer and relies more on it. dinho uses the sole alot and depends on like the maximum amount of control you can have

im like a messi and robben with a touch of dinho. i do gambetta usually (robben messi) and use exagerated cuts or ball rolls as my exit moves. i use my sole more than them, that and the odd trick (stepovers, 360, cruyff turn) i do ties me a little too dinho
Ronnie is not C-ronaldo, atleast not un porpuse, you might have misscalled him that but ""Ronnie"" is the best, the brazilian one

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

klc123 wrote:Messi, Ronaldo, George Best, Maradona.

Im known to dribble past many people in long runs without losing the ball, many times score or create goalscoring opportunities for my team after doing longs dribbles and often take the ball from defence and dribble the whole way into attack without losing the ball.

Only time i don't dribble past players is in the defensive third. Appart from that i dribble nearly every time i get the ball because i find my passing options are always much better if i dribble first.

I love dribbling past players, sometimes ill even cut back on defenders ive already beaten for fun and just humiliate them. I remember a defender i beat about 11 times in a row just staying in the same part of the pitch beating him once, him getting straight up and at me again and cutting back on him. Nut megged him about 5 times and the others were stepovers and fake kicks that left him floored...that was sweet :L
KLC...what level of footy do you play at?
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

footy_oaf

yes i know, you must be absolutely amazing at dribbling if you always go on runs that actually always work

mustahfa14

he obviously doesn't play high level soccer if you relies on dribbling for passing options, beat a kid 11 times, and megged him 5 times. Plus continuously beating kids on long dribbling runs..

at any decent level of soccer you aren't going to be able to do that.

as for me...I am a bit of henry and nasri style of dribbling. I usually and controlled and concise. Play simple when I need to, and be a little creative when the moment beckons.