NEED A GOOD EXPLAINATION OF THIS FOOTBALL MOVES

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
hieilukezz
New User

i want a good explaination/ video tutorial of this football moves done by messi, arshavin and other gambetta style dribbler..

this text was shown on a topic on this forums...

Gambetta
You have to fool the defender into believing exactly the opposite of what you are actually going to do. the Gambetta is just a fake and a quick cut to fool the defenders mind into thinking that you are gonna go one way... but you go the opposite
Two attributes the most famous examples (Maradona and Messi) of this technique have are, close control and reaction speed
Watch very closely as messi waits and waits, then as the defenders about to commit he steps to one side of the ball (the fake) and drags it the opposite side of the defenders body
There are many other ways of combining this trick and all dribbling moves should be based on it
Its simple and ingenius, and all comes from close control and reaction speed.

panchester07
Veteran Member

what is there to explain????
how could anyone make it clearer than that?

the best thing you can do is in youtube and type:
van persie
robben
messi
hulk
adriano
maradona
riera

all those damn lefties that no one can catch they use this style... the truth is, thats not even gambetta, gambetta is a spanish word that means fakes, hip movements more like a dinho or cr7 style etc.. somewhere along the lines some people started dcalling this messi style gambetta, they are two different styles, find the one that fits you, because you can be the best at doing stepovers, but if you try the messi style you might suck....

klc123
Veteran Member

Just read my ultimatum dribbling guide honestly...fed up with so many identical posts asking the same thing. Im not blowing my own trummpet but my guide contains the most indetail guide to the gambetta with commentary on a video, just look at that...

footy_oaf

lol panchester thankyou ssoooo much for those players, i was running out of clips to watch on youtube. :P

robben is really good, have a look at him :D