What is your training schedule for freestyle training?

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
hieilukezz
New User

Hello everyone,

I would to ask you for your soccer freestyle training schedule WHEN YOUR ARE A BEGINNER. Put also how long did you practice a day.

I asked for this because suddenly I felt not confidence of being soccer freestyler, so I ask you for your training schedule when you are a soccer beginner (just started juggling) to you now.

Hope you all can help me for being soccer freestyler.
I always wanted to be a freestyler and a good dribbler.

Thank you very much. Help is REALLY APPRECIATED.

mrbeankid22

Well this depends on how good you are at your basic skills at the moment. I really wouldn't bother starting to freestyle until you can comfortably juggle a hundred times at will. That doesn't mean you get to a hundred once and then you don't ever again. I'm talking, 4/5 times you can consistently juggle a hundred times. It's possible to start learning tricks even if you can't juggle more than thirty or forty times, but when you start upping your combos and doing more difficult tricks, your 'foundation of basic juggling skill' will catch up to you.

But if you are already comfortable with juggling, I'd spend as much time as you like practicing everyday. Get some good music going, either through some speakers or headphones (I prefer Samba/Pop/Techno/Hip-Hop) and then just freestyle. I don't really create a training schedule for freestyle, because its more of something that I want to enjoy, and not have a feeling for that I HAVE to do it. Some people take freestyle very seriously (check the Freestyle section of this site... they may spend two...three... even more hours a day practicing).

evo

If you are training to become a good freestyler to be able to do juggling tricks like around the world then there's not really a routine for you to follow, it should be a hobby, most freestylers just do it when they have time for as long as you want because it can be fun to learn tricks.

Whereas if you are training to learn tricks which you think will improve your touch and leg speed for proper football then you should put together a routine involving fast feet ladder drills aswell as juggling with different parts of the body and doing tricks.

For someone who is completely new to football (an absoulute beginner as you ask) and was wanting to learn some tricks this is a step-by-step list on what to do I'd give them this.

1. Get comfortable with the motion of kicking the ball upwards. Take a ball, bounce it on the ground, kick it up to hip height, let it bounce then repeat with the other foot. When you can do that consistantly, move on.
2. Practice juggling, untill you can do 50-100 every time.
3. Practice one foot juggling, that's hitting the ball with the same foot again and again. Doing 20 is good.
4. Now start looking a videos on youtube, type in "around the world tutorial" and "crossover tutorial" it will take more than 2 weeks of practicing to get them both nailed, once you can do them you can go onto other tricks, check the trickionary in the freestyle section for more help.

hieilukezz
New User

Thank you very much.

Does the only methods to get better in juggling is using the drop-bounce-kick only? Any other methods of yours?

evo

hieilukezz wrote:Thank you very much.

Does the only methods to get better in juggling is using the drop-bounce-kick only? Any other methods of yours?
The kick-bounce-kick-bounce is only effective for absoulute beginners. Once you can get 10 proper kick-ups in a row then you should just practice doing that.