Do you need freestyle tricks to become a Pro?

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
williampro

This is the main question I think people argue about today, because many kids I know who wants to become professional argue with these guys who can do these amazing tricks but cannot use in the games..... But do you need to learn tricks and such or just fitness, power, speed, aggression, balance, etc which are main keys to become very natural skillful athlete. For me, I think you need skills like how to shoot the ball and stuff, but learning freestyle tricks are for fun when you have extra time on your hand, lol I mean your feet.....

What do you guys think?

matt_a
Veteran Member

its not necessary to freestyle to become pro - but it will definitely help - i went from crappy defender with no ball control to forward who kicked goals pretty well every game of indoor soccer through freestyle, i didnt practice anything else

freestyle helps with:
- ball control [obviously]
- leg speed
- general fitness
- foot-eye co-ordination / general co-ordination
- abs strength [do some sits or sole juggles]
- confidence
- ability to beat defenders
- balance
and more, all of which help in many key areas of soccer

[btw, the people who can do these amazing tricks can use them in a game, just a different set of tricks than what is used in a performance]

mint
EF Drug Baron

I dont think air freestyle tricks are neccesary but ground trciks can really help ur dribbling and ur feel for the balll.
i was made to ignite

footy_oaf

freestyle on the floor is, in my oppinion, brilliant. not only does it help your technique, balance, etc, buy it also makes it much fun, certainly when you beat someone with a stunning trick.

i started about 2 years ago, at 12, and about the only thing i did was just freestyle on the floor, bcause i liked it. after a week or so i was up to scratch with my ball control. after that i opened up my training routine to include other skills, and and by 13 i was muh better than most, at my school (the only people better than me are the stronger ones).

so, for me it helped ALOT, but im still crap at ATWs and stuff

matt_a
Veteran Member

yes mint and footy_oaf are right, ground moves are probably the most useful freestyle skills for soccer but ground moves are so much easier after being able to do freestyle airmoves [for me anyway]

but lets face it: if theres an outside chance that spending 15min a day on freestyle will help you turn pro - why not do it?

barcafan

which is better, juggling or ground freestyle?
success is no accident. it is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.
pele

footy_oaf

i think ground freestyle,

it is moree like the stuff you will do on the field

barcafan

thanks, is there a link that shows all the freestyle ground moves (or most of them).
success is no accident. it is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.
pele

matt_a
Veteran Member

barcafan wrote:which is better, juggling or ground freestyle?
if by juggling you mean airmoves, then airmoves. but you cant compare grounds to lowers, in the same way you cant compare uppers to sits, its all personal preference

and no there is no link that shows all the freestyle ground moves that i know of, youll have to look through groundmove videos [i just posted a few in http://www.expertfootball.com/forum/vie ... 350#198350]

footy_oaf

i think the last sections in NBPs tricktionary section, which is in the dribbling/bball control section. the last bit i think is freestyle and the such. however, i think you should look at it all and make your own groundmoves from tricks you learn there

bear in mind that most pros got to where they are not because they did freestyle moves and all that, but by playing with their brain look at fabregas, (i think fabregas or xavi alonso) cant do absolutely anything like that, but he is a great player.

i think, (this is my oppinion) that you should consentrate on the essentials: shooting passing, first toutch etc.