Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
barcafan

how to u mental train when learning a new trick. please help :D

DR17

visualization and then you try it :)

klc123
Veteran Member

Do the following:-

1.Click the address bar at the top of this page.

2.Type in "www.youtube.com"

3.Type into the search box the name of a player that does the skill you wish to learn.

4.Watch as many videos of that player as possible and learn everything about their skill.

5.Watch for key points such as feet placement, direction, upper and lower leg movement, ankle movement, movement and timing of both legs.

barcafan

thanks that helps so much/

klc123
Veteran Member

No worries lmao. Good luck.

Can I ask which move you are learning if you don't mind? i can offer some advice or tips.

matt_a
Veteran Member

klc is 100% right, i just want to add that it could be a good idea to download those videos and play them in slow motion [and copy the movements in slow motion too, and gradually get faster]

barcafan

the trick i am learning is the inside outside.

fr33k1ck
Veteran Member

How do you watch the videos in slow motion?
Chelsea>Your team

matt_a
Veteran Member

fr33k1ck wrote:How do you watch the videos in slow motion?
download them from youtube [google search "downloading youtube videos" or something similar] then play them on your computer in VLC Media PLayer [or whatever media player you normally use] in slow motion

williampro

It's all in your mind, close your eyes, visualize doing the trick with the ball in your mind. By just seeing the trick you already have master the trick in your mind, but to make your body function work, you basically have to become one with your mind.

Deep Breathing while visualization(meditation) for 5 or 10 mins or so will help. You have to really focus and forget all thoughts of your surrounding but only focus the trick your trying to do in your mind.

Exercises like picturing an apple inside your head for more than 5 mins will help develop your mind. You have to hold that image in your mind and nothing else.

The key isn't practice, but focusing and breathing. Deep Breathing will actually help you to focus because once you breathe deeply, your mind will actually stop thinking thoughts and etc. So learn to breathe properly.

You will be suprise how many martial artists and athletes did this to become better and more skillful athletes, Bruce Lee was one of them.

williampro

this was mention by Opert56, not me......

panchester07
Veteran Member

HEY EVERYBODY SHUT UP
you dont.. dont listen to these people on the forum, dont listen to their posts, their just mere humans like you.. if you wanna follow advise from someone, study the pros. and i SWEAR TO YOU 99 out of 100, will be like wtf you talking about...

Do you think ronaldinho actually went home and said hey now i wiwll do some mental training, NOOOOO its all in the field, sure it will help training mentally but guess what, theres an easier way of training, phisically,

you can do a trick 15 times in a row with a ball, and you can do that in your mind, the truth is it will work the same, but guess what, only 2 people i know can actually focus detail by detail on how to perform that trick mentaly.....

so for you... 95 % of the pros learned in the field, if you wanna be good, why would you follow a different path than the pros?.. follow their examples PLAY PLAY PLAY... play till your feet hurt damn it. then you will find yourself in that percentage of the players, where litteraly nothing is imposible...

NO PRO PLAYER I GUARRANTEE IT TO YOU , went home and said i will practice my mental training of a trick... you do it on the field, as many times as you have too, and then there comes a time where its virtually imposible for you not to do it...

TRUST ME PLEASE, i make money out of this sport!

panchester07
Veteran Member

williampro wrote:It's all in your mind, close your eyes, visualize doing the trick with the ball in your mind. By just seeing the trick you already have master the trick in your mind, but to make your body function work, you basically have to become one with your mind.

Deep Breathing while visualization(meditation) for 5 or 10 mins or so will help. You have to really focus and forget all thoughts of your surrounding but only focus the trick your trying to do in your mind.

Exercises like picturing an apple inside your head for more than 5 mins will help develop your mind. You have to hold that image in your mind and nothing else.

The key isn't practice, but focusing and breathing. Deep Breathing will actually help you to focus because once you breathe deeply, your mind will actually stop thinking thoughts and etc. So learn to breathe properly.

You will be suprise how many martial artists and athletes did this to become better and more skillful athletes, Bruce Lee was one of them.
sorry i would like to know where you got this info from i believe you 100% but i would like to get more info onthis subject!!!

and for the above post sorry i didnt quite read the question completely but i would like to leave it on because it is very true. you can sit in your sofa and visualize your self shooting i.e. or you can go shoot 100 shots.. even t hough if you concentrate to the fullest it will be the same, few people can do i t.. and guess which one of the two is more fun... and guess what football is all about.. yeap FUNNNN!!!!!

JOGA BONITO!!!!

opert56
New User

I do not think you realize how important mental conditioning, mental conditioning is more important than physical aspects of training. In professional level, it is beyond important.

Read and study what mental conditioning can do for athletes. Also read books of Bruce Lee, he tells you how important mental conditioning is but he wasn't the one who only knew this, it was also the Soviet Unions who knew how great mental training can be. They dominated all the sports in Olympics. See more infos if you do not believe.

footy_oaf

they are both equally important, however, the priority at the start is technical and phisical training, and later on mental training becomes more important.
mental training is about achieving your top performance, while phisical/technical training is about making your top performancebetter. hence, i think mental training is more about consistency, and that is useless if you are consistent, but not good technically
:?