SECRET TO MASTER ANY TECHNIQUES OR SKILLS

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
dream_on_go_pro

Post by dream_on_go_pro » 22 Jul 2009, 16:13

could it possibly help me by reading a book my michael johnson... you might not know him but he was the fastest man alove until usaen bolt came around. I think it might because the biggest problem i run into is my head... i dont have enough confidence when i am better than people and somtimes i overthink a situation so could this book be helpful

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 22 Jul 2009, 16:38

Well it would do no harm, because a pro athlete like that would have a huge amount of advice in it and would be of great benifit in the amout of tips there might be about relaxation and mabye focus

But confidence imo is something you must conquer yourself

dream_on_go_pro

Post by dream_on_go_pro » 22 Jul 2009, 16:47

yeah i think the confidence thing is more scared to screw up because ine mistake and all of the seniors will jump on my ass because im a freshman and also im afraid to mess up in front of my coach... so is it worth trying a trick or something if theres a chance you could mess it up?

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 22 Jul 2009, 16:49

Denifinetly, keep saying risk equals reward to yourself
If you make a balls of it, try again, aside from skill coaches love to see perseverence and determination

dream_on_go_pro

Post by dream_on_go_pro » 22 Jul 2009, 16:52

ok ill try and do it tonight i just have to remember to keep my head up even if i mess up

SoClutch
New User

Post by SoClutch » 23 Jul 2009, 00:02

John_Bob wrote:I was trying out visualization yesterday and I realized I couldn't even do some skills in my mind. If I can't do them in my head then how am I supposed to do it on the pitch. This leads me to believe that maybe mental aspects of the game are more important than most would think.

Also might I be crazy because I can not control my own mind? For example I was visualizing headers and every time I headed a ball on goal it hit the crossbar, I tried to hit it a little lower... but no the ball would only hit the crossbar. Does this type of thing only happen to me?
Lol thats funny. Not trying to be a jerk or anything but I don't understand how you couldn't change what was happening in your head. But I think Acmilan94 is right, don't keep visualizing bad things, it can't be good.

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

Post by MUFC1994 » 23 Jul 2009, 01:21

SoClutch wrote:
John_Bob wrote:I was trying out visualization yesterday and I realized I couldn't even do some skills in my mind. If I can't do them in my head then how am I supposed to do it on the pitch. This leads me to believe that maybe mental aspects of the game are more important than most would think.

Also might I be crazy because I can not control my own mind? For example I was visualizing headers and every time I headed a ball on goal it hit the crossbar, I tried to hit it a little lower... but no the ball would only hit the crossbar. Does this type of thing only happen to me?
Lol thats funny. Not trying to be a jerk or anything but I don't understand how you couldn't change what was happening in your head. But I think Acmilan94 is right, don't keep visualizing bad things, it can't be good.
You think its funny.....but visualization is much harder than performing any soccer skill......
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

pickyourheadup
Veteran Member

Post by pickyourheadup » 23 Jul 2009, 03:29

I havnt posted in a while, but when I saw the title of this thread, I couldnt resist :D

-----
As a highly paid super star soccer player, I know a thing or two about visualization. In fact, I've visualized the fact that I've mastered all skills and techniques, therefore its true.

Of course everything I've just said is false. :cry:

Although the title of the thread is misleading, opert does have a point. To a certain exent, visualization will help you perform better. Its one thing to get muscle memorization, but another to get your brain to automatically think a certain way or focus on a certain position.
---

That being said. Practicing on your own and then implementing those skills in a variety of situations is better than visualization. As a result, however, you will begin to visualize situations almost automatically..simply because you have encountered them before.
--Ex: A wall pass situation.
--Ex: How your foot and body are positioned when serving a swinging cross vs a straight driven cross.

The best advice would be to include as many senses as possible when visualizing.

take a look at this:
http://www.expertfootball.com/gossip/answer.php?qid=578

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 23 Jul 2009, 17:26

You won't win the raffel if you don't buy a ticket.

Yes your coach might moan if you mess it up, but if he does that makes him an idiot, because if you had pulled the skill off and given your team a better chance to score then you should have tried, where as if doing the skill would only be showing yourself off then you shouldn't because theirs no point even if it does succeed and hes right to moan.

opert56
New User

HERE ARE THE EXERCISES YOU SHOULD DO:

Post by opert56 » 23 Jul 2009, 22:24

Sorry I forgot to post them:

1. Relaxation for 20 minutes. - Breathing and Stretching.
2.Visualization for 10 or 20 minutes. -Found the quiet place to visualize yourself.

EXAMPLE: Visualize an apple in your head and hold that image for 5 or 10 mins or more.

3.Mental Rehearsal(opinional)
4.Focusing. - 10 or 20 minutes.

EXAMPLE: Draw a circle on piece of paper and focus on that circle for 10 mins or more.

5.Positive Affirmation

keller8
Veteran Member

Post by keller8 » 24 Jul 2009, 09:50

don't read this page.

just hear my almighty words.

the secret to mastering anything.........

PRACTISE YOU STUPID fu**!
Mattsta-"There would be no point in freestyle if we knew all the tricks from the start. The fact that we had to practise to get them pays off because in the end we have earnt it."

donaldo7

Post by donaldo7 » 24 Jul 2009, 10:20

LMAO
i rekon the best way is repetition and if you watch live games could help you pick up things then the next day you visulize what you saw then practice but its mainly keep on trying untill you get it i think :D

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 25 Jul 2009, 14:55

Watch professionals that you like and look at skills that you see your heros doing and you like the look off, then keep watching them doing it so you know the right techinque, then start of using the right technique slowly and then speed it up once you've learned it, thats all there is to it, same with learning anything, really isn't rocket science.

opert56
New User

Post by opert56 » 31 Jul 2009, 03:40

In professional level, mental training is the most important than physical training.
You already master the techniques in your mind, it's not just a matter of practice, but knowing the movements your trying to do. For people who practiced every single days, weeks, months, years got ripped off. YOU DO NOT NEED TO SPEND NEARLY THAT MUCH!
If you think about it, look at those people who plays sports but do not care about techniques and just do them. They actually learn faster because they do not care and they are not under pressure.
Mental Training will help you relax and focus your mind more. Do make you do tricks, skills, whatever the outcome is, with much more confidence and easier.
It's in your mind, my friends.

mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint » 31 Jul 2009, 12:33

keller8 wrote:don't read this page.

just hear my almighty words.

the secret to mastering anything.........

PRACTISE YOU STUPID fu**!

I wholeheartedly agree with that theory.
i was made to ignite