SECRET TO MASTER ANY TECHNIQUES OR SKILLS

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
opert56
New User

SECRET TO MASTER ANY TECHNIQUES OR SKILLS

Post by opert56 » 20 Jul 2009, 18:21

I have wasted many times to learn one of the techniques and skills to improve my soccer performance and I found the way. IT IS SIMPLE AND IT'S ALL IN YOUR HEAD! That's right, the most affective way to learn any techniques and skills in any sports is in your head, MENTAL TRAINING.

All learning takes place "inside" your mind. It is inside your mind that you first learn to walk and talk. It is inside your mind you master all skills and abilities. The physical movements you make are just manifestations of skills and techniques you've already mastered inside your mind. The mind simply sends out electrical impulses to your muscles telling them what to do.....
In 1970's and early 1980's the Soviet Union dominated many Olympic sports.
Many people thought this was because of steriods and banned drugs. It wasn't, it was because of the the unique training methods Soviet scientist had discovered.
In 1979-1980 they discovered that mental conditioning is 300% more
effective than physical training alone. This means that if you are already in good
physical shape and have a basic grounding in the sport, then you will get 3 times
more benefit from mental training than from physical training alone.
During the Olympics of the 1970’s and 1980’s the rest of the world could
only stand by and watch as they lost event after event to the Russian athletes. The
shocking fact is that the Russian athletes actually spent less time engaged in
physical training than the rest of the field. Yet they dominated every event.
Since then sports scientists have carried out many tests to prove this point
even further. Here are the results of some tests that were done in 1993 and the
results are even more astounding.
© Copyright Stonetree Limited 2008 – All rights reserved
Here is an overview of the results;
Athlete 1: 100% Physical training
Athlete 2: 75% physical training, 25% mental training
Athlete 3: 50% physical training, 50% mental training
Athlete 4: 25% physical training, 75% mental training
Athlete 5: 100% mental training
The results from repeated competitive encounters and follow up tests were
as follows;
1st – Athlete 3
2nd – Athlete 4
3rd – Athlete 2
4th – Athlete 5
5th – Athlete 1
As you can see, for athletes already skilled in their sport, mental training is
consistently more effective than physical training. This is especially true for
learning. By performing some special mental training techniques you can master
advanced skills and abilities in less than half the time it takes everyone else. If
you rely on physical training alone you are seriously crippling your development.
This is probably the single most important reason why some people are now
becoming much better at martial arts than others.
Just stop there for a moment. All this sounds simple – because it is. But
have you ever engaged in any form of mental training or conditioning to aid your
development. If not you are missing out on one of the simplest and most
ridiculously easy ways to jump up to the next level.
Hopefully by now you are beginning to get a sense of the awesome power of
mental conditioning and the power of the secrets of accelerated learning.
Think about this for a moment. You can become a much better martial artist
even if you spend less than half the time engaged in physical training than
everyone else. You can leap frog the rest of the field simply by applying these
simple mental conditioning techniques.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL.

evo

Post by evo » 20 Jul 2009, 18:52

So how do we mentally train for football then? Sit and watch games on TV?

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 20 Jul 2009, 19:09

Its called visulization

Something hugely benifical but totally overlooked, your subconcious fluke learns a technique when you visulize it clearly and accurately enough, then you just translate yourself to that period when practicing in the real world and usually your body understands and feels more comfortable in what its doing

Only thing is its very difficult to subconciously learn something as eloborate and complex as football skills, thats like visulising a piano peice in sheet music then being able to play it without practicing

You need to be able to clear your mind of all other thoughts and distractions and replace them with total self beleif, almost as if your telling your brain you are Zidane and it beleives it
Then the complexity of the task has your total focus and total determination and becomes much easier to memorize and execute

Clearing you mind so perfectly is a huge obstacle to overcome and requires massive dedication and discipline
Hence why alot of martial arts experts are so adapt at using it, they often have a much higher level of mental control than a footballer

KoNJa04
Veteran Member

Post by KoNJa04 » 21 Jul 2009, 01:11

So in movies and stuff when people say "If you believe you can do it, then you can do it" that stuff is really true? its not really like 100% hard work its mostly just will, Belief, and a bit of luck?

If you desire that life then pursuit it.. end of story.. no buts, no hypothetical situations, no what ifs.. you want something go get it ..
~~Panchester07

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 21 Jul 2009, 04:00

No wonder the shaolin monks in shaolin soccer developed soccer skills after one practice. They always practice focusing on things with mad dedication and zero distraction.

John_Bob
Veteran Member

Post by John_Bob » 21 Jul 2009, 06:23

shahensha wrote:No wonder the shaolin monks in shaolin soccer developed soccer skills after one practice. They always practice focusing on things with mad dedication and zero distraction.
I thought I was the only one that saw that movie!

evo

Post by evo » 21 Jul 2009, 07:47

^^^^ :D I've seen it aswell.

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 21 Jul 2009, 08:45

KoNJa04 wrote:So in movies and stuff when people say "If you believe you can do it, then you can do it" that stuff is really true? its not really like 100% hard work its mostly just will, Belief, and a bit of luck?
50% hard work and 50% mental strenght, in huge volumes and your oppoutunites will be limitless

But you have to understand and know what the fu** your doing, its best to seek proffesional advice on the mental thing aswell as the physical training side, it would say you YEARS in wasted development

dream_on_go_pro

Post by dream_on_go_pro » 21 Jul 2009, 13:58

Ok so how can we do mental training? are you talking about meditation yoga and visualizaton? or are you talking about watching games

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 21 Jul 2009, 16:45

dream_on_go_pro wrote:Ok so how can we do mental training? are you talking about meditation yoga and visualizaton? or are you talking about watching games
Well as I said seek a proffesional or someone who knows what there doing, but along the lines of meditation and visulization

And the point of watching games is for enertainment not training

mdm_223
Sophomore Member

Post by mdm_223 » 21 Jul 2009, 19:29

Actually I have found it extremely beneficial to my game to watch professional matches. My school coach even has us get together one night a week during the season to watch a couple matches and it has helped trumendiously.

The biggest thing that I learn from watching games is positioning and proper movement. I learned the right way to play my position by watching world class players that play the same way I do. So yes it is fun but there is also educational purposes to watching games.

mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint » 21 Jul 2009, 21:39

NewBornProdigy wrote:
dream_on_go_pro wrote:Ok so how can we do mental training? are you talking about meditation yoga and visualizaton? or are you talking about watching games
Well as I said seek a proffesional or someone who knows what there doing, but along the lines of meditation and visulization

Yeah game are supposed to be watched to be entertaining but i like pick up on skills or off the ball movement that play in a similar position to me.
i was made to ignite

John_Bob
Veteran Member

Post by John_Bob » 22 Jul 2009, 03:22

I was trying out visualization yesterday and I realized I couldn't even do some skills in my mind. If I can't do them in my head then how am I supposed to do it on the pitch. This leads me to believe that maybe mental aspects of the game are more important than most would think.

Also might I be crazy because I can not control my own mind? For example I was visualizing headers and every time I headed a ball on goal it hit the crossbar, I tried to hit it a little lower... but no the ball would only hit the crossbar. Does this type of thing only happen to me?

acmilan94

Post by acmilan94 » 22 Jul 2009, 03:52

John_Bob, i read somewhere that if you are visualizing those negative things, you should stop immediately, cuz you're only reinforcing bad habits. Take a break and try visualizing again.
--
"There's someone out there practicing right now, and if you face him, he will win."

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 22 Jul 2009, 12:27

mint wrote:
NewBornProdigy wrote:

Yeah game are supposed to be watched to be entertaining but i like pick up on skills or off the ball movement that play in a similar position to me.
Well If your don't watch football for fun you won't enjoy it and you will lose a little bit of its soul

Regardless if you watch football for fun you will pick up skills and movements sub consciously and you will see new ones you'll try to emulate