my soccer routine

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
NEVERGIVINGUP

my soccer routine

Post by NEVERGIVINGUP » 19 Jul 2009, 01:23

my holiday training- 5hrs a day

sunday- stretching,kicking, control x2, agility drills/balance

monday- stretching, kicking, control x2, (situps, pushups, leg ex), sprints at park/balance

tuesday- same
wednesday- same

thursday-stretching,kicking,control x2, (situps, pushups, leg ex), soccer training/agility drills/balance

friday- stretching,kicking, controlx2, agility drills, (situps, pushups, leg ex).

saturday- stretching, game.

spare time- study, freestyle, juggle, dribbling skills, special skills, 1v1.

im 16 and i play ameature. i am 5,6 left wing and i weigh 60kilos. short term goal i want to achieve is to make the premier league u18 team in 2-3 months.

i did not make it last year for the u16 and im hoping to make it this year for the u18 :roll: .

well im not feeling it yet the improvement. i work on kicking with is volleys, weakfoot, shooting, crossing, passing. around 20-30 mins on each

and i work on control- inside,thigh,chest,head and dribbling. 40mins each

and fitness at night- 40 mins endurance and sprinting, agility drills 10mins, situps 100, pushups 30++, leg exercises in park. and also balance drills.

yes its insane but when i got cut from 2 sh*t teams and a premier league team, it makes me insane :evil:

INTER1908
Veteran Member

Post by INTER1908 » 19 Jul 2009, 02:33

You practice 5 and half hours a day? Really?
Made by 2Brown.

casar22
Veteran Member

Post by casar22 » 19 Jul 2009, 02:34

Hey man don't worry just keep practicing and you will get better. I used to play on the second team of my club 2 years ago but now I play for the Houston Dynamo Academy man. Just keep believing in yourself and never give up!

Bienvenido Cristiano Ronaldo!

NEVERGIVINGUP

Post by NEVERGIVINGUP » 19 Jul 2009, 02:42

yes i do 5hrs+

but i dont play like a person who practices 5hrsS+ a day

NEVERGIVINGUP

Post by NEVERGIVINGUP » 19 Jul 2009, 07:03

so i was wondering any1 have any better ideas for my routine?

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

Post by MUFC1994 » 19 Jul 2009, 20:34

NEVERGIVINGUP wrote:so i was wondering any1 have any better ideas for my routine?
Well you didn't really elaborate on your goals for improvement or your sepcific drills....so its kinda hard... :?
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

NEVERGIVINGUP

Post by NEVERGIVINGUP » 20 Jul 2009, 01:53

i just want to know am i training to hard? because i can handle it.
and im not really feeling alot of improvement

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

Post by MUFC1994 » 20 Jul 2009, 02:05

well 5 hours of individual training is a bit much...you might start to lose concentrtration.....but if you feel like its to much than its to much. I don't know your physical capabilities....only you do....
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint » 20 Jul 2009, 12:13

I think if its possible you should split up training, say do 2 and a half hours in the morning and then 2 and a half hours in the evening so you are not doing too much at once.

i dont think you need to do more then 4 hours a day though but its up to you.
i was made to ignite

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 20 Jul 2009, 12:45

5 hours a day will lead to nothing but a burn out

Practice makes permanent
Focus on this, because its vital to constructing a decent practice routine
If you practice for 5 hours a day with bad technique... You will not get any better and will have to spend another summer of 5 hour practice days unlearning and re-learning the correct technique

You should need no more than 2 and a half hours a day of individual training, divided up into skill time and fittness time

Skill 60-90 mins
-Focus on one technique (eg. passing)
-Do a maximun two simple drills focusinmg on that
-Do a final drill combining multiple techniques a few times to get you tuned
-Concentrate on repetition quality

Fitness 30-45 mins
-Get fit before you begin serious fitness training
-Focus on anaerobic endurance and sprints once you get fit
-Don't over exert yourself, rest regularly (3 non fitness days)
-Do strenght almost everyday regardless, strenght really will indirectly increase your ability above all other training

Persevere at the simple things and train short and focused (2 hours isn't short btw) and your goals will be their for the taking, also seriously you need a wall to get anywherte with individual training

NEVERGIVINGUP

Post by NEVERGIVINGUP » 23 Jul 2009, 02:48

im just scared and worried. that probally why i train so much. i really want to make the state team this year. it wud mean the world to me :(

i guess i can try to take it easy? will i see more improvements if i train less?

is it a mentallity factor?

and i have alot of time and commitment to football i just want to take advantage of that

terminator

Post by terminator » 14 Oct 2009, 13:23

NEVERGIVINGUP wrote:im just scared and worried. that probally why i train so much. i really want to make the state team this year. it wud mean the world to me :(

i guess i can try to take it easy? will i see more improvements if i train less?

is it a mentallity factor?

and i have alot of time and commitment to football i just want to take advantage of that
Make sure ur enjoying yourself.And don't make it a big deal if u dont make the state team...just make sure u make A TEAM and get to play regularly.
In my club, there are many people who played thirds(the worst league) their first year and then the next yr they played for the State team.Your still young so just make sure you get to play regularly instead of winding urself about making the state team.