Weak Shot and Crossing

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
SoClutch
New User

Weak Shot and Crossing

Post by SoClutch » 10 Jul 2009, 19:53

My shots and crossing don't have much strength. I've only been playing soccer for less than a year. But I do have good accuracy. So im wondering should I hit the weight room or should I just keep playing and the strength will come with time. Because I know it's not how hard you kick the ball but how fast ones leg moves. What you guys think?

goose43
Sophomore Member

Post by goose43 » 10 Jul 2009, 21:31

I think hitting the weights might help a bit. but take a look at some of NewBornProdigy's guides also. He does a good job of making it clear on the mechanics and technique of everything.

opert56
New User

Post by opert56 » 10 Jul 2009, 21:36

it's all about combinations of strength and speed to make power to the ball......... so if u have those combinations than when kick the ball with fast feet the power would be there as well.......
so work on your speed and strength........ dont always go to gym...... gym will make you stronger but it will decrease your speed......

SoClutch
New User

Post by SoClutch » 10 Jul 2009, 22:59

what guide would that be goose43?

heiky0711

Post by heiky0711 » 11 Jul 2009, 00:25

The thread is here: viewtopic.php?t=6176

Btw, just to add a point, the technique is far more important than the strength itself as David Beckham once said about his long ball, focus on your technique and the power will come eventually. In case if you're curious, it's in his one of his DVD: http://tiny.cc/db521 :D

My Latest Football Vlog: https://youtu.be/AAmtqY6kjFM
Subscribe my YT channel: http://bit.do/theheiky11
My blog http://soccer-tricks.blogspot.com

goose43
Sophomore Member

Post by goose43 » 11 Jul 2009, 05:54

SoClutch wrote:what guide would that be goose43?
Try the Ball Striking Guide. It should do the trick.

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 11 Jul 2009, 11:27

Ball Striking Guide

But if you have been playing for less than a year, just focus on technique and let that develop as a main priority, you can do strenght work aswell, but keep technique as the main focus cause that is what will make you a better kicker and will leave you with the best foundation

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 12 Jul 2009, 15:51

Power comes from putting all your energys weight into the strike. Theres no point jogging at football, standing next to it losing all momentum and hten swinging your leg at it. Instead every muscel in your body should be using its potential energy and using a smaller contact point, the instep, transfers most energy into the ball and it will go like a rocket. Technique is far more important than actual leg strength. Untill the days of newbornprodigy i had a below average shot power with good accuracy, but my leg strength was the best in my team because im very fast and do weights. As soon as i perfected my technique using the ball striking guide i gained the best shot in my team by miles in terms of accuracy and power and thats with me playing with people 2 years older than me.

SoClutch
New User

Post by SoClutch » 12 Jul 2009, 16:34

Thanks for all the info guys. Thats a great guide you made NBP. I'm going to try to get my techinque perfected first and see if thats the problem. I'm also going to hit the gym a bit, not too much.. don't want to lose my speed. I'll tell you guys how it works out for me.

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

Post by MUFC1994 » 12 Jul 2009, 17:01

SoClutch wrote:Thanks for all the info guys. Thats a great guide you made NBP. I'm going to try to get my techinque perfected first and see if thats the problem. I'm also going to hit the gym a bit, not too much.. don't want to lose my speed. I'll tell you guys how it works out for me.
How would hitting the gym make you slow...?
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 12 Jul 2009, 18:38

SoClutch wrote:Thanks for all the info guys. Thats a great guide you made NBP. I'm going to try to get my techinque perfected first and see if thats the problem. I'm also going to hit the gym a bit, not too much.. don't want to lose my speed. I'll tell you guys how it works out for me.
Yeah MUFC has a point
Strenght training infact benifits your speed
Its a common misconception that it slows you down

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

Post by MUFC1994 » 12 Jul 2009, 19:41

NewBornProdigy wrote:
Yeah MUFC has a point
Strenght training infact benifits your speed
Its a common misconception that it slows you down
I think he meant he doesn't want to get bulky because that will make him slow.....

But don't worry about getting bulky SoClutch....as long as you don't take in way more calories when you are working out or eat to much protein, or take roids....you won't get bulky.....

Just follow your normal diet...with a light snack after working out....
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

TorresEsque
Sophomore Member

Post by TorresEsque » 13 Jul 2009, 01:04

Technique, technique, technique. I'm only 160 lbs but I can kick a ball anywhere from 60-80 mph(Estimate).

Its all about finding your technique where you can shift your weight quickest getting the most force to the ball...combined with hitting the ball dead center of course.
[img:3l2sxzcd]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v325/ ... 12/Gif.gif[/img:3l2sxzcd]

Put it where you want it.