Speed Program and routine

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
MUFC1994
Veteran Member

jump squats are good becasue they are semi-plyometric and really work on your explosiveness and quads....and split jumps same thing quads...

But if you are going to a gym i can suggest tons of exercises that you can do to get you stronger and quicker...
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

Claudiobb

Add some shoulder work (shoulder press, shoulder spins, shoulder raises) instead of bicep curls, because pushups if done properly can work all parts of the upper body e.g. wide base of hands works biceps, narrow base works triceps.....so instead of overhead triceps and bicep curls just do differt types of pushups and puulups.
The same argument could be made regarding the shoulders, as Pressups and Pullups work the shoulders as well as triceps and biceps. I looked at the two shoulder excersices: Shoulder press and Shoulder raises (couldn't find shoulder spins] and I like the Lateral Shoulder raises very much and will add them.

I looked at split jumps and jump squats and they look like great excersices so I've added them to in conjunction to the other lower body excersices.

What do you think of the number of sets for each excersice and if there are any parts of the body I'm neglecting :?: :

Monday:
Pushups [5 sets] – 100pushup plan
Core exercises [2 sets of 15 reps of 6 excersices from 'Core guide']

Pull-ups [3 sets of max]
Biceps curls [2 sets of 12 reps for each arm]
Overhead triceps [1 set of 12 reps for each arm]
Lateral Shoulder raises [1 set of 12 reps]

Wednesday:
Pushups [5 sets] - 100 pushup plan

Hamstring curls [3 sets of 12 reps]
Calf raises [2 sets of 12 reps for each leg]
Lunges with weights [3 sets of 12 reps]

Friday:

Squats with weights [3 sets of 12 reps]
Split Jumps [3 sets of 12 reps]
Jump squat [3 sets of 12]

Thanks again :D

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

Claudiobb wrote:
Add some shoulder work (shoulder press, shoulder spins, shoulder raises) instead of bicep curls, because pushups if done properly can work all parts of the upper body e.g. wide base of hands works biceps, narrow base works triceps.....so instead of overhead triceps and bicep curls just do differt types of pushups and puulups.
The same argument could be made regarding the shoulders, as Pressups and Pullups work the shoulders as well as triceps and biceps. I looked at the two shoulder excersices: Shoulder press and Shoulder raises (couldn't find shoulder spins] and I like the Lateral Shoulder raises very much and will add them.

I looked at split jumps and jump squats and they look like great excersices so I've added them to in conjunction to the other lower body excersices.

What do you think of the number of sets for each excersice and if there are any parts of the body I'm neglecting :?: :

Monday:

Pull-ups [3 sets of max]

Wednesday:

Friday:

Thanks again :D
Ya it looks pretty good.... maybe have like a light circuit training session in on saturday. Circuit raining really helps speed up metabolism. If you don't know what circuit training is just ask. Maybe add some Trap exercises...(Rows) Middle back (Bent over 2 dumbbell row) Lower back: (back extensions and supermans) forearms (wrist curls), Glutes (butt lifts, glute kick back)

Also, instead of bicep curls try hammer curls. With bicep curls, the wrist fatigues becasue it is not in a natural position so your last couple of reps won't be of good quality. Hammer curls has the wrist in a natural position and works the same muscles.....
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

Claudiobb

Monday:

Pull-ups [3 sets of max]

Wednesday:

Glute Kick back with ankle weights [2 sets of 12 reps]

Friday:

Superman [2 sets of 12]

I have added the superman and the glutekickback. I think I will leave it as this. Bicep hammers are not as effective as curls. Thanks a lot for everything I appreciate it. Could you have a look at the number of sets for me and see if they're fine.

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

Claudiobb wrote:Monday:

Pull-ups [3 sets of max]

Wednesday:

Glute Kick back with ankle weights [2 sets of 12 reps]

Friday:

Superman [2 sets of 12]

I have added the superman and the glutekickback. I think I will leave it as this. Bicep hammers are not as effective as curls. Thanks a lot for everything I appreciate it. Could you have a look at the number of sets for me and see if they're fine.

I don't know your athletic capabilities....and your tolerance to pain....the reps and sets look good but if you can do 15 reps iinstead of 12 on seometing do it. Push your body as hard as it will allow. When I decide how many reps and sets im goining to do its like a general statement...if I can do more great, but I at least want to accomplish what i set out to do....If the workout is to easy just increase the weights the sets and the reps.....

Claudiobb

Alright :D I'll get started on this then.