Speed Program and routine

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
Claudiobb

NewBornProdigy wrote:Well there were, thi is a simplified version of my routine which I ain't bother writing out

But you can/should add more exercises to it for a more dynamic workout
Please tell me the full version of the routine :? I'd appreciate it so much.

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Its too much writing so i'll explain it

I do 3 strenght trainings a week
I have a Off Season, Pre Season, In Season plan

The off season is foundation work which i'm currently doing and have already explained to you

Pre Season involves loads more plyomentrics and body resistance exercises along with some power exercises

In season is maintenence, basically two days an intense bodyweight regime (mabye a few plyo's or power exercises) and one day weights

Claudiobb

I understand as like you say you have already explained it to me. So in the Of season Plan there are 3 strength trainings a week rather than the two you posted in the simplified version right :idea:

In the Pre season plan for the High shock and Fast Transistion what are the respective plyometric excersices you use apart from the Depth jumps and jumps from the line :?:

NewBornProdigy
Admin

I understand as like you say you have already explained it to me. So in the Of season Plan there are 3 strength trainings a week rather than the two you posted in the simplified version right
Yup but I was trying to include time for speed aswell, in a simple routine to accomodate time contraints
In the Pre season plan for the High shock and Fast Transistion what are the respective plyometric excersices you use apart from the Depth jumps and jumps from the line
-Jumping straight up in the air
-Bounding

Claudiobb

NewBornProdigy wrote:
I understand as like you say you have already explained it to me. So in the Of season Plan there are 3 strength trainings a week rather than the two you posted in the simplified version right
Yup but I was trying to include time for speed aswell, in a simple routine to accomodate time contraints
In the Pre season plan for the High shock and Fast Transistion what are the respective plyometric excersices you use apart from the Depth jumps and jumps from the line
-Jumping straight up in the air
-Bounding
I understand but really I have little time constraints as its the summer so I think I'll do three strength workouts a week in addition to the sprint training :wink:

So are these all the plyometric excersices you used in the Pre-season training :?:

(High Shock) Plyometrics 8 sets of 4 reps in total
-Depth Jumps (4 sets of 4 reps)
-Jumping straight up in the air (4 sets of 4 reps)

(Fast Transistion) Plyometrics 10 sets of 5 reps in total
-Jumps from a line back and forth (5 sets of 5 reps)
-Bounding (5 sets of 5 reps)

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Yup... But without time contrainsts you should really be careful not to overtrain

Claudiobb

NewBornProdigy wrote:Yup... But without time contrainsts you should really be careful not to overtrain
Cool, thanks for the help.

Claudiobb

MUFC94 and anyone else who is open to making a suggestion, what do you think of this strength workout 3 times a week?

Pushups [5 sets] – 100pushup plan
Core exercises [2 sets of 15 reps of 6 excersices from 'Core guide']

Pull-ups [3 sets of max]
Biceps curls [3 sets of 12 reps for each arm]
Overhead triceps [3 sets of 12 reps for each arm]

Squats with weights [3 sets of 12 reps]
Lunges with weights [2 sets of 12 reps]

Hamstring curls [3 sets of 12 reps]
Calf raises [2 sets of 12 reps for each leg]
Last edited by Claudiobb on 20 Jun 2009, 02:07, edited 3 times in total.

mufc21
Veteran Member

your gonna overtrain with that man. You cant do all of that every day you do a workout. Do a fraction of that 4 times a week and you should be fine. Better to do them really well then half dead.
Also on the other days just work on skill. Thats wayyy more important. You dont want to be a Cisse do you.

Claudiobb

mufc21 wrote:your gonna overtrain with that man. You cant do all of that every day you do a workout. Do a fraction of that 4 times a week and you should be fine. Better to do them really well then half dead.
Also on the other days just work on skill. Thats wayyy more important. You dont want to be a Cisse do you.
I see your point. Do you think this is more balanced :?:

Monday:

Pull-ups [3 sets of max]
Biceps curls [2 sets of 12 reps for each arm]

Wednesday:
Pushups [5 sets] - 100 pushup plan

Friday:

Overhead triceps [2 sets of 12 reps for each arm]

Saturday:
Lunges with weights [3 sets of 12 reps]

Claudiobb

Actually I think it'd be better to keep it as a 3 day workout if the workout on the 4th day is gonna be that small.

So, what do you think? :

Monday:

Pull-ups [3 sets of max]

Wednesday:

Friday:

Last edited by Claudiobb on 20 Jun 2009, 19:33, edited 1 time in total.

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

Claudiobb wrote:
mufc21 wrote:your gonna overtrain with that man. You cant do all of that every day you do a workout. Do a fraction of that 4 times a week and you should be fine. Better to do them really well then half dead.

Monday:

Pull-ups [3 sets of max]

Wednesday:

Friday:

Saturday:
Place a little more emphasis on the lowerbody, a little less on the upper body. Core work should be done 5-7 days per week, and core does not only include abs it also includes the lower back....also try to add some plyos. Add some shoulder work (shoulder press, shoulder spins, shoulder raises) instead of bicep curls, because pushups if done properly can work all parts of the upper body e.g. wide base of hands works biceps, narrow base works triceps.....so instead of overhead triceps and bicep curls just do differt types of pushups and puulups.
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

Claudiobb

MUFC1994 wrote:
Claudiobb wrote:

Monday:

Pull-ups [3 sets of max]

Wednesday:

Friday:

Saturday:
Place a little more emphasis on the lowerbody, a little less on the upper body. Core work should be done 5-7 days per week, and core does not only include abs it also includes the lower back....also try to add some plyos. Add some shoulder work (shoulder press, shoulder spins, shoulder raises) instead of bicep curls, because pushups if done properly can work all parts of the upper body e.g. wide base of hands works biceps, narrow base works triceps.....so instead of overhead triceps and bicep curls just do differt types of pushups and puulups.
Your core needs to rest it cannot be done 5-7 days a week, its just like any other group of muscles. 3-4 times a week is sufficient. The 6 excersices I choose from this link will also work the lower back.

Reference: viewtopic.php?t=9546

The Plyometric excersices are not relevant at this stage as I am first working on Strength before I start Plyometric excersices. Why? Because you will get more benefits with strong legs and body than with weak legs and a weak body. Plyometric excersices will come later in the Pre-season training as shown on Page 1.

I think I will keep the Biceps curls and Tricep curls in the workout, however, thanks for the advice and I will definitely especially look into the Shoulder workouts [shoulder press, shoulder spins, shoulder raises] later on and see how they're done and how I could fit them in.

And for the Lower body I don't really know any other excersices :!:

Thanks a lot for replying :D

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

Claudiobb wrote:
MUFC1994 wrote:
Claudiobb wrote: I see your point. Do you think this is more balanced :?:

Monday:

Pull-ups [3 sets of max]

Wednesday:

Friday:

Saturday:
Your core needs to rest it cannot be done 5-7 days a week, its just like any other group of muscles. 3-4 times a week is sufficient. The 6 excersices I choose from this link will also work the lower back.

The Plyometric excersices are not relevant at this stage as I am first working on Strength before I start Plyometric excersices. Why? Because you will get more benefits with strong legs and body than with weak legs and a weak body. Plyometric excersices will come later in the Pre-season training as shown on Page 1.

I think I will keep the Biceps curls and Tricep curls in the workout, however, thanks for the advice and I will definitely especially look into the Shoulder workouts [shoulder press, shoulder spins, shoulder raises] later on and see how they're done and how I could fit them in.

Actually, your core can be used 5-7 days a week. I usually do 5-6 intense days and 1 light day, but it is the only muscle in the body that can be exercised everyday, but if you haven't done much core training leading up to this, start at 3 days and build up to 5-6....

Also, for lower body are you squating with weights or just bodyweight???

Try jump squats, split jumps, one legged squats, single leg calf raises, and barbell calf raises.

Also, are you going to a gym or just doing them at your house?
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

Claudiobb

MUFC1994 wrote:
Claudiobb wrote:
MUFC1994 wrote: Place a little more emphasis on the lowerbody, a little less on the upper body. Core work should be done 5-7 days per week, and core does not only include abs it also includes the lower back....also try to add some plyos. Add some shoulder work (shoulder press, shoulder spins, shoulder raises) instead of bicep curls, because pushups if done properly can work all parts of the upper body e.g. wide base of hands works biceps, narrow base works triceps.....so instead of overhead triceps and bicep curls just do differt types of pushups and puulups.

Actually, your core can be used 5-7 days a week. I usually do 5-6 intense days and 1 light day, but it is the only muscle in the body that can be exercised everyday, but if you haven't done much core training leading up to this, start at 3 days and build up to 5-6....

Also, for lower body are you squating with weights or just bodyweight???

Try jump squats, split jumps, one legged squats, single leg calf raises, and barbell calf raises.

Also, are you going to a gym or just doing them at your house?
I plan on squatting with a dumbbell with a challenging weight. I will be doing these excersices in my house. I already have squats and single leg calf raises.

I will look to include jump squats and split jumps could you tell me what muscle group they work :?: