Ball Striking Guide

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 07 Jul 2009, 01:03

I agree, having it in the shooting forum is definitely a good idea because alot of people come onto this website from the forums, i know i did, didn't even look at the training section for about a month. Thats not to say that it can't be copied and put somewhere else on the site or atleast have links to this thread everywhere on the site.

Id also like to add that since i read this guide i have the best shot in my team now. Thanks alot lol.

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 07 Jul 2009, 08:53

klc123 wrote:Id also like to add that since i read this guide i have the best shot in my team now. Thanks alot lol.
Dude thats great, I love when my guides help people this much

dudeman

Post by dudeman » 09 Jul 2009, 20:46

just a little bit to add, i'm not sure if its in there but i did it at camp and it really helped.
if you're trying to improve your shooting form, a good way to start is by sitting down on your butt, and dropping the ball to your feet, hit it back up with your ankle completely locked even after you hit the ball, and try to get no spin, or very little top spin, on the ball.
after you do this, try to do it more than once
then do it with a partner dropping the ball to your feet from a standing position
then stand 10 yards apart and literally kick the ball out of your hands, bend over and kick it out.
then progress to either regular shooting, or power and finesse.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 09 Jul 2009, 21:27

At lower levels of football you practise walking through the ball, higher levels you might teach yourself to run throught the ball. Professionals actually sprint through the ball in terms that they move through the ball as fast as they absolutely can to maximize power. Just though id like to add it.

www.insidesoccer.com Great website with lots of tips for shooting, i watched all the shooting videos on it and i think it was superb. Especially the part when he talks about player who collasp their body sideways over the ball lose power. Also shows you proper form and presentation of the instep for shooting.

SoClutch
New User

Post by SoClutch » 12 Jul 2009, 16:30

Wow!! this is the sickest illest crazyest aldsjzslfj af dfksjf guide ever. Thanks a bunch Nbp. Im going to try all this out.

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 12 Jul 2009, 18:36

SoClutch wrote:Wow!! this is the sickest illest crazyest aldsjzslfj af dfksjf guide ever. Thanks a bunch Nbp. Im going to try all this out.
Yeah my guides are full aldsjzslfj af dfksjf and crazy ill sh*t :D

dishy
New User

Post by dishy » 05 Aug 2009, 06:49

Brilliant guide 10/10, its helped me so much. Thank you NewBornProdigy

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 05 Aug 2009, 08:44

Your welcome mate, glad it helped

a_twig

Post by a_twig » 18 Mar 2010, 02:17

Quick question. When C. Ronaldo kicks, he doesn't do much with his arms. When Juninho and R. Carlos take a long-range shot, they not only have their arms out, but they swing their arms as they kick. I noticed that it feels more natural this way, but it could just be me. On the run up, the kicker (kicking with his right foot) has his left arm forwards, then as he swings, the right arm swings forwards pushing the left back. When contact is made with the ball, both shoulders are in line with the hips, and then after contact the right arm swings in front, with the left arm swinging behind. My question: is there any kicking advantage to swinging your arms like that, or is it just for balance?

Boomheadshot45
New User

Post by Boomheadshot45 » 07 Jun 2010, 21:14

Really great guide. This guide will solve a lot of my accuracy problems but a quick question, for short passes, is it supposed to hurt sometimes or am I kicking it too far down my foot (closer to my heel)?

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 08 Jun 2010, 00:18

a_twig wrote:Quick question. When C. Ronaldo kicks, he doesn't do much with his arms. When Juninho and R. Carlos take a long-range shot, they not only have their arms out, but they swing their arms as they kick. I noticed that it feels more natural this way, but it could just be me. On the run up, the kicker (kicking with his right foot) has his left arm forwards, then as he swings, the right arm swings forwards pushing the left back. When contact is made with the ball, both shoulders are in line with the hips, and then after contact the right arm swings in front, with the left arm swinging behind. My question: is there any kicking advantage to swinging your arms like that, or is it just for balance?
Do what feels natural, theres a reason it does
This guide will solve a lot of my accuracy problems but a quick question, for short passes, is it supposed to hurt sometimes or am I kicking it too far down my foot (closer to my heel)?
You should be contacting just below your instep, it shouldn't hurt

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 09 Jun 2010, 16:25

Id like to add, I recently discovered that you should be keeping your heel as close to the floor as possible at the moment of contact with the ball. Helps me loads.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 09 Jun 2010, 16:44

Can I add something aswell? I used to be a great shooter, but for 7-8 months I was injured I didin't shoot 1 ball and I obviously disimproved a lot, was contacting the ball in the wrong spots, and my shots lacked the power that had always been mine.

I obviously like to score goals and such, so I started reading guides and watching videos all over the internet to re-learn how to shoot.

"Lock you angle"
"Approach the ball from 120 degree angle"
" Keep your shoulders and hips pointing such way"

For 2 weeks, I was out in the fields "pointing my hips such way", "putting my supporting foot exactly parallel to the ball" and focusing on all these details guides and tutorials tell you to do. Seeing little progress I got pissed, and when I'm worried about something my mind keeps thinking about it and eventually solutions pop in my mind, like most people.

I remembered the way I learnt the first time, and how I got so good, was just by shooting, just by doing drills, just by trying to place the ball in such place, and forgetting about the rest. I only focused on hitting it with the instep, and putting it in the corners where I placed a cone, and getting to 30 perfect shots in the corner. Been improving inmensely since that day, the day I finally learnt to let go of all those technique pointers, and just tried to learn how human's learn best, by just doing it.

You'll realize that by just focusing on power, and accuracy, and remembering to hit it with the instep, (after the 15th shot its a bit tender so you don't miss it), all those pointers people gave you start correcting themselves alone, but you gotta learn it the right way.

I use to be a kid you didn't want to give space after the 3/4th of the field because odds said I would nail a shot, i'm finally getting back to that point(still gotta work hard) cause I learn't to forget all the little details and focused on what I cared more, placing the ball with power and acurracy exactly where I wanted to. The rest comes with it. Fact.

Naturally I learnt the first time, naturally i'll learn now that I forgot to over this long break. After you see succesful shots, you automatically hit the ball in the spot you did before, with the part of the foot you did before, and with the same power, it happens naturally, just practice!
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

sergio123
New User

ronaldo

Post by sergio123 » 09 Jun 2010, 18:42

So how does he make the ball dip and curve at the same time??

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 09 Jun 2010, 19:05

First you must learn the basics, I highly doubt anyone that's someone in football, learnt to make the ball dip and curve at the same before they learnt to just drive it and place it where they want.

Learn to drive the shot, then learn to give it curve, THEN learn to make it dip, and then finally learn to do a combination of both. This guide explains how to do each shot, just understand the basics and practice away.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'