makes no sense really.. isnt meant to help?!

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
Post Reply
Loopy4
Sophomore Member
Posts: 37
Joined: 14 Dec 2008, 15:35

Post

i use a small ball on a regular basis for kick ups etc because its meant to help with your controll.. but so im there at home kickin a small ball around, feelin pretty confident cause it is successful then i go to footall training using size 5 balls which im usualy in real good controll with and suddently its so big, i find it hard to do kickups for a while and using moves such as elastico is harder than it was before.

does this happen to anyone else?
or do you know why it happens ?!
so confused :oops:

Its A Girls Game.


mint
EF Drug Baron
Posts: 2430
Joined: 16 Apr 2008, 20:38

Post

i think its because your spending too much time using a small ball versus a bigger ball, youve got to try and balance it equally if you can find a good balance it will help you improve more.
Image
i was made to ignite

scottS4
Veteran Member
Posts: 851
Joined: 30 Jan 2009, 23:49

Post

keep doing what your doing, but try touching the sz 5 ball around for 5-10 minutes before the training. juggle, roll it around etc. try not to look at it and let your feet get accustomed to it.

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member
Posts: 2159
Joined: 13 Dec 2006, 20:15

Post

Well, with a small ball, it's meant for dribbling and touch (juggling) practice, because a smaller ball is harder to work with and you improve more once you plateau dribbling or juggling with a size 5 ball. But the mechanics of kicking with a size 1 and a size 5 ball are different. So I'd recommend against kicking it.

MUFC1994
Veteran Member
Posts: 1227
Joined: 30 Jun 2008, 17:30

Post

Also, since the smaller balls are much lighter once you go back to a size 5 it should feel huge and super heavy. Thus leading to a better touch. Since the ball feels heavier it will stay closer to your feet. I agree w/ Kaka...I would just use the size one for dribbling and juggling. also, I would not try any tricks with a size one because as you have found out it messes with the tricks. Even though the size 5 might feel weird for a little bit try to get 10-30 minutes of using a size 1 per day. Try to double the amout of time with a size 5. E.G. 30 minutes with small ball, 60 minutes with size 5 ball.
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

Hugh
Veteran Member
Posts: 2863
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 20:26
Location: Vancouver

Post

Practicing with a small ball is stupid. You'll end up developing a touch and muscle memory which corresponds to a completely different ball, which isn't going to help you.

Loopy4
Sophomore Member
Posts: 37
Joined: 14 Dec 2008, 15:35

Post

thankyou everyone.
MUFC ill try that! thanks ! 8) :D

Its A Girls Game.


Wanderer
Veteran Member
Posts: 1084
Joined: 22 Mar 2007, 01:42

Post

Hugh wrote:Practicing with a small ball is stupid. You'll end up developing a touch and muscle memory which corresponds to a completely different ball, which isn't going to help you.
lol ya gotta be kidding...

personally for me I never practise with a size 5 ball, its always either a size 1(for dribbling) or a tennis ball(for ball control)...the only time I use a size 5 is when Im on the field playing...and tbh its helped me loads..it teaches you how to carress the ball...especially when youre goin full speed

Tho maybe its also coz me dribbling style's lik Messi which completely doesnt rely on tricks lik rabona or scissors or stuff lik that...so I dun really noe how it'll affect you tricks wise...

Oh yeah and on a sidenote...Messi said in an interview that he used to dribble a small ball in between those small pieces of twigs and leaves etc on the field at Barcelona...And Ive done that and its way hard to do it accurate let alone fast...but it helps develop great close control and it teaches you to dribble in real small spaces...nobody wud be able to take the ball off you...least for me it works...

MUFC1994
Veteran Member
Posts: 1227
Joined: 30 Jun 2008, 17:30

Post

Wanderer wrote:
Hugh wrote:Practicing with a small ball is stupid. You'll end up developing a touch and muscle memory which corresponds to a completely different ball, which isn't going to help you.
lol ya gotta be kidding...

personally for me I never practise with a size 5 ball, its always either a size 1(for dribbling) or a tennis ball(for ball control)...the only time I use a size 5 is when Im on the field playing...and tbh its helped me loads..it teaches you how to carress the ball...especially when youre goin full speed

Tho maybe its also coz me dribbling style's lik Messi which completely doesnt rely on tricks lik rabona or scissors or stuff lik that...so I dun really noe how it'll affect you tricks wise...

Oh yeah and on a sidenote...Messi said in an interview that he used to dribble a small ball in between those small pieces of twigs and leaves etc on the field at Barcelona...And Ive done that and its way hard to do it accurate let alone fast...but it helps develop great close control and it teaches you to dribble in real small spaces...nobody wud be able to take the ball off you...least for me it works...
Dribbling around furniture is also very good, because since the furniture is wider and bigger than a cone it is more realistic. But if your parents wont allow you to run around in your house, try dribbling around trees outside.
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

Anymi
Veteran Member
Posts: 781
Joined: 21 Dec 2007, 20:09

Post

I just stick with the Size 5.

Any ball is good to dribble. If your shooting dont only use size 5 though

Wanderer
Veteran Member
Posts: 1084
Joined: 22 Mar 2007, 01:42

Post

curling with a smaller ball helps tho...It helps you feel the ball and understand it better..if that makes sense..

mint
EF Drug Baron
Posts: 2430
Joined: 16 Apr 2008, 20:38

Post

Nah i think you should only use a size 5 for shooting practice because a smaller ball is going to be lighter and to hit it perfect you might have to change your shooting technique.

I think shooting should be with a size 5 ball only.
Image
i was made to ignite

Wanderer
Veteran Member
Posts: 1084
Joined: 22 Mar 2007, 01:42

Post

mint wrote:Nah i think you should only use a size 5 for shooting practice because a smaller ball is going to be lighter and to hit it perfect you might have to change your shooting technique.

I think shooting should be with a size 5 ball only.
Yeah I think you may be rite..Since I cant say much bout F&P coz I practically never practise that part of the game..so have never practice curling with a bigger ball :P

Oh yeah and to add sth bout dribbling...ya gotta learn how to jump and avoid the tackles, to get lesser injuries..have gotten quite some bruises from dribbling meself...so yeah jz wanted to add that...

Post Reply