taekwondo and soccer???????

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
liter999
New User

MY FRIEND IS A GOD! I SWEAR EVERYTIME HE TOUCH THE BALL, IT"S JUST AMAZING! HE SCORES FROM ANY DISTANCE OR ANGLE! HE DRIBBLES WITH EASE! AND HE JUST STARTING PLAYING!!!!! I asked him how he does it, is it natural for him...... He said "yes", he told me that he did Tae Kwon Do for 2 years now and got his black belt.......... mmmmmmmm I'm curious it about this.........

John_Bob
Veteran Member

1. Take Taekwondo
2. ????????
3. Become good at soccer

Had2bHarry
Veteran Member

I imagine that Taekwondo players would be quite disciplined, and be quite fit and strong, but I find it a bit hard to beleive that a player who has absolutely NEVER played before would have the technical ability to score from every angle. I've seen players who just start out playing and are very good, but there must be a bit more to it.
Sig by me

fawad000

I am assuming your friend is good at long balls that is why he can score from any angle but still I can't digest this.When I started football,I was good but nowhere near your friend.May be he is God gifted or just pure raw talent.who knows? :?

liter999
New User

but the thing is, taekwondo is basically about learn kick techniques, how to kick hard and stuff, i also took tae kwon do when i was little and quit when i got my first black belt, and when i started to play soccer i remember that it was actually EASY FOR ME TO DIG PLAYERS OUT! it was also easy to shoot......... as time went by i gotten better better........ i dont know lol

mint
EF Drug Baron

I agree with you about Taekwondo will pronanly help because its mostly a kicking style of martial arts, ive done taekwondo on and off since i was little i would have kept on doing it if i hadn't injured myself but im thinking of going back once my knees sorted.
i was made to ignite

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

what level does your friend play at??? Rec, Tavel, School???I doubt that he is as good as you say he is....because to have pinpoint accuracy comes from years of practice with a ball.
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

liter999
New User

he plays in a local club, i think bronze because he just started, the thing is so every body seems so scaried of him when he gets the ball...... like he has like fast but he wasnt the fastest kid when i remembered him in elementary school.....

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

John_Bob wrote:1. Take Taekwondo
2. ????????
3. Become good at soccer
JOHN_BOB HAS SPOKEN.

I took Taekwondo, and I swear I don't find any similarities between Taekwondo and soccer.

1) Taekwondo, your supposed to be loose when you kick (it allows you to keep kicking if you missed), and you don't kick a soccer ball with weak ankles.

2) You don't run in Taekwondo, you bounce around in a circle in an enclosed area

3) You kick up in Taekwondo, you'd get slapped by your sensei/master if you were kicking at the ground.

He definitely plays soccer. For many years he has atleast.

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

Kakasgotskillz wrote:
John_Bob wrote:1. Take Taekwondo
2. ????????
3. Become good at soccer
He definitely plays soccer. For many years he has atleast.
Or he plays in a really crappy league...
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

williampro

no actually u do lots of running in tae kwon do when ur somewhere brown or black belt....... when ur starting u usually do lots of patterns and basically kicks and learn how throw powers and stuff into ur kicks also ur balance........ mmmmmmmm i guess it can help u........ i took it too since 8 and quit when i was black belt, lots of jumping and kicking.... and when u kick it has to be with speed.... :D

matt_a
Veteran Member

doing any martial art is going to help with soccer for a whole lot of different things; overall fitness, kick power, co-ordination, confidence etc

footy_oaf

I read somewhere Ibahimovic did a kick boxing and taekwondo. the thing that most stands out is his flexibility. he can really strec his leg out to contol a long ball even if its really high up and infront of him.
tell me if im wrong, but it will help u with u agiliy and leg speed when running, especially with the ball. taekwondo works on ur legs agility, to be able to do fast and unexpected kicks, so as to not be blocked by the opponent. this will help u perform fakes and good direction changes when dribbling.
i did taekwondo, and it really helps ur enduance, i think, but mAybe thats just me.

watch his agility and precision. http://rescindedred.com/2008/12/08/ibra ... kick-pass/

but ustill need to practice FOOTBALL to be good at FOOTBALL
u cant be a god at something if ur new with it. i can help u though