Shooting Video

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
flyhigh19
Veteran Member

This is a video of me taking some shots earlier today. I used a couple of different shooting techniques in this video. I also wanted to try out my new Tunit uppers as well. For those of you wondering, I am naturally right footed, the reason for the lack of right footed shots (especially instep related) is because I hurt my ankle a couple of months ago (late August) and it still has not fully recovered so I can't perform those type of shots with power or stability or without some pain. The video isn't anything special and only took a very small amount of time to film. So thanks for watching and feedback would be nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nugJ_RxZIQ

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

your a righty? sh*t your left looks as good as my damn right. What level do you play at? Some of those shots were pretty nice.

barcahooligan
Veteran Member

i liked the vid, how are you liking the tunits? cause im thinkin of gettin a pair.......
sig by 2brown347

flyhigh19
Veteran Member

Yeah I am naturally right footed. But I just can't use it right now to its full because of my injury, I can pass pretty well with it. I just can't do things that require a lot of effort from my ankle such as shooting with the instep and how the ankle has to be locked so I am unable to that since my ankle isn't fully recovered. And I play at a premier level for club (but it's a lower division, not like top P1 pr P2), but I am probably going to change teams to play at the P1 level this spring. And I am hoping to make varsity this season for high school soccer.

The Tunits are great. I have 4 pairs of uppers and 2 chassis along with 2 sets of fg studs, and one set of hg studs, and one set of sg studs with extras for each set. I have a pair of .6 uppers and 3 pairs of .8 uppers. Anyways I really like them. The lace cover is great especially the .8 ones. I feel I can always get a really clean strike with my instep with them. For touch, it's pretty good as well. Comfort isn't the best compared to like legends or preds (I own a pair of preds and owned a pair of legends) but I think it's fine. The only problem I have about the Tunit's is that occasionally you will lose a stud so you have to constantly tighten them. I would also strongly advise you on getting extra studs just in case.
Other than that, I think it's a great shoe and I love the fact that you can buy the parts and you can get uppers for sometimes at a very cheap price (especially .7s and .6 ones).

messi14

wow, those are pretty good shots for your left foot, there better than my left foot

Anymi
Veteran Member

I am not as good as you but I am not that bad with my left.

Just a Q, do u ever feel unco when you kick left even if its a good shot?

I do and I also feel like I have a different technque.

flyhigh19
Veteran Member

No not really... But I think the awkwardness goes away with more practice and use. Just try to copy the technique that you have with your right foot. A good way to see, would be just videotaping yourself shooting a ball with your right foot and with your left foot and spot the differences and fix it.

monty

where did you get all those balls? lol
Seriously though, are you right footed? How on earth did you get your left so good?

flyhigh19
Veteran Member

Some of them were my friends, but I didn't bring all of mine either so yeah. I probably have around 18 or so soccer balls. I got them from various places, some of them I found at fields, some I bought (cheap, got like a Puma match ball for like 15 dollars), and some people gave me.

Ha, yeah I am right footed. Well I just practiced a bunch with my left. And I guess my injury kind of forced me to use my left much more especially during the early parts of recovery. But my left was already pretty good before my injury so I guess my injury just made me somewhat perfect it.

monty

When your left was bad, how did you practice with it?
I can't kick the ball far at all.
What position do you play?

flyhigh19
Veteran Member

I kind of devoted time to my left foot. I would take lets say 25 shots (instep drive) with my left foot everyday at one point and tried to copy the technique of my right. Then I would move on to another technique (ex. inside curve) and do the same thing until I was satisfied. But that was a long time ago so I can't exactly remember what I did. One thing I do remember is that I would always try to use my weak foot whenever I could where there were no penalties like practice or pick up games. I guess that's how I developed it. It was a long process, it didn't take like a week, it took like 6 months.

I play various positions, I can play anywhere from CF to CM to outside mid. I'm pretty much an attacking player. For my club team my coach puts me at Left Mid, I guess probably cause of my left foot and since I'm naturally right footed, I can cut inside. But I would say I feel best a CAM.