10%
Elasticoes, hocus pocus, using the sole of the foot Ronaldinho style
13%
Simplicity the Zidane, Kaka style
33%

Total votes: 48

footy_oaf

Post by footy_oaf » 26 Sep 2009, 14:35

yeah, you sound like my style, except that i prefer simplicity, using tricks when i have to. like, i dont bring the ball down with the chop :P

what i love to do is if someone is running at me from an angle i cut towards his back.. ALWAYS works :D
if someone is directly infront of me ill do like exactly the same you do klc, in ordet to get him to commit the wrong way, and if he suprises me somehow, im really quick to react, and get it past him.

too bad im absolutely crap tactics and mentality wise

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 26 Sep 2009, 15:06

Im quite lucky because im good mentality wise and tactically, just comes from experience to be honest, years of playing up front and on the wings have taught me that.

It will come to you don't worry about that. The key thing to mentality is to always enjoy your football and be happy, highlight on your good points and looking at the good stuff you do and don't dwell on the bad things and you will start to play brilliant. That little bit of arrogance and enjoyment gives players the flair and spark that makes the differnce between good and excellent.

footy_oaf

Post by footy_oaf » 26 Sep 2009, 18:48

yeah, its true, dribbling, i now realise, relies alot on your mentality: i want to get past him, i MUST get past him. and if you dont, ah well forget about it... if you dont believe in yourself as a dribbler you wont get anywhere.

i think im good at dribbling but its shooting that gets me lol, but im working on it (the more you practice the more confident you get, i guess, since youre getting better?) but thats beside this topic lol

your post has really helped me understand this much better, thanks klc :P

mr_dude

Post by mr_dude » 26 Sep 2009, 19:21

I'm not sure what this falls under but my two biggest influences are Javier Zanetti and Maicon, so I tend to look a lot like them. No nonsense, just keep the ball under control and run with it. I've also been working on running at full speed with the ball under control, and my control is probably better now while sprinting than while jogging.

footy_oaf

Post by footy_oaf » 26 Sep 2009, 19:30

i love zanetti, he uses his body to shield alot, and doesnt use stepovers etc.. im integrating some of his style into mine, especially using my body more.. anyone who hasnt seen him, watch him on youtube.

plus, he is argentine :P

human

Post by human » 27 Sep 2009, 07:12

yesterday i made up my mind to try running past the whole of 7v7 defence at full pace, once i was on my full pelt cutting past defenders was easy the only problem was to beat the first one when i was standing still. I managed to score 5 ! but i noticed i couldnt get the ball to stick to my foot as KLC advised so it made applying fakes difficult

footy_oaf

Post by footy_oaf » 27 Sep 2009, 10:01

only go as fast as you can control the ball :P
or you will end up losing it most of the time

mr_dude

Post by mr_dude » 27 Sep 2009, 19:17

yesterday i made up my mind to try running past the whole of 7v7 defence at full pace, once i was on my full pelt cutting past defenders was easy the only problem was to beat the first one when i was standing still. I managed to score 5 ! but i noticed i couldnt get the ball to stick to my foot as KLC advised so it made applying fakes difficult
Once you've made up your mind that you're going to dribble, you become unstopabble really. One time, I decided that I was going to carry the ball from my own half, dribble past the entire other team, then go for goal. I started just outside my box on the left side of the field, and dribbled all the way to the right side of the other team's 6-yard box, I hit it straight at the keeper, but I focused more on dribbling and so no one came close to disposessing me.
Keeping in mind that I'm worse than 99.9% of the people on this site, it probably means something.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 27 Sep 2009, 19:50

Human
The most important part to dribbling is been able to keep the ball glued to your foot. The problem with keeping the ball glued to your foot is that it prevents you from running at top speed so you get a dilema. Is it better to dribble slowly and keep the ball under complete control or dribble fast but have the ball miles away from you.

The truthful answer is somewhere inbetween, you don't have to have the ball absolutely tied to you foot if it means you have to walk at 1 mph to do so, but if you can do it then why not. Its just a mtter of practise, messi practises none stop so that he can sprint at full speed and still have the ball glued to his foot.

DannyP84
New User

Post by DannyP84 » 08 Oct 2009, 10:21

my skill can only - zico turn and hocus pocus, feet switch, drag back, half mandora turn, stepover, matthew turn. that all my basic trick

footy_oaf

Post by footy_oaf » 08 Oct 2009, 14:43

whats the half mandora??

DannyP84
New User

Post by DannyP84 » 08 Oct 2009, 19:04

half mandora turn is 180 degree (half 360) when defender back u and flick ethier side depend which u spin clockwise (flick to your left) or anti-clockwise (flick to your right) to make defender confused.

hope u got it i try find video ok

XDSoccer
New User

Post by XDSoccer » 02 Nov 2009, 01:21

my style started out simple.. but I'm still an inexperienced player I've been playing for a little over a yr, but the styles I've actually practiced a bit I've come to really like.. like I said, a simple style, which later I learned cuts, and added to my speed, it's a pretty nice combination :D But I started working on step overs, and they work great for me... all three styles seem to come naturally... should I just focus on one or just try to keep with all three?

LiveTheDream
Veteran Member

Post by LiveTheDream » 02 Nov 2009, 02:59

XDSoccer wrote:my style started out simple.. but I'm still an inexperienced player I've been playing for a little over a yr, but the styles I've actually practiced a bit I've come to really like.. like I said, a simple style, which later I learned cuts, and added to my speed, it's a pretty nice combination :D But I started working on step overs, and they work great for me... all three styles seem to come naturally... should I just focus on one or just try to keep with all three?
Dribbling is all about self-expression, so go with what you feel works well for you. You've already said that your current dribbling style is working well for you, so I'd suggest that you stick with that and expand upon it a little- in my opinion, you can never have too many tricks and turns up your sleeve, because you never know when you might need to use them. Make sure you can do the basic stuff really well though, as from that the more complex things will flow. I personally dribble fairly simply, but as my confidence rises then I start to use slightly more elaborate stuff (should the opportunities to use them present themselves) as the game progresses.
Don't wish things were easier...

... Wish you were better

Focus on the journey, and the result will take care of itself

Giocast7
New User

Re: What is your dribbling style ?

Post by Giocast7 » 22 Jul 2014, 18:44

I have more of or TRY to do the giovani dos santos dribble with close to the foot touches and quick small steps(within the dribble) with alot of speed changes.