Elasticoes, hocus pocus, using the sole of the foot Ronaldinho style
13%
Simplicity the Zidane, Kaka style
33%

Total votes: 48

FootballAddict5

Post by FootballAddict5 » 28 Dec 2008, 16:08

Lol great minds think alike :lol:
yh i agree with you were you should model your dribbling on a few different players bringing there best stuff into your dribbling.
Its a bit like the topic of the perfect player. You can create a perfect dribbling model. :D

Jasinho

Post by Jasinho » 29 Dec 2008, 03:23

Dribbling never really changes Ronaldinho favourite player was Ronaldo but he doesn't dribble like Ronaldo altough he uses stepovers bodyfakes and other stuff that Ronaldo uses but yet is style is different. Same thing for CR7 is favourite player is Figo but is style looks completely different to Figo altough he uses some of the same moves Figo uses but CR7 uses the moves to his style and liking the same thing us dribblers has to do :wink:
BE CONFIDENT! BELIEVE AND KNOW YOU WILL SUCCEED :wink:

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

Post by MUFC1994 » 29 Dec 2008, 15:31

Jasinho wrote:Dribbling never really changes Ronaldinho favourite player was Ronaldo but he doesn't dribble like Ronaldo altough he uses stepovers bodyfakes and other stuff that Ronaldo uses but yet is style is different. Same thing for CR7 is favourite player is Figo but is style looks completely different to Figo altough he uses some of the same moves Figo uses but CR7 uses the moves to his style and liking the same thing us dribblers has to do :wink:

Actually both players (Ronaldinho and CR7) both said in interviews and books that they admire Maradonna more than anyone else because of how he changed football.
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

Jasinho

Post by Jasinho » 29 Dec 2008, 22:31

MUFC1994 wrote:
Jasinho wrote:Dribbling never really changes Ronaldinho favourite player was Ronaldo but he doesn't dribble like Ronaldo altough he uses stepovers bodyfakes and other stuff that Ronaldo uses but yet is style is different. Same thing for CR7 is favourite player is Figo but is style looks completely different to Figo altough he uses some of the same moves Figo uses but CR7 uses the moves to his style and liking the same thing us dribblers has to do :wink:

Actually both players (Ronaldinho and CR7) both said in interviews and books that they admire Maradonna more than anyone else because of how he changed football.
WHO DOSEN'T :)

Rocky
Veteran Member

Post by Rocky » 29 Dec 2008, 23:06

FootballAddict5 wrote:The wannabes who try always fail because its impossible.
Messi and maradona are extremley similar in the way the dribble but not exactly the same, they played in different positions and therfore use slightly different ways to beat an opponent.
Maradona and Messi played almost in the same position.
If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.

First say to yourself what you would be, and then do what you have to do.

What the mind of man can concieve and believe, it can achieve.

Jared18134
Sophomore Member

Post by Jared18134 » 30 Dec 2008, 05:46

Lots of cross-overs dummies and turns!

INTER1908
Veteran Member

Post by INTER1908 » 30 Dec 2008, 06:10

I like to think i'm a lot like Jesus in the way I dribble.
Made by 2Brown.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 30 Dec 2008, 08:39

i think i dribble similar to the style of ronaldinho 10, ronaldo 9, and robinho 10, a style that can be described, by feints, fakes, cuts, stepovers and direction changes, i also use my sole a lot!

Jasinho

Post by Jasinho » 30 Dec 2008, 14:57

panchester07 wrote:i think i dribble similar to the style of ronaldinho 10, ronaldo 9, and robinho 10, a style that can be described, by feints, fakes, cuts, stepovers and direction changes, i also use my sole a lot!
I like the way you dribble I just love to see fakes and feints altough now I prefer the no nonense gambetta style I still have a soft spot for stepovers :lol:

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

Post by Kakasgotskillz » 31 Dec 2008, 04:17

I'll stick with simple cuts, cuz I'm not much of a dribbler anyways, but I've been accused of relying on stepovers on a regular basis (like using 1-2 before cutting). More than likely though I dribble to shield and hold up the play or wait for teammates to get in a good position for a split pass or supporting run

jonpollock

Post by jonpollock » 03 Jan 2009, 23:08

i never knew what the gambetta one was, but that is pretty much me.

what i do is run at players, then just flick it round or under them to catch up with, but if im running side by side with one, i throw in a little cr7 flick to cut behind them. ive done the messi/maradonna run before, mine didnt look as classy, or fluid, but it still worked haha my proudest moment so far in my non existant football career

darth
New User

Post by darth » 25 Sep 2009, 16:06

What exactly is a 'gambetta' style anyway. Have heard it for the first time in my life. I usually play as a second forward or attacking midfielder but my style usually resembles an amalgam of Figo, Deco and Iniesta (whatever style that is). Although my favourite player is Zidane, I find his style too slow for my body as I rely on sudden bursts of acceleration and body feints now more so after getting hacked down plenty doing step-overs as a winger in my early days. My favourite goal is one where I lobbed ball over three players consecutively in the span of 5 meters incl. GK to score a simple tap-in. after the game I was recruited for a 1st division team so it was a memorable day!.. My current favorite players in descending order are Cristiano Ronaldo (amazing repertoire of skill and power), Kaka (graceful altho' not in zizou's league), Iniesta (very creative and easy on eyes) and Ronaldo da Lima (past his peak but is still an awesome force as a forward).

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 25 Sep 2009, 16:30

Im half way between C ronaldo and Messi.

footy_oaf

Post by footy_oaf » 26 Sep 2009, 08:59

i dunno really.. i always use my close control (as soon as he commits) to cut it past before the defender can get to it but thats when there are like 100 people in a small space, like at my school playing in lunch. there people with quick reactions and closs control own, we dcont even need tricks or feints.

but i do use them in matches where there is more space to run to people and have 1v1s, but the most advanced thing i use is stepovers and that "ronaldo chop" thing. just run towards a side, when he rotates his body to that side cut towards the other way.. NO ONE has taken the ball from me without endung up on the floor in the process when i do that.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 26 Sep 2009, 12:26

^^ you sound kinda like my style.

In matches basicly i go on long runs like messi running directly at the defender with the ball very close and as soon as he stops backing up to go for the ball i do a feint kick/stepover or any other trick like flip flap. This works brilliantly...i rarely get tackled because i have quite good ball control and im pretty fast with quick feet too.

But i also do alot of showboating things like ronaldo does like passing the ball with the shoulder, laying the ball off with a ronaldo chop, and all the other freestyling things he does. I practise alot so that i can do that :L its just how i like to express myself, im in no way trying to anoy or make the defenders look bad i just do it because i like to play that way.