Elasticoes, hocus pocus, using the sole of the foot Ronaldinho style
13%
Simplicity the Zidane, Kaka style
33%

Total votes: 48

Jasinho

What is your dribbling style ?

Post by Jasinho » 27 Dec 2008, 16:06

I am really good at stepovers but I have thrown it away for the gambetta and I am enjoying it.
BE CONFIDENT! BELIEVE AND KNOW YOU WILL SUCCEED :wink:

FootballAddict5

Post by FootballAddict5 » 27 Dec 2008, 16:47

I dribble like kaka where i just seem to glide past people. But people have said that i am like Walcott. Im fast and seem to just knock it past people and get it without any fakes. i dont knock it miles past my opponent i knock it just just enough. It seems to work most of the tym.
Im trying to improve it a bit by adding some ronaldo style dribbling and messi style.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Post by Croatianblood1 » 27 Dec 2008, 17:06

I'm not particularly a fast player so I rely on my first touch and simple touches when dribbling the ball. I try to model my playing style after Zidane's because it suits me the most.

Jasinho

Post by Jasinho » 27 Dec 2008, 17:10

FootballAddict5 wrote:I dribble like kaka where i just seem to glide past people. But people have said that i am like Walcott. Im fast and seem to just knock it past people and get it without any fakes. i dont knock it miles past my opponent i knock it just just enough. It seems to work most of the tym.
Im trying to improve it a bit by adding some ronaldo style dribbling and messi style.
Hey football addict you sound more like the Henry and Walcott style where they just electrify past oppents without any fancy stuff(the one style I forgot to put :lol: )

FootballAddict5

Post by FootballAddict5 » 27 Dec 2008, 17:15

U forgot that style :shock: lol
yh thats who people say i play like
Do u reckon i shoudl keep it like that and work on that style or change it?
Btw pace is my greatest asset.

dream_on_go_pro

Post by dream_on_go_pro » 27 Dec 2008, 18:44

i really dont have a specific style because i do some of the hocus pocus elastacos stepovers and all when i am on wing but i play more like zidane as a centre mid fielder because i just use a lot of directional control and simple cuts

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 27 Dec 2008, 19:29

Well I don't really have a copied and pasted style belonging to a pro player... I'm just me

My 3 favorite players growing up were Ronaldinho, Henry and Ronaldo
So I modeled most of my style on them
But with the current stars Messi, C Ronaldo and Torres
I let little parts of their game slip in aswell

I tend to bring the ball to opponents and wait for the second before they commit and I would pull a fake and beat them

I have a very mixed style 'unique' if you like, thats just me

Jasinho

Post by Jasinho » 27 Dec 2008, 19:45

FootballAddict5 wrote:U forgot that style :shock: lol
yh thats who people say i play like
Do u reckon i shoudl keep it like that and work on that style or change it?
Btw pace is my greatest asset.
Any style can be developed but it is best you stick to one as you will be more familiar, become more experienced using it and it will become like breathing to you, leaving defenders dumbfounded without even thinking about it :wink: .

However each person has there own unique dribbling style for e.g. look at Cristiano and Robinho they both use the same stuff but Cristiano is more pacey and outgoing while Robinho is more of the subtle nature. Take a look at dream on go pro style he uses a bit of the simplicity style along with Ronaldinho genius style and New Born has is own style to but is own has alot to do with cuts. I have cut out my stepovers for the no nonsense gambetta style but still use the cristiano cutback and elasticoes why :?: because it is more natural to me and look! I still use the Cristiano cut back and the elastico why because it flows for me so the gambetta may be my main style but I also use other things which makes my style unique completely different from Messi himself.

So if blowing past defenders like they are statues are natural for you then perfect it, if using stepovers with it is natural to you use it :!: but don't use anything that will slow you down :!:. It is also good to try different dribbling styles because you might just might find another style that works better for you, like myself I am really good at stepovers but I am unbelievable at the gambetta :P .

Rocky
Veteran Member

Post by Rocky » 27 Dec 2008, 20:48

My style is a mix of all those styles, but I'll have to say that the Gambeta is my favorite.
If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.

First say to yourself what you would be, and then do what you have to do.

What the mind of man can concieve and believe, it can achieve.

FootballAddict5

Post by FootballAddict5 » 27 Dec 2008, 23:48

Tbh new born no one copys and pastes any style of dribbling belonging to a pro player. Its impossible to do what messi would do in the exact situation that he would do it in. People just base their dribbling on each player,

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 27 Dec 2008, 23:55

Yeah but what of the wanabee's who try?
They copy and pastes a style... and usually fail

Also what of messi and maradona?

Anymi
Veteran Member

Post by Anymi » 28 Dec 2008, 07:55

I dont think I have done a stepover in my life.

Im a mix of gambetta, kaka style and hleb/robben style.

I try and replicate my dribbling style on torres, gerrard (even though you dont see him as a dribbling king) and especially cruyff.

Kakaidol
New User

Post by Kakaidol » 28 Dec 2008, 09:08

mine is purely Kaka's. i went through a few different players style to get to the perfect one that suited me. i watched him closely, and in the end i play exactly like him. .

FootballAddict5

Post by FootballAddict5 » 28 Dec 2008, 11:01

The wannabes who try always fail because its impossible.
Messi and maradona are extremley similar in the way the dribble but not exactly the same, they played in different positions and therfore use slightly different ways to beat an opponent.

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 28 Dec 2008, 14:18

The wannabes who try always fail because its impossible
But they still try don't they, they copy and paste a style, it doesn't work, but it happens... which is kinda pathetic
extremley similar in the way the dribble but not exactly the same
Well thats kinda what I meant by copied and pasted
But they use the same techniques to beat opponents (great minds think alike...)

Just to clarify I think its best to model your dribbling off a few different players, like if you see something you like learn to do it and apply your own method and style to it

And the common styles of dribbling can be labelled more as techniques:

Techniques:
-Gambetta (Maradona, Helb, Messi and Robben)
-Eloborate Feinting (C Ronaldo, Robinho and Ronaldinho)
-Simple Cuts (Zidane, Kaka and Gerrard)

Styles:
-Speed Dribbling (CR7, Messi, Robben, Kaka, Theirry Henry)
-Pressure Avoiding Dribbling (Ronaldinho, Lampard, Xavi, Zidane)
-Quick 1/2 Touch Dribbling (Zidane, Ronaldinho, Dennis Bergkamp)

Read more into it here